Author Topic: Squad  (Read 12382 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »
It was a bold statement to say that the squad would be finalised before pre season, this is rarely the case at this level.

However, on paper the players in so far look good. He still has a couple of weeks before pre season and we only need 1 more defender, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

I think we need two experience defenders Lee ,  five defenders and a goalie at the moment with only about 130 games between them  in N Con , in struggling teams at that .  I reckon with present signings we are mid-table at the very best .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
The last management team around here that did their due diligence on each signing got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »
Perhaps the squad will be in place by preseason as Adam said, we are not in it yet, and let's face it there is no rule in place that states how many players we.can sign in one week.
This fella won't be chucking money away on players who are not good enough or just sign a contract and then suddenly get a mystery injury, that's why he is doing his du diligence.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »
Perhaps the squad will be in place by preseason as Adam said, we are not in it yet, and let's face it there is no rule in place that states how many players we.can sign in one week.
This fella won't be chucking money away on players who are not good enough or just sign a contract and then suddenly get a mystery injury, that's why he is doing his du diligence.
I admire your positivity YC69, and I hope your optimism is well placed. I'm on the fence still, as are other posters it would seem. I took AM's comments on face value, as he still gets the benefit of my doubting mind, but I'm waiting to see some evidence of his promises and his words of wisdom. Clearly, he can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?  I'd like to see some of these proverbial cards on the table, time is pressing on....
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 06:27:40 AM »
Like everyone else I would love the team to be ready now. A 30 goal a season centre forward, a clever number ten supplying him with the killer pass. Two lightening fast wingers that can score, a hard tackling midfield general. Two towering centre backs, two top class full backs and a world class keeper.
I would also love to come home tonight and find the quirky Lucy Worsley waiting in my bed, sadly not all of the above will happen.   ;) ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »
What's Lucy Worsley's best position?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 06:55:10 AM »
Like everyone else I would love the team to be ready now. A 30 goal a season centre forward, a clever number ten supplying him with the killer pass. Two lightening fast wingers that can score, a hard tackling midfield general. Two towering centre backs, two top class full backs and a world class keeper.
I would also love to come home tonight and find the quirky Lucy Worsley waiting in my bed, sadly not all of the above will happen.   ;) ;)
Can I come and live in your world, please?!?!? All things would seem achievable, maybe with a tiny doubt over the "world class" keeper. Having said that, Joe Hart's a free agent!

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »
What's Lucy Worsley's best position?
Missionary?

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 01:25:55 PM »

Many managers at higher levels from time to time sign players that suddenly gets mystery injury .chubby .
 "due diligence"  as in Richard Brodie ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »
Cmon
 " Just waiting for players to sign the forms " , how many years have we heard that ?

After the 4 /5 signings , the Boston budget is obviously not big enough to attract any more fancied players .

Bring back Den as chief scout  , and look around Europe .

Think Murray is cutting costs Ted , instead of going to Europe he is lurking in the Wardentree industrial estate at Spalding hoping some of those jumping out the back of Spanish fruit lorries are footballers . ;)

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 01:33:40 AM »
I think Brodie wasn't the player he would have chosen, at that time in the season it's more of beggars can't be choosers.
I am only talking about players who come in with hidden injuries, Brodie was just pure lazy.
Credit to Adam for dealing with him quickly and ruthlessly.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2017, 07:08:53 AM »
[quote author=green hats mate

Think Murray is cutting costs Ted , instead of going to Europe he is lurking in the Wardentree industrial estate at Spalding hoping some of those jumping out the back of Spanish fruit lorries are footballers . ;)
[/quote]

Excellent post ghm!  ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »
I think Brodie wasn't the player he would have chosen, at that time in the season it's more of beggars can't be choosers.
I am only talking about players who come in with hidden injuries, Brodie was just pure lazy.
Credit to Adam for dealing with him quickly and ruthlessly.

AM said he had done due diligence on Brodie .   Quick ruthless sacking can be costly .

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »
And another week passes by without a word on any new players being signed ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:32 PM »
And another week passes by without a word on any new players being signed ???

Ready now for the " next  24-48 hour " promise .