Author Topic: Mcguire signs  (Read 3635 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Mcguire signs
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
Jamie Mcguire has signed from mansfield.
33 years old midfielder.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: Mcguire signs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
Appointed an academy coach  at Mansfield this week :

PUBLISHED

12:00 20th May 2017

Mansfield Town favourite Jamie McGuire has accepted a coaching role in our academy, the club is pleased to announce.

I'll be giving my heart and soul to this new role"

Jamie McGuire, midfielder

The news follows an offer made to the midfielder by manager Steve Evans.

McGuire, 33, played 107 matches for the Stags, scoring three goals in all competitions since signing from Fleetwood Town in the summer of 2013.

And the popular player will now be part of the club's backroom staff, coaching players in the under 21s and youth teams.

The midfield tiger has called time on a professional playing career which started at Tranmere Rovers, but still harbours ambitions of playing part-time.

Speaking to www.mansfieldtown.net today, McGuire said: “I was 'made up' by the offer, delighted to accept it and am really looking forward to this new challenge.

”I'd like to say a big thank you to the gaffer (Steve Evans), chairman (John Radford) and the chief executive (Carolyn Radford).

“I gave 100% in every game for Mansfield Town and that's what I’ll be giving in this new role in the academy.

“I will miss playing [professionally] a lot, especially at the One Call Stadium, though I think I have a couple of years left in me playing part-time.

“I have a lot of learning to do, but I'm eager to develop as a coach. I'll be giving my heart and soul to this new role,” he added.

Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/article/2016-17/jamie-mcguire-accepts-new-role-at-stags-3720908.aspx#vIa4YI8zDVk9pjZz.99

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
Useful addition ,  much needed experience added to squad .

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »

Mmmmm? I'm a bit uncomfortable about someone who calls SE 'The Gaffer' being in our club.
Don't we need to keep the fruadster at more than arms length?

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:56:45 PM »
Yes we don't like Evans much, but he still has a soft spot for Boston, we may get a few decent players put of this deal

Staginpeace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
Morning everyone, as the name suggests I'm a stag just interested in the comings and goings of Boston.

You've got a cracking player there in Jamma. Very highly thought of by every fan I know. He'll give 100% in every game, maybe a little hotheaded but its forgiven with his performances. Noticed you have a few of our past players/managers, how they all doing?

Looking like muzzas putting quite a strong together this summer :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:20:24 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum, Adam has a couple of ex Stage players, sadly a lot of Boston fan's are not convinced that the players are not good enough and sceptical of what Adam is trying to achieve,I think Boston fan's generally are of the seeing is believing mind set.
I think that's because we have had many managers that talk a good game but it ends there.
We are not putting Adam down, and will get behind him 100% once we see his team.
Many fans are still unhappy that Dennis Green has gone but we will give Adam time to build his own team and see were it goes from there.
A couple of good signings this week has settled us down slightly.
I would personally like Adam to be successful as I like him a lot, and I feel he is truly a club man.