Author Topic: New signing?  (Read 44382 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New signing?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 09:20:40 PM »
Positive s
New ground will start to be built this year
More focus put on to the youth teams that actually produce players.
A manager who is trying to ready this club for professional football
No price increases on admissions or season tickets.
A squad that looks like it can bully other teams rather than be bullied.
A chairman that is still putting money in and trying to move us forward without plunging the club into a massive amount of debt.
Fans that care about the club and don't just turn up so they can be part of a reality tv show.
The club is not changing its home strip just to extort more money out of its fans
We still have a club where many fan's don't due to clubs going bust.
And finally, the Bovril is great and not watered down.
See you all in pre season take care

Are you The managers spin doctor?

In order
1 Will the new ground make BUFC a better team?
2 Youth set up has mostly been abandoned - losing touch with local kids?
3 Ready the club for professional football?  How? Evidence?
4 Clubs are still struggling to attract fans in austere times. Not unique
5 QED
6 Are debts increasing?
7 Fans that comment are usually the ones that care - especially the moaners
8 The away kit has been changed (to extort money out of fans?)
9 Long may non league clubs continue
10 Bovril...erm

Judge the manager and team after they have played a few matches

Good to get an impartial response from a respected neutral poster .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:04 PM »

Positive
10 Bovril...erm

the Bovril is best white with two sugars
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:08:33 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
Signing number six to be revealed tomorrow, how exciting,can't wait to see the negativity.

A positive from me chubby ,   the lad should be fresh and fit , just 8 sub appearances last season for Soli .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:35 PM »
Signing number six to be revealed tomorrow, how exciting,can't wait to see the negativity.

A positive from me chubby ,   the lad should be fresh and fit , just 8 sub appearances last season for Soli .

Had me fooled was convinced you'd go with his 19 goals in 31 games for Gresley.

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 11:36:44 PM »
Yes I am both, and more, perhaps I am the chairman or vice chairman or the grounds man.
But who knows ?????
Most likely someone that actually bothers to listen and read what is actually said or written before making up what you want to hear.
Youth set up , what planet are you on ,how many kids stick to anything at the age of ten and under, I wanted to manage Boston United at the age of nine.
Did that happen or perhaps it did ????
Why should we produce kids for other money bags clubs to poach, the greedy parents are to blame for it, many of them are failed football players who are living their selfish dreams through their kid's.
Seen them shouting there abuse at other kid's and they disgust me.
I played professional rugby, started playing when I was 16  was never focused before then as many kid's are the same.
It was a waste of time and money for Boston good decision by the board, spend the money where it most effective.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 08:09:33 AM »

Had me fooled was convinced you'd go with his 19 goals in 31 games for Gresley.

Excellent goal return ,  looks as though moving up 3 leagues was too much .
Have you got his goal returns at Leicester Nirvana, Histon, St Neots , Oadby and Desborough  ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 10:46:08 AM »
Add to positives Dennis Greene nowhere near the clubs budget & signing of new players. He completely wasted club funds last pre-season & assembled a squad that would have been relegated without Murray's intervention. AM restructuring BUFC Massive positive.

So presumably in a few months, if we're in the bottom 6 you'll be saying the same about AM? Proof of the pudding, etc.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »
Yes I agree youngchubby could be him indeed either that or his agent 😘

Or a Gainsborough fan taking the p*ss out of us .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
Add to positives Dennis Greene nowhere near the clubs budget & signing of new players. He completely wasted club funds last pre-season & assembled a squad that would have been relegated without Murray's intervention. AM restructuring BUFC Massive positive.

So presumably in a few months, if we're in the bottom 6 you'll be saying the same about AM? Proof of the pudding, etc.

Absolutely!! Club first. Managers & players come & go.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »

Can't see it being a Trinity fan GHM, don't think any would be continuously praising your manager

youngchubby69

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »

Can't see it being a Trinity fan GHM, don't think any would be continuously praising your manager
I just hope we both have a better season Stelihat, I like to keep positive and get behind a manager and give them a chance to succeed.
If they don't it's then and only then you should start being negative about them.
I am really surprised and bemused how anyone can criticize a player even before they have kicked a ball for the club, it really makes the new lads welcome, ridiculous and negative.
If any new or potential new players read the comments on here, you can't blame them for turning the club down.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »

he's a Boston lad, sure enough. I reckon I worked out who he is after a Facebook fall-out with opposition fans earlier in the year. The style of posts and terminology are identical on Facebook and on here. It's not right to say who I think YC69 is publicly, but if I'm right, he's just a very pro AM fan who genuinely wants Boston success, and thinks most of us are unfair to the manager, Chestnuts and players. And, despite the cloak and dagger, he ain't the manager, chairman, his agent, nor the groundsman. I might not share many of YC69's views, but to give him his dues, at least he cares with massive enthusiasm.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »

I just hope we both have a better season Stelihat, I like to keep positive and get behind a manager and give them a chance to succeed.
If they don't it's then and only then you should start being negative about them.
I am really surprised and bemused how anyone can criticize a player even before they have kicked a ball for the club, it really makes the new lads welcome, ridiculous and negative.
If any new or potential new players read the comments on here, you can't blame them for turning the club down.

Don't think anyone has actually criticized signings , what most of us do is check players career on WIKI and comments by fans of their previous clubs and then assess if we think we should sign them .  On what facts do you decide they are good signings chubby ?

To be fair none of the comments read on here recently get nowhere near as crude and critical has they have against most our recent managers , and they managed to sign excellent players .

In the real world as in any line of business a potential employee ( player) main consideration is the financial return .

youngchubby69

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:19 AM »
Good points GHM  and I do understand your points.
I personally think players do perform differently under one manager than they do under another, I know this from a personal experience.
This has been seen at this club many times, Ricky Miller , Dayle Southwell etc,the fans also have a massive part to play in a players confidence and performance, no player wants to feel that they are not only taking on the opposition but also the home fans too.
From my own personal experience the fans do make a difference to how you perform.
Managers often see things in a player that we do not see,the fit and role a player brings to a team.
For example if you look at the Rugby player Dilan Hartley previous England managers wouldn't touch him with a barge pole due to his  poor skill set and discipline records, Eddie Jones came in as head coach picked Dilan as captain, he went on to lead them to 19 straight wins.
It just goes to show that we all get thing's wrong at times, but what we do in Adam is that he does what he thinks is best.
Let's all just enjoy our preseason and then the proof will be in the pudding.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »

he's a Boston lad, sure enough. I reckon I worked out who he is after a Facebook fall-out with opposition fans earlier in the year. The style of posts and terminology are identical on Facebook and on here. It's not right to say who I think YC69 is publicly, but if I'm right, he's just a very pro AM fan who genuinely wants Boston success, and thinks most of us are unfair to the manager, Chestnuts and players. And, despite the cloak and dagger, he ain't the manager, chairman, his agent, nor the groundsman. I might not share many of YC69's views, but to give him his dues, at least he cares with massive enthusiasm.

My only doubt on the above TTT is in a previous post chubby wished Steelihat and Trinity a better season ,  never known a Patter person to commit such a sin .   I will not be doing so after they took money off us for a goalie who. could not hold down a place in a relegation threatened side  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:46:34 AM by green hats mate »