Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 19223 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Analysis
« on: July 02, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
With time to go to KO , a little stato exercise
 How soon into season does the approx league position tie in where you finish ?
 I think its earler than you think..was it 15th last term ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Analysis
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »
Last day of the season

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 04:31:27 PM »
I always think the first 8 games shape your season.
If you've picked up anything like 12-15 points, then you should be in decent shape for a reasonably successful campaign. 15-20 from these games is a bonus, and would likely mean play-off football if it could be maintained. Anything less than 8-10 and you're normally in for a long season.
It does depend on the fixture computer as much as anything, and how well the new squad gel in preseason, as even a squad of stars hasn't necessarily learnt to play as a team in the early stages.
All this hypothesy doesn't always follow, and someone usually creeps up the league after a poor start (BPA for example) and someone usually falls away from a good start (Harrogate for example), but 8 games is my shout for a season setting indication.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
I think 12-15 points after 8 games is a fair target and would be acceptable by all supporters .

Get to the end of December and 2 points out of the play-offs AM honeymoon period will be over,  we will see the usual suspects demanding  "sack the manager the season is over "

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »
I think we will have a better season than last year but I'd be surprised if we are in the play offs or able to get promoted as mr Murray has claimed he wants in interviews.
Flirting with the play offs will be good enough (but only just for me)after all there will be no excuses as this will be totally  a team built by Murray with a hell of a lot of forced changes behind the scenes to make his vision possible along the way.
I agree a points return of 12-15 from the opening 8 games would be good.
As for his style of play I do hope we are more attractive at home but continue with murrays cautious approach when on the road.
Looking forward to seeing the lads gel now in pre season.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
I think 12-15 points after 8 games is a fair target and would be acceptable by all supporters .

Get to the end of December and 2 points out of the play-offs AM honeymoon period will be over,  we will see the usual suspects demanding  "sack the manager the season is over "

Come on Pete me old mate, , there is enough doom and gloom about over bloody brexit, without predicting the same for our new manager over the teams position in the league round about Christmas , be positive man, let the man get on with the job of turning this football clubs performances around on the pitch, even Alex Ferguson on our budget would struggle to do it instantly , sniping about what some of the fans will do or not do is not helpful, I personally think AM will do a good job as our manager, I'm sure he won't get mixed up with posting on twatter like DG did, that was his downfall in the end, it's so easy nowadays for trolls to prosper on the internet, not that I'm saying your a troll Pete , I enjoy reading most of your posts and other posts on this medium, let's all have an enjoyable and happy season watching AM turn this teams efforts into reality on the pitch and in the stands also, Good health to you Pete, and good luck to the pilgrims this season, on and off the pitch.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
By the end of January we should know if we are going to challenge for promotion, play offs.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »

Come on Pete me old mate, , there is enough doom and gloom about over bloody brexit, without predicting the same for our new manager over the teams position in the league round about Christmas , be positive man, let the man get on with the job of turning this football clubs performances around on the pitch, even Alex Ferguson on our budget would struggle to do it instantly , sniping about what some of the fans will do or not do is not helpful, I personally think AM will do a good job as our manager, I'm sure he won't get mixed up
with posting on twatter like DG did, that was his downfall in the end, it's so easy nowadays for trolls to prosper on the internet, not that I'm saying your a troll Pete , I enjoy reading most of your posts and other posts on this medium, let's all have an enjoyable and happy season watching AM turn this teams efforts into reality on the pitch and in the stands also, Good health to you Pete, and good luck to the pilgrims this season, on and off the pitch.

With a new team 12-15 points from the first 8 games is a good return as expressed by others on here ,  a good return to start to build on for a good  season .    Doom and gloom ?  I got accused of being too optimistic on here a couple of days ago for predicting the play-offs .     We've done it before and we can do it again .
I'll come on Spayne Terrace early season to cheer you up Ken .

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »
I think we will not make the playoffs, as this is just a season for AM to build a title challenging team for next season.
I like what AM is doing on and off the field, it screams professionalism to me.
This season will be better than the last one, but I am being cautious here and don't want to get ahead of myself.
I truly hope we are going to be play off material and we may well be, but I feel there is a bigger picture here to look at,and that is one of good times ahead, but not just yet.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »
yc69 i agree with your last post a professional cautious approach but a touch more expansive when playing at home will do for me.
Afterall we all want to be entertained.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 10:03:38 PM »
I think we will not make the playoffs, as this is just a season for AM to build a title challenging team for next season.
I like what AM is doing on and off the field, it screams professionalism to me.
This season will be better than the last one, but I am being cautious here and don't want to get ahead of myself.
I truly hope we are going to be play off material and we may well be, but I feel there is a bigger picture here to look at,and that is one of good times ahead, but not just yet.

Much logic in your post chubby , but ceamboy is right lets have less doom and gloom .   With play-offs expanded to 7th place and the more professional organisation of the field 7th place is a modest target .
Good in theory building a team for next season but that often backfires as we found out , the best players you have planned to build on move to higher clubs .  Same for last seasons runners up Kiddy ,  they have lost key players and are having to start from scratch almost .

Too much fear over the 5 full-time clubs ,  Nuneaton do it on the cheap without making a real impact .  Kiddys squad has been ravaged by other clubs , and Harrogate are .......well Simon Weaver and dad .

York and Salford leave the likes of us 5 places to play for , surely we have to make at least 7th place .

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »
Yes GHM less doom and gloom, but I do feel positive though, we need to get behind this team from the off this season, they are going to need us, so let's start with this Saturday a big turn out is just what is required.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
Looking at the first 8 games now the fixtures are out I think the 12 -15 points target looks very achievable .
Southport (A)  first match and Kiddy (A) plus Chorley at  home will be tough matches ,  the remaining 5 should all be winnable .

Anything less than 12 points will be a poor return ,  15 or over will be an excellent start .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 11:18:07 AM »
Almost there now with the squad and I am amazed at some of the negative comments /predictions .

Overall picture , a seemingly more professional set-up . Not sure if Adam is full-time or not but it's been suggested on here that he is .
Great move making the team midland  based near motorway giving an improved recruitment area ,  also reduced travelling for players making signing for BUFC a more attractive proposition .
Three training sessions a week means improved performances and fitness .

Those harping on about  Salfords wealth should count our blessing of £100k a year from Chestnuts ,  most teams in our league would be grateful for that .

Squad,   so far it includes 3 players we have paid a fee for ,  and  3 players who at the commencement of last season were playing together in a League 2 team .

We have 3 strikers ,  one who reportedly turned down higher league club offers ,   another who runners up Kiddy was desperate to keep but was tempted to Boston ,  plus Gregg Smith .     Add to that a promising England C midfielder and I think the basics are there for a great season .   It looks that Chestnuts have given AM an acceptable budget to assemble a team .

Apart from Salford and York I see no other daunting  treats ,  the other F/T teams will be no greater threat than part-timers NFU and Guiseley have been in the past .     Third place is achievable .   

I'm going to be cautious and predict a forth place finish .  surely we will do better than 7th .
As for "just missing out " can be justified as acceptable beggars belief in my mind .

Time for fans , manager and players to pull together and get a successful show on the pitch .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 12:19:23 PM »
Agree GHM, you've identified good reasons why we can have a successful season!

There has been much hard work done pre season from chairman down to fans who have mucked in & spruced the ground up.

AM & several players have talked about the passionate Boston support & how much it lifts them so let's turn out again & be our 12th man!