Author Topic: New signing?  (Read 44364 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New signing?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
Good points GHM  and I do understand your points.
I personally think players do perform differently under one manager than they do under another, I know this from a personal experience.
This has been seen at this club many times, Ricky Miller , Dayle Southwell etc,the fans also have a massive part to play in a players confidence and performance, no player wants to feel that they are not only taking on the opposition but also the home fans too.
From my own personal experience the fans do make a difference to how you perform.
Managers often see things in a player that we do not see,the fit and role a player brings to a team.
For example if you look at the Rugby player Dilan Hartley previous England managers wouldn't touch him with a barge pole due to his  poor skill set and discipline records, Eddie Jones came in as head coach picked Dilan as captain, he went on to lead them to 19 straight wins.
It just goes to show that we all get thing's wrong at times, but what we do in Adam is that he does what he thinks is best.
Let's all just enjoy our preseason and then the proof will be in the pudding.

My feelings too!  Good post.
United we stand..................

youngchubby69

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2017, 10:46:51 AM »
Of course I am Boston Supporter, but not a Boston resident.
Who I am or not on FB is not important and perhaps I am not even on there.
But what or who I am, is purely a Lincolnshire man through and through, so I support my county and want everyone and everything to do well.
If our football teams are going backwards,we will not attract good players to the county.
I have over the years supported all the manager's at this club, but let's just hope if things don't go well for Adam the vile hate campaign that we saw  last season against Dennis, that was not an event that anyone should be proud of.
Did it improve us as a team???
We need to get behind Adam and the team from the off, personally I don't care what other players did or didn't do at other clubs,there slate is clean when they come here.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »
YC69 may I ask if you are a long time supporter what was it about AM that inspired you to start posting ?
I must have missed something (not the first time ;) )

youngchubby69

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 02:11:45 PM »
I have been a supporter since the mid eighties,the days of cook and Wilson up front.
The thing that I like about Adam is his professional and the fact he actually comes and haves a chat with you, he is a dedicated and determined chap.
I was also a big supporter of Dennis who did a fantastic job here, but sadly last season got away from him,perhaps he fell out love with club.
Give Adam the support he needs as he doesn't have the budget to compete with our money bags clubs, he will need us.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
Yes I agree youngchubby could be him indeed either that or his agent 😘

Or a Gainsborough fan taking the p*ss out of us .
he's a Boston lad, sure enough. I reckon I worked out who he is after a Facebook fall-out with opposition fans earlier in the year. The style of posts and terminology are identical on Facebook and on here. It's not right to say who I think YC69 is publicly, but if I'm right, he's just a very pro AM fan who genuinely wants Boston success, and thinks most of us are unfair to the manager, Chestnuts and players. And, despite the cloak and dagger, he ain't the manager, chairman, his agent, nor the groundsman. I might not share many of YC69's views, but to give him his dues, at least he cares with massive enthusiasm.

My only doubt on the above TTT is in a previous post chubby wished Steelihat and Trinity a better season ,  never known a Patter person to commit such a sin .   I will not be doing so after they took money off us for a goalie who. could not hold down a place in a relegation threatened side  :)

😂
To be fair GHM, most of us thought he was the better of the two keepers we finished with -perhaps a little small in this league with lots of high ball played into the box. Our manager would have kept him - and we still haven't signed a keeper....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »
Back to the signings ,Clifton looks a decent R Wing Back signing .
  Get a couple pairs of WBs AM  , and there is almost a viable team there .
     I remember at Leek how their WBs made mince meat of us  :angel:

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

Agreed Ted. Nuneaton fans praised him on their forum. One said "imho excellent signing for Boston". Another rated him as "one of the best right sided defenders in the league".

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2017, 07:08:41 PM »

Agreed Ted. Nuneaton fans praised him on their forum. One said "imho excellent signing for Boston". Another rated him as "one of the best right sided defenders in the league".
Didn't they say similar about Maguire?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »

Good to see Steelihat speak well of Geo Willis ,  lets hope we have a full season with a settled goalie ,  something that we have lacked the  last four seasons .

Clifton , Maquire and Gregg Smith seem a good foundation to build on .

As it stands it's difficult to see where the goals are coming from ,   as champs would see on the Nunny forum their fans verdict on Waite was a unified   "Boston must desperate "

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:25 PM »

Good to see Steelihat speak well of Geo Willis ,  lets hope we have a full season with a settled goalie ,  something that we have lacked the  last four seasons .

As it stands it's difficult to see where the goals are coming from ,   as champs would see on the Nunny forum their fans verdict on Waite was a unified   "Boston must desperate "

Have a look on you tube at the 9 goals in 15 games he scored for the Swedish 2nd division team & 6 goals in 11 games for Ilkeston & you'll see why Kiddi were desperate to keep him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »

Have a look on you tube at the 9 goals in 15 games he scored for the Swedish 2nd division team & 6 goals in 11 games for Ilkeston & you'll see why Kiddi were desperate to keep him.

Kiddy fans were not desperate to keep him ,  the goals quoted above were a  lower level than NC , which may explain why he has not been prolific with Kiddy & Nunny .     Hope fears are proven wrong but Adams record on strikers makes us a little wary .

I  like and listen to chubby 69 and now in a post try to see a positive to please him  .

Kiddy make no secret that they are desperate for strikers ,  if they were desperate to keep Waite and Adam was able to make a bigger offer than Kiddy for him DN must have given a sizable budget to compete .   

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »

Kiddy fans were not desperate to keep him ,  the goals quoted above were a  lower level than NC , which may explain why he has not been prolific with Kiddy & Nunny .     Hope fears are proven wrong but Adams record on strikers makes us a little wary .

I  like and listen to chubby 69 and now in a post try to see a positive to please him  .

Kiddy make no secret that they are desperate for strikers ,  if they were desperate to keep Waite and Adam was able to make a bigger offer than Kiddy for him DN must have given a sizable budget to compete .

Its nowt to do with a sizable budget unless its massive. its how it gets used

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »

Its nowt to do with a sizable budget unless its massive. its how it gets used

True , if Kiddy really did want  to hold on to Waite it must have made a fair impact on our budget to clinch a deal .   
Then again if he scores 30 goals a season we will all be delighted !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:52:49 PM by green hats mate »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »
 As it stands ..
                                              WILLIS
                                      COWGILL  BEATSON
                    CLIFTON  BROADHEAD   MAGUIRE  YEOMANS
                                         CHAPMAN  VINCE
                                            SMITH  WAITE