Author Topic: Squad  (Read 12335 times)

Chelsea

• View Profile
Squad
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
Full squad before pre season said the manager. Is the club entering a five a side league?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:57:56 PM by Chelsea »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
Plenty of time yet ,  need 5 quality additions to mount a play-off challenge .

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
Must admit I'm growing slightly concerned of the lack of signings, hopefully it's just a case of negotiating with the right players at the moment and not struggling to find players else we will end up with the Waide Fairhurts of this world

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
Think I read somewhere that Telford have signed a player from Grantham. Now if that player is good enough for Conference North, wouldn't you have thought he'd have been on our radar first? And if he's local, wouldn't you have thought he'd favour us over a club the other side of Birmingham? Just makes me wonder if our budget isn't competitive enough to get some signings over the line?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »
I'm sure we would all like to see a completed squad. But if we have not got the budget to out bid others then we just need to wait. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
Quality not Quantity that's what we need, we do not want a team like last year that was just thrown together.
It's frustrating not to see players signing,but we just have to be patient, I would guess that we will have a few trialist during pre season.
I see Simmons has gone to Trinity, let's hope he pays more interest their than he did at York Street, a massive let down last season.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
What worries me is Adam said he wanted to sort his squad early when interviewed towards the end of last season so far without panicking it's not quite the case.
Also slightly worrying is Adam also said we will be looking to get promoted in interviews last season when questioned about next season now I get the feeling he is downgrading expectations.
So here is my point is he realising that being boss at Pilgrims is a far bigger juggling act than he initially thought.
If he is waiting for the rite players then my fear is they will be 4th or maybe 5th targets and that will resemble what happened last year in pre season when clearly we struggled to find any real quality a theme which continued bar Smith for the remainder of the season.
I do hope that signings are imminent and we are not going to be playing our 1st league game not sure who is a best fit for a position or the players getting introduced to each other 1 session before the big kick off.
All of the above I dearly hope gets shoved back down my throats and we go unbeaten in August!!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »
Think I read somewhere that Telford have signed a player from Grantham. Now if that player is good enough for Conference North, wouldn't you have thought he'd have been on our radar first? And if he's local, wouldn't you have thought he'd favour us over a club the other side of Birmingham? Just makes me wonder if our budget isn't competitive enough to get some signings over the line?

He is a top quality winger. Can take people on and scores

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:16:31 PM »
What worries me is Adam said he wanted to sort his squad early when interviewed towards the end of last season so far without panicking it's not quite the case.
Also slightly worrying is Adam also said we will be looking to get promoted in interviews last season when questioned about next season now I get the feeling he is downgrading expectations.
So here is my point is he realising that being boss at Pilgrims is a far bigger juggling act than he initially thought.
If he is waiting for the rite players then my fear is they will be 4th or maybe 5th targets and that will resemble what happened last year in pre season when clearly we struggled to find any real quality a theme which continued bar Smith for the remainder of the season.
I do hope that signings are imminent and we are not going to be playing our 1st league game not sure who is a best fit for a position or the players getting introduced to each other 1 session before the big kick off.
All of the above I dearly hope gets shoved back down my throats and we go unbeaten in August!!!
Spot on Shrimper...

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 11:45:00 PM »
He is not going to throw money on any old player to get a team together. tried that last season and look what happened. Cannot blame him if a player gets his head turned by loadsamoney either, he was expecting a couple in this week but nothing yet, I like his style of making sure paperwork is done before announcing a player, competitors cannot jump in and steal them that way. We have a couple more weeks before pre season training starts so maybe there are players coming in for training before they or Adam decide to sign them. Not panicking .....    yet :D

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 01:08:46 AM »
Cmon
 " Just waiting for players to sign the forms " , how many years have we heard that ?

After the 4 /5 signings , the Boston budget is obviously not big enough to attract any more fancied players .

Bring back Den as chief scout  , and look around Europe .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 06:11:21 AM »
It's not the club or the manager, it's players.
They will sit, as many of us would in the same position, waiting to see who will come in for them and how much they can get.
Players are not supporters, it's a job they do, they don't have the affiliation with the club like supporters do.
Some of them will drop a bollock and wait too long and miss out, some will be lucky and get a 'better' club, some will sign.
Ask yourselves this, if someone offered you £200 a week more to do the job you do, would you say no the that offer?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 08:57:54 AM »
Agreed it is probably the players that are delaying, but maybe Adam would like to retract the statement he made before the close season when he said bringing new players in isn't a problem......obviously it is.  I read somewhere that he has interviewed over 50 players which worries me a little - either our standards are too high or the other way round in terms of budget restraints.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
It was a bold statement to say that the squad would be finalised before pre season, this is rarely the case at this level.

However, on paper the players in so far look good. He still has a couple of weeks before pre season and we only need 1 more defender, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »
I hear Lamin Colley is a free Agent lol