Author Topic: MAN UP MOANERS!!  (Read 3734 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
MAN UP MOANERS!!
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
Get real with the expectations guys!
painful to read the criticism of players and manager before a ball has been kicked. Show some support. If you want 'big name' signings then go out and do some fundraising and help the club.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: MAN UP MOANERS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:44 AM »
Get real with the expectations guys!
painful to read the criticism of players and manager before a ball has been kicked. Show some support. If you want 'big name' signings then go out and do some fundraising and help the club.

I,ve shown support for 70 years doc ,  continue to do so having renewed my season ticket again ,    unlike some I do not through abuse at managers /players .  In recent years we have witnessed  abuse at some players and vile abuse to some managers which many of us feel ashamed of.

If you look back through my posts you will see long ago I advocated fans getting realistic with their expectations .

I therefore think I have a duty to not spew abuse on the forum ,  but what I do have is a right to express an opinion .

Managers have got to be given realistic time , but nevertheless we can express an opinion along the way of how the manager is delivering .   At the moment these " moaners " you refer to are probably like myself and when referring to wiki to read career record of players signed that they have never heard of get very concerned .     Also  many of his signings last season could be rated poor .

Many non posters I speak to who never read patter express similar concerns .  I fear that as it stands at the moment we may be in for a tough season with a dip in support from the kick-off ,  good early results needed to generate support .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:47 AM »
Pete Dayles record was pretty ordinary before we signed him, this new lad might be a jewel you never know. I was a Greene fan but he has gone and as far as I know is still not in management. Managers say silly things at times and make mistakes let's hope Adam never pays £10,000 for a player with a great calibrate on paper. As Saint and Greavsy used to say it's a funny old game. How's the golf by the way?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »
Pete Dayles record was pretty ordinary before we signed him, this new lad might be a jewel you never know. I was a Greene fan but he has gone and as far as I know is still not in management. Managers say silly things at times and make mistakes let's hope Adam never pays £10,000 for a player with a great calibrate on paper. As Saint and Greavsy used to say it's a funny old game. How's the golf by the way?

As I have said Dave I don,t set my expectations too high ,  I stated before a new manager was appointed we could not expect the new man to leave with a CV to match Greens . Hoping I am proved wrong .

As for my  opinion on Waite it is based solely on what I read on wiki .   since then I have been reading comments from Kiddy and Nuneaton fans and this only served to lower my expectations even further .

Golf ?   To be fair Dave I think those managers/ footballers who I criticise on Patter should have a right of reply by giving an assessment on the quality of my golf . :police:

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »
Didn't DG sign lots of players that nobody had heard of??
Felix Rollins Burgess Hilliard  just to name a few, I had never heard of Pidge and Zak Mills before he signed them.
Maybe I just don't follow other clubs enough.
But moaning is in our culture so I suppose we are only doing what comes naturally.
We all need to get behind Adam and this team from the start, it's going to be another very tough season.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:09:08 PM »
Felix Rollins Burgess Hilliard  just to name a few, I had never heard of Pidge and Zak Mills before he signed them.
But moaning is in our culture so I suppose we are only doing what comes naturally.
We all need to get behind Adam and this team from the start, it's going to be another very tough season.
Zak played for our U-16 team!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
Sounds about like my golf Pete😊
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 10:42:28 AM »
Zak played for our U-16 team!

Pidge also was a member of the Centre of Excellence.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/