Author Topic: JJ's testimonial  (Read 3394 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
JJ's testimonial
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
Apparently there's a testimonial match pencilled in on 6th August for JJ . Its against the Leicester Legends including Muzzey Izzet, Steve Walsh and JJ himself  8)
Can't wait for everything to kick off again!   :police:

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Dan Haystead to Stamford

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: JJ's testimonial
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »

Didn't think he'd lasted ten years at any one club and he would have picked up plenty of transfer bonuses down the years. Why would he deserve / get a testimonial?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:30:57 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »

Didn't think he'd lasted ten years at any one club and he would have picked up plenty of transfer bonuses down the years. Why would he deserve / get a testimonial?
If you check out Boston Town's twitter, JJ is leading a game including "former players and celebs". He also runs "find a jewel workshops", so despite the word " testimonial" being used within the advert, I doubt its anything to do with a match for him in the true sense of the word. To me it looks like a pre season game being dressed up as something bigger than it really is, more likely a glorified trial with a few "names" touted in order to create interest. I could, of course, be totally wrong, and I've just offended many people! It won't be the last time!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:28:07 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »
Well it was from the horse's mouth so to speak  :-X despite what P86 might think  :o

There's also someone, based in Boston, with ueafa  'b' license and currently working on ueafa 'a', who is looking for a new position nationwide.  Any ideas who??  :police: