Author Topic: New signing?  (Read 44363 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New signing?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »
Ashley Hemmings signs - attacking mid who has played a 80-odd games for Dagenham and latterly of Mansfield.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
On paper it looks like we are getting a competitive team together, but i will state 'on paper'.  Lets hope we gel quickly and hit the ground running come that first game of the season. A top six finish and a good cup run would be nice. We can but hope and believe. UTP

Staginpeace

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2017, 03:10:16 PM »
Ashley Hemmings signs - attacking mid who has played a 80-odd games for Dagenham and latterly of Mansfield.

Another good player there from the glimpses we've seen here. Evans didn't fancy him when AM left but he's quick and a good passer, will easily establish himself as a favourite with you.

By the way, dont know if it's been said, heard your training at Shirebrook, just outside Mansfield and not too far from the M1.

There's not many Murray signings left here now, couple that spring to mind are last season's players of the year, Benning, Bennett and Pearce. All defenders but if he coaxes them your way, theyre all great defenders. Haven't got a clue on our starting XI at the minute, so can't say if any morell be following.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:19:15 PM by Staginpeace »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »
On paper it looks like we are getting a competitive team together, but i will state 'on paper'.  Lets hope we gel quickly and hit the ground running come that first game of the season. A top six finish and a good cup run would be nice. We can but hope and believe. UTP

I'm think sixth place will be well within our grasp leftback .  My predictions for the forthcoming season ...

Salford win the league but may have to change managers mid-season to achieve it .

York City with Gary Mills in charge and potential league top scorer Jon Parkin plus £250k parachute payment should secure a play-off spot .

Other full time teams will struggle to make the play-offs .
Harrogate will not sack there manager mid-season , with Weaver in charge even f/t they will struggle to make p/o spot
Nunny  will be on the verge .
Kiddy  will be to 2017/18 season what BUFC was to 16/17 season , a team ravaged by having best players snatched away by bigger teams .

Boston , reorganised with a midlands training base  making recruitment easier ,  plus an extra night training a week being a big asset .
             Appears we can also compete with f/t Kiddy on wages,   and fees paid for 3 players

So York , Stockport and Boston for play-off places ,   joined by 3 of the following ...
 Darlington
 Chorley
 Blythe
 Alfreton
 Nuneaton
 Harrogate .

Bottom 6  .

NFU
Gainsboro
Curzon
Southport
Telford
BPA.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »
You're sticking your neck out there a bit Peter, it will be interesting, come the end of the season, to see how close, or not, your predictions are.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »

Another good player there from the glimpses we've seen here. Evans didn't fancy him when AM left but he's quick and a good passer, will easily establish himself as a favourite with you.

By the way, dont know if it's been said, heard your training at Shirebrook, just outside Mansfield and not too far from the M1.

There's not many Murray signings left here now, couple that spring to mind are last season's players of the year, Benning, Bennett and Pearce. All defenders but if he coaxes them your way, theyre all great defenders. Haven't got a clue on our starting XI at the minute, so can't say if any morell be following.

Thanks for the info Staginpeace regarding the new signings - sounds relatively positive!  I wasn't aware of the Shirebrook info - I remember a pre-season trip there back in the days of Tommy Taylor!  Isn't Shirebrook famous now for being the warehouse HQ of Sports Direct?

youngchubby69

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2017, 07:36:39 AM »
Ashley Hemmings highlights
https://youtu.be/BsVZ7k7-xIc

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2017, 10:52:22 PM »

I'm think sixth place will be well within our grasp leftback .  My predictions for the forthcoming season ...

Salford win the league but may have to change managers mid-season to achieve it .

York City with Gary Mills in charge and potential league top scorer Jon Parkin plus £250k parachute payment should secure a play-off spot .

Harrogate will not sack there manager mid-season , with Weaver in charge even f/t they will struggle to make p/o spot
Kiddy  will be to 2017/18 season what BUFC was to 16/17 season , a team ravaged by having best players snatched away by bigger teams .

Boston , reorganised with a midlands training base  making recruitment easier ,  plus an extra night training a week being a big asset .
             Appears we can also compete with f/t Kiddy on wages,   and fees paid for 3 players

So York , Stockport and Boston for play-off places ,   joined by 3 of the following ...
 Darlington
 Chorley
 Blythe
 Alfreton
 Nuneaton
 Harrogate .

Bottom 6  .

NFU
Gainsboro
Curzon
Southport
Telford
BPA.

Admire your optimism GHM, but can't see BUFC in top half - even after paying for three players so far (unless you sign some really good players in next month)
My predictions -
Agree with Salf*rd, York and  Stockport. Chorley and Darlo were good last season and there are lots of teams with mid table potential. Harrogate will flatter to deceive, Can't see Alfreton bothering the play offs, Blyth and Spennymoor are unknown quantities
Think the teams with the lowest budgets will again fill the bottom six (us included) with Leamington, Curzon and NFU also vulnerable.
One established team will have a spectacular fall (FCUM?)

It all starts soon

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »

Darlington
 Chorley
 Blythe
 Alfreton
 Nuneaton
 Harrogate .

Bottom 6  .

NFU
Gainsboro
Curzon
Southport
Telford
BPA.

Admire your optimism GHM, but can't see BUFC in top half - even after paying for three players so far (unless you sign some really good players in next month)
My predictions -
Agree with Salf*rd, York and  Stockport. Chorley and Darlo were good last season and there are lots of teams with mid table potential. Harrogate will flatter to deceive, Can't see Alfreton bothering the play offs, Blyth and Spennymoor are unknown quantities
Think the teams with the lowest budgets will again fill the bottom six (us included) with Leamington, Curzon and NFU also vulnerable.
One established team will have a spectacular fall (FCUM?)

It all starts soon

Be good to get it started , local derby for us next Sat .
Seems we about are on the same wavelength with our predictions Steeli ,  I think you may well be right about FCUM .

My prediction for Boston was based on my comments re: extra training , fees etc ,  and an assurance from you Geo Willis will be a competent keeper .   

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:49:20 AM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
Salford  as champion s really??
Not by signing our ex striker, I have heard from a Salford fan that two of the famous four are not going to put any more money in.
Apparently Pidge is on 1400 a week, and their player wage bill is 65000  plus a week.
If it's all true then I would be worried as a fan.
They have no other income stream.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2017, 11:30:45 PM »
Not by signing our ex striker, I have heard from a Salford fan that two of the famous four are not going to put any more money in.
Apparently Pidge is on 1400 a week, and their player wage bill is 65000  plus a week.

Don't forget Peter Lim their billionaire 50% shareholder. He wants them in the championship by 2025.

The forum rumour mills are saying Danny Rowe will be a Salford player next week?

youngchubby69

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2017, 01:34:55 AM »
They won't be in existence in 2025, billionaire come and go, as soon as he gets board he will walk, they will need a new ground and they are not cheap, Danny Rowe is following the money, he has no ambition.
I love watching them spend their money, they are so greedy and a disgrace to non league football.
They are just a TV show and that's all.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »

Based on those figures Pidge is grossly underpaid at £1400 /week .
A squad of say 25 players and a wage bill of £65000 plus a week averages out at £2600 per player per week .
Probably your mate from Salford knows Danny Rowe is gong to be on £50k a week when he arrives   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:46:45 AM by green hats mate »

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
They won't be in existence in 2025, billionaire come and go, as soon as he gets board he will walk, they will need a new ground and they are not cheap, Danny Rowe is following the money, he has no ambition.
I love watching them spend their money, they are so greedy and a disgrace to non league football.
if Rowe signed for Salford, there's a massive irony that the €ylde cash cow will be outdone by the $alford cash cow!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »
if Rowe signed for Salford, there's a massive irony that the €ylde cash cow will be outdone by the $alford cash cow!

Fylde signed Salfords goalie last week .