Author Topic: Things must be bad.....wheres all the money gone?  (Read 4628 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Things must be bad.....wheres all the money gone?
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »
I see we are advertising for another 'volunteer', this time to drive the team bus every tuesday and thursday.  Are things that bad that we cant pay a very minimal amount to get someone to help the club? Am suprised they aint asked for the volunteer to put the deisel in the bus too.

So my questions are, where has all the money gone? quite concerning as there are still no new arrivals either....

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Things must be bad.....wheres all the money gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
I am amazed how quick people are to spend other people's money. It's quite clear that we have been living above our means for years, even with the Chestnuts' considerable backing for which I, for one, am extremely grateful. Where's all what money gone? We don't have any. Anything that can help to keep us solvent seems to me to be a good idea.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »
Agreed but.....how are we going to achieve promotion (adam said we would) without being able to attract good quality players? i assume they will demand a higher wage and as such we will be back to using the has beens

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:11:23 AM »
I am amazed how quick people are to spend other people's money. It's quite clear that we have been living above our means for years, even with the Chestnuts' considerable backing for which I, for one, am extremely grateful. Where's all what money gone? We don't have any. Anything that can help to keep us solvent seems to me to be a good idea.

It's a shame that everyone can't see that.
United we stand..................

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »
Agreed but.....how are we going to achieve promotion (adam said we would) without being able to attract good quality players? i assume they will demand a higher wage and as such we will be back to using the has beens

The easy answer is that - barring some managerial sorcery from AM - we almost certainly cannot get promoted with the money available to us. We're skint. Them's the breaks - we can either wail about it or just accept we are where we are and crack on towards the long term goal.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:13:16 AM »
Is the Manager full time now? could that be the drain on budget

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:11:04 AM »
No big money signings

No driver for the coach

No youth setup

No new stadium built

We are doomed ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »
makes you realise how well DG did on a small budget..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »

I'm not sure an extra few hundred quid a week will turn us into title challengers.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 01:59:43 PM »

Full time?  and no one has questioned his qualifications as a manager ,  great news !!!!!

Recall some alleged Greene was not a " proper manager "  "no tactical nous "   "always holidaying "  "did no coaching ".  Also recruited numerous play who have gone on to a higher level .

No reduction in budget reported ,  Adam has secured the services of what will be the best midfield in the CN , introduced extra night training a week ,and top 7 play-off places on offer .  Greene got top 6 finish 3 consecutive seasons .

How can we fail to make the play-offs ?,   the grass is always ..........

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:03:41 PM by green hats mate »