Author Topic: Mwanyongo  (Read 9504 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mwanyongo
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »
The clubs hiring of strikers has been rubbish since Dens boys left ..Smithy excepted .

Beg some good loan signings from nearish neighbours , and hope maybe Vince and Grant can fill in as sniffers  ???

Greene signed Smith ,  On a more important note Ted is there any good night clubs open on a Friday night at Southport  .?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
The clubs hiring of strikers has been rubbish since Dens boys left ..Smithy excepted .

Beg some good loan signings from nearish neighbours , and hope maybe Vince and Grant can fill in as sniffers  ???

it's a shame that Mani Diziwotsit couldn't have been afforded - he's considered good enough for $alford!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 05:44:35 PM »
I don't think he is worth what Salford are paying him ie; £1000 a week plus Accommodation. There must be better out there at a fraction of that.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
I don't think he is worth what Salford are paying him ie; £1000 a week plus Accommodation. There must be better out there at a fraction of that.
I think what they are prepared to pay is scandalous, and yes, at our level you should be able to get a similar quality player at much less, and still get value for money. Ability-wise, I did think he looked the part, however.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »
I think we should take hart that they are willing to sign absolutely shite players like him.
If the rest of squad is of his calibre,well we have real relegation contenders over in little Manchester United.
Very disappointed that Pidge signed for them,I thought he had more class than to go for the money.
Just another greedy player after all, sad really.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »
So if you were offered double the money for doing the same job you'd knock it back?

Clubs treat players like shit when it suits them to do so. This helps make players selfish and I don't blame them

They have a short earnings window so good luck to em

If Boston suddenly got wealthy backers we wouldn't be complaining

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 09:52:06 AM »
So if you were offered double the money for doing the same job you'd knock it back?

Clubs treat players like shit when it suits them to do so. This helps make players selfish and I don't blame them

They have a short earnings window so good luck to em

If Boston suddenly got wealthy backers we wouldn't be complaining

100% Agree, I have a lot of loyalty and respect for my bosses, who i also socialize with outside work, But me my wife and child would always be my main so if more money came up id be gone

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »
Be fair Chubby ,  Pidge is only doing what any other sensible young man would do .
Pidge owes BUFC nothing ,   us supporters owe Pidge a big thank-you for his great service to the club while here .

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 11:10:26 AM »
I do understand the money aspect totally, but surely as a player it must be about success and what you achieve,if not what the he'll are you doing it for,there is easier ways to earn money than getting kicked all over a football pitch.
Yes reward players if they do well,but to chuck money at them just because you can is just encouraging them to perform how they want to,but not how you want them too.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 04:30:23 PM »
It's a job. Just like your job and my job. Granted it's a great job but footballers don't always like their work as much as you think so are out to get what they can.