Author Topic: Grimsby  (Read 8968 times)

youngchubby69

Grimsby
« on: July 22, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »
Great result and well done, a final to come against Trinity.
Send boys to Boston and see what you get Grimsby.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 06:27:57 PM »
Alot of positives out there today. Yes they played mainly under 23's, Thier choice, we were well organised & played some excellent football. Willis rarely kicked the ball out, it was given to the full backs & played through our midfield. The great penalty save was bout the only save he had to make. We look solid at the back, got plenty of height & Cowgill is quality. Chapman & McGuire give us class & experience in midfield, where Vinno is getting better every game. Smithy looked alot sharper today, Hawley did well & Tshimanga looks a good striker. The pitch looks excellent too.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:29:27 PM »
 And events roll on ..
  Boston loan  a left sided wide man from Rotherham ..
      Southport bag midfield presence Schumacher who's had a few League clubs. .from what Ive seen he's a bit hit and miss .
    Salford 'splash more cash ' on a Rochdale striker ..who scored 3 goals v Chorley recently .
        And still 2 weeks to go .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:55:36 PM »
Jack Reddington the new Salford striker is reputed to be on £2k a week .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
That gets a good mortgage .. :(

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »
Who gives a toss what Salford do, no other club in this league respects them, they are nothing with a bunch of money grabbing players including pidge, I can't wait for our Smithy to smash him.
This club showed pidge respect,support and loyalty, he and only he has decided to go money chasing.
So he is now a hobby club and tv show player sucking up to the Man Utd has beens, I shall not clap him when he returns to York Street, and don't give me all that about loyalty to players  rubbish, he stated that, I love this club, I would come back and play here again, and the first offer he gets too play for the little Man Utd and a big fat wedge of cash, he soon forgets all of his fans at Boston.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 12:32:43 AM »
Who gives a toss what Salford do, no other club in this league respects them, they are nothing with a bunch of money grabbing players including pidge, I can't wait for our Smithy to smash him.
This club showed pidge respect,support and loyalty, he and only he has decided to go money chasing.
So he is now a hobby club and tv show player sucking up to the Man Utd has beens, I shall not clap him when he returns to York Street, and don't give me all that about loyalty to players  rubbish, he stated that, I love this club, I would come back and play here again, and the first offer he gets too play for the little Man Utd and a big fat wedge of cash, he soon forgets all of his fans at Boston.

Players usually follow the (big) money.
If S*lford were paying similar wages to Boston then he would probably have made himself available to your manager, rather than become some bit part in a sporting version of the Truman show.
S*lford and their owners have quickly become the most despised club in (non league) football. The brackets will disappear pretty quickly, as will the owners as they fade into obscurity.
Think the BBC need to realise that most football fans are not interested in some millionaires vanity project

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 01:11:18 AM »

Players usually follow the (big) money.
If S*lford were paying similar wages to Boston then he would probably have made himself available to your manager, rather than become some bit part in a sporting version of the Truman show.
S*lford and their owners have quickly become the most despised club in (non league) football. The brackets will disappear pretty quickly, as will the owners as they fade into obscurity.
Think the BBC need to realise that most football fans are not interested in some millionaires vanity project
[/quote]

Well said that man.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »

I don't blame Pidge. He's hardly going to turn round and go, actually, pay me less... it's his job.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »

I don't blame Pidge. He's hardly going to turn round and go, actually, pay me less... it's his job.
I agree with you P86. Pidge is entitled to his pay day. He gave us 3 good years. Good luck to him. The fault lies at $alford, not with the individual players. They shouldn't ignore the huge carrot while they can get it.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »
A few snaps from yesterday's match in a public Facebook Album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155540913894282.1073741995.570994281&type=1&l=6df1e33e98

I'll have a go at identifying all the new players later.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »
And with a bit of help from Facebook friends I think I've got an action shot of all the Boston players in the match. I've bunged them in one of my usual little Match Galleries:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/grimsbytown220717.html

Got all the goals as well - which is rather unusual for me.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
Have we signed Mason Warren, is he on loan, or on trial?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
Newsnow conf north reported it as a 'loan' yesterday ,but I cant see it now .
   I think the source was given as Boston Standard .
 It also said there was no further interest in the other 2 , from which party I know not .
  Maybe things will be announced / or not early in the week .

Ah there is an article on Standard website about that and yesterdays purrrformance.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:20:59 PM by father Ted »

youngchubby69