Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 19140 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Analysis
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
Here are Boston United's league position plots for the last few seasons.

2016/17

2015/16

2014/15

2013/14

2012/13

2011/12

2010/11

2009/10

2008/09

2007/08

A fair few ups and downs over the seasons, so not quite as bad as Grand Prix races that seem to be determined at the first corner nowadays. :)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
 Thanks Ken ..
    Maybe a correlation .. as discussed .. late Sept to season end , but who knows  ???
     Interesting ..very .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 12:51:10 AM »
 Guess it seems Boston can't afford to contract more decent forwards , so its loans or a punt on lower leagues .
   Remaining pre season has little fan relevance , save for the downside of possible injuries ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
Guess it seems Boston can't afford to contract more decent forwards , so its loans or a punt on lower leagues .
   Remaining pre season has little fan relevance , save for the downside of possible injuries ..

"a punt on lower leagues "   surely not another Southwell , Miller type signing ! ;)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
CN qtr 1
  Posn 17th 11pts  13 : 20
   Median position by points a win shy of half-way .
     I feel a budget busting loan in of defenders would be fruitful
         eg 11th Bradford  13:12  15pts

regards

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:32 PM »
Another loss .

Worryingly Boston now have 2nd worse goals against of 22 clubs .

Tomorrows games unlikely to push Boston into relegation places .

Haughmond Saturday ,maybe AM will be sweating   ::) on blooding back up and u 21 u18 players .

Regards to all .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »
Agree GHM, you've identified good reasons why we can have a successful season!

There has been much hard work done pre season from chairman down to fans who have mucked in & spruced the ground up.

AM & several players have talked about the passionate Boston support & how much it lifts them so let's turn out again & be our 12th man!

I hope Adam can figure out how he has lost "the passionate " support of the fans .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 11:10:29 PM »
Yesterday's gate was low because it was all pay, season ticket holders won't come out to play on these days. Even when Dennis was here. Remember Dereham town September a couple of seasons ago 836.
It's a fact and not just at Boston gates are always low until you get further in.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »
Yes Tash you are correct, that is always the case, I don't know why really.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »
Its been that way for a long time now, even back in the 1980's gates were always lower in the early rounds for ties against the smaller clubs.

And that's before the club had a culture of season ticket holders.

My view is if I'm in town and there's a game on I generally go, I'm not too fussed about the opposition but I did think £15 was steep on Saturday to watch that level of opposition. Not blaming the club but you can see why 300 regulars didn't go.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
I'm a OAP season ticket holder which works out at about £7 per match ,  with this like other S/T holders I turn up habitually every match and taking a normal overall season it presents in my opinion value for money .

On Saturday I turned up and paid the normal £11 admission fully knowing it may not be the best of games .

On leaving the game and being reminded of the £11 admission I speculated  would a pensioner on a basic pension return  now knowing the very poor quality of the product on offer .    My guess is they would find it hard to justify spending a sizable part of their pension .
Same applies to the many loyal low paid supporters .

Unless better entertainment is produced the gates will continue to decline .
Imperative we have an outstanding cup run to get the now declining numbers back .

youngchubby69

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »
It was a poor attendance, and I don't expect it to be much better on Saturday, especially if we don't win tomorrow night.
I don't find our football entertaining at all, I only continue going to support the club, to be honest if I didn't love this club so much, I wouldn't bother.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 02:11:50 PM »
At the moment supporting BUFC is a labour of love, its not pleasurable but its a habit.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »
The football is awful to watch.

I know a few season ticket holders who wouldn't bother going had they not been holders - and in the past would have arranged their holidays not to clash with home matches - but that no longer matters this season. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
At the moment supporting BUFC is a labour of love, its not pleasurable but its a habit.

Well I can't fault you there, but I do agree with you, that the current team does marginally have more quality than last season.
But God it needs some work, and a striker.