Author Topic: Grimsby  (Read 8879 times)

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Grimsby
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »
I might be wrong but when Pidge was playing for us (before his trip down under) wasn't he also attending a Uni course in Manchester?

If so then playing (and living) in that area makes a lot of sense as even if he is no longer doing a course there he would have friends etc in the North West - in addition to the boot full of cash being paid

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »
I agree Weston. Terrible journey from Manchester. Can't blame him for finding a club up that way.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
He was at uni in Manchester, but his 'home' is in/near Peterborough.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »
I agree Weston. Terrible journey from Manchester. Can't blame him for finding a club up that way.

TEP

No disagreement re: the Pidge situation but, after you've done it the hundreds and hundreds of times I have, you probably have become so immune that you wouldn't describe the journey from Manchester as terrible. I'm based 7 miles north of the city centre towards Bolton, and my Saturday morning journey for home matches has become so routine these last 37 years that I know exactly where I need to be at various check points along the way in order to make it within the reasonably leisurely time of 2 hrs 25 mins to my relatives' place in Boston. Ironically, its the better weather conditions of early and late season, that can lead to that time stretching a few minutes with the extra traffic on the 30 odd miles from leaving the A1 at Newark.

On the other hand making journeys in and around Manchester is REALLY terrible. I work in the city centre and my journey to and from work takes just as long as it does to drive the first 55 miles of the my Saturday morning jaunts to Boston.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »

No disagreement re: the Pidge situation but, after you've done it the hundreds and hundreds of times I have, you probably have become so immune that you wouldn't describe the journey from Manchester as terrible. I'm based 7 miles north of the city centre towards Bolton, and my Saturday morning journey for home matches has become so routine these last 37 years that I know exactly where I need to be at various check points along the way in order to make it within the reasonably leisurely time of 2 hrs 25 mins to my relatives' place in Boston. Ironically, its the better weather conditions of early and late season, that can lead to that time stretching a few minutes with the extra traffic on the 30 odd miles from leaving the A1 at Newark.

On the other hand making journeys in and around Manchester is REALLY terrible. I work in the city centre and my journey to and from work takes just as long as it does to drive the first 55 miles of the my Saturday morning jaunts to Boston.
[/quote]

Respect there my man👍
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR