Author Topic: New signing?  (Read 44384 times)

youngchubby69

Re: New signing?
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
He is probably filling me full of crap then , do we have a wage cap in our league??
Perhaps Danny Rowe is signing because he will get a trial at Man Utd,, being that his bosses have the key to the door at Old Trafford.
You can have all the money in the world to buy and pay players,, but if they don't gel you might as well not bother.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »
They won't be in existence in 2025, billionaire come and go, as soon as he gets board he will walk, they will need a new ground and they are not cheap, Danny Rowe is following the money, he has no ambition.
I love watching them spend their money, they are so greedy and a disgrace to non league football.
They are just a TV show and that's all.
if Rowe signed for Salford, there's a massive irony that the €ylde cash cow will be outdone by the $alford cash cow!

Fylde signed Salfords goalie last week .
I hope they bankrupt each other!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2017, 05:18:56 PM »
Perhaps Danny Rowe is signing because he will get a trial at Man Utd

He was at Man Utd as a youth.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
Personally I think you can add Telfptd to the list of teams that will do well. Rob Edwards was first team coach at wolves and previously their u23 coach. Now he is manager at Telford ( a place Wolves play their u23 games at) and the fact Telford have received some major investment and I expect they will utilise Wolves for many loan signings means Telford could be a big deal next year. Rob Edwards is also a top top coach and was even apparently considered for the manager job at wolves last summer. Of course it could all go wrong like most non league projects

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2017, 12:17:52 PM »
Following on from that , I feel BUFC should forge /reforge stronger connections with the likes of Pboro ,Leicester and Forest

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2017, 01:11:52 PM »
That could only have positives to it. As long as any agreement didn't include Boston taking on loans of certain players and having to shoe horn them into the team.

youngchubby69

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »
Listening to what AM has said so far,he us not keen on loan signings this season, he said it can disrupt the team.
So probably that option is a non starter

youngchubby69

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »
Does anyone think we will see anymore new signings before Saturday, I am looking forward too watching them play against the poachers.
Did anyone read the article in the Boston Standard from David Newton, I found it interesting what he said about,keeping on York Street was a mistake and has been a big financial drain on the club.
Perhaps that explains everything now regarding our budget, but were would we have gone too,and would the majority of fan's followed them.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2017, 03:47:42 PM »
Yes sentimental stuff re York st ,and just as I feel .
   Re loans may have to in the end , though even ones from Norwich and Ipswich have proved underwhelming ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2017, 09:03:07 PM »
New signing tonight .  Jordon Keane defender ,  ex Worcester City .

youngchubby69

« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2017, 09:29:16 PM »
Didn't expect another defender.
Don't know much about him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »

2 games for a relegated Worcester and 5 games for struggling Nuneaton is all the statistics  I can find for last season .  23 years old .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2017, 11:36:19 PM »
Your glass seems half empty Peter .
 Maybe AM will opt for a big Pullis type team , 6 at the back and pressing for set pieces..
   Be good to have a side thats not intimidated by any one else in the division  :angel:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:06:04 AM by father Ted »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »

2 games for a relegated Worcester and 5 games for struggling Nuneaton is all the statistics  I can find for last season .  23 years old .

The stats dont match there info but it doesnt look to bad. worcester have struggled but if you look at the goals against i couldnt really say there defence wasnt that bad

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
I think he played in midfield for Worcester. His brother played left back.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/