Author Topic: Piergiani  (Read 8247 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Piergiani
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »
Some photos of Piergianni taken at last Saturdays match between Salford and FC United.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Piergiani
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »
Overpaid very likely, but most certainly not overrated.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 09:40:29 PM »
Can't wait until Smithy gets stuck into him.
A warrior at Boston once, but not much good at taking penalties, as I remember,he missed the important one against Chorley in the playoffs.
I know he was many fans favourite, but he didn't impress me much, didn't have a lot of skill really, but good at heading the ball.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
A warrior at Boston once, but not much good at taking penalties, as I remember,he missed the important one against Chorley in the playoffs.
I know he was many fans favourite, but he didn't impress me much, didn't have a lot of skill really, but good at heading the ball.
Seriously? Heading, tackling, great distribution and strength. And named by opposition managers in the Conf North team of the year twice. Sorry, Chubby, you're entitled to differ, but i have to say you've got this one wrong. I bet he'd impress you if he'd played in last year's team. He would have helped to make a huge difference to our defensive frailties.
One thing you have got right is Pidge vs Smithy has the right all the ingredients for the potential of an epic battle.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:25:09 PM by The Third Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 10:39:50 PM »
looks like a quite famous full back is having a look at him in the 3rd photo???

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 11:06:50 PM »
looks like a quite famous full back is having a look at him in the 3rd photo???
he was never any good, either. Jamie Carragher was 10 times the player!

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 07:50:28 AM »
Great in the air, Great commitment but also part of a defence that let in a lot of goals.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 09:25:38 AM »

We missed him last season. His tackling was incredible, very good at heading and despite a lack of pace, his positioning was good. He made many a last-ditch tackle.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
Great in the air, Great commitment but also part of a defence that let in a lot of goals.

TEP

All the above is true. The main reason that back four conceded so many goals was due to lack of protection from defensive midfielders. Apart from the 20 odd games Jordan Richards played, most of the time the central defenders were exposed & teams knew they could get at us.

DG tried Garner in the holding midfield role but he was ineffective, he is a damned good centre half , but never a holding midfielder.

If Greene had addressed this weakness in the team & we conceded less goals we may have gone on to promotion in 2016. The trick DG may have missed early spring when Marrsy was fit , was him right back, Garns & Pidge central & Zak Mills as the holding midfielder.

The ferriby play off 2nd leg was the sad example of playing without a decent defensive midfielder. Someone said to me 10 mins from the end "Garner hasn't touched the ball yet". He was chasing shadows, when he should have been influencing the game. The amount of games in DG's reign when 2 or 3 goals wasn't enough to win a game.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
Garns & Pidge central & Zak Mills as the holding midfielder.

Zak played in holding midfield for a game - we conceded 5. He didn't want to play there, he preferred playing at full back.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »

Zak played in holding midfield for a game - we conceded 5. He didn't want to play there, he preferred playing at full back.

Zak was only a suggestion out of players available.

However your post adds further evidence to the problem never being addressed for most of DG's reign.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 01:33:44 PM »

Zak was only a suggestion out of players available.

However your post adds further evidence to the problem never being addressed for most of DG's reign.

Jay Dowie?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 03:15:17 PM »
Great thread for us happy clappers who have been conceding that Salford will walk the league .

Although Pidge impressed NC managers and most us fans the fact remains that we did concede many gaols in his time with us ,  also if I recall correctly in his previous season with Corby they conceded almost 100 goals .

Add to that the fact Salford have signed a striker who could not score goals on a regular basis for us or Kiddy last season and have lost their goalie to Fylde what is there to stop us being champs ?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »
Great thread for us happy clappers who have been conceding that Salford will walk the league .

Although Pidge impressed NC managers and most us fans the fact remains that we did concede many gaols in his time with us ,  also if I recall correctly in his previous season with Corby they conceded almost 100 goals .

Add to that the fact Salford have signed a striker who could not score goals on a regular basis for us or Kiddy last season and have lost their goalie to Fylde what is there to stop us being champs ?

In fairness to Pidge, you could have replaced him with Paolo Maldini and that team would have still shipped a load of goals. The way the team was set up just wasn't conducive to keeping clean sheets.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »

In fairness to Pidge, you could have replaced him with Paolo Maldini and that team would have still shipped a load of goals. The way the team was set up just wasn't conducive to keeping clean sheets.
you are spot on, paying 4-1-5 never will keep clean sheets

John Bunyan, 1684