Author Topic: Pidge  (Read 7890 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Re: Pidge
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »
we have to accept we are not as big a club as they are now. despite our history and their lack of it, we can't compete with them on wages and prospects for players currently

so pidge has decided we're not the right club for him right now. good luck to him but remember football is fickle. even players we hold in high esteem like pidge garner etc have no loyalty to us, they look after themselves. that is football at this level. fans are very quick to dismiss players who try their hardest as 'not good enough' 'not commanding enough' 'not hard working enough' so if you give out this kind of opinion, don't expect players to be loyal. they have bills to pay like the rest of us and largely aren't bothered about who they play for. those days are gone

so when we applaud someone whoit is reported laughed at gregg's broken leg maybe think twice as few players give two f~~~s about fans

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »
we have to accept we are not as big a club as they are now. despite our history and their lack of it, we can't compete with them on wages and prospects for players currently

so pidge has decided we're not the right club for him right now. good luck to him but remember football is fickle. even players we hold in high esteem like pidge garner etc have no loyalty to us, they look after themselves. that is football at this level. fans are very quick to dismiss players who try their hardest as 'not good enough' 'not commanding enough' 'not hard working enough' so if you give out this kind of opinion, don't expect players to be loyal. they have bills to pay like the rest of us and largely aren't bothered about who they play for. those days are gone

so when we applaud someone whoit is reported laughed at gregg's broken leg maybe think twice as few players give two f~~~s about fans
Correct!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »

Correct!
I have avoided saying this but as someone else brought it up...I cannot forget the disgust I felt as i was stood immediately behind the goal at The Northolme watching Mr Willis' initial reaction to Gregg's injury. It was despicable, and for that I will NEVER forgive. Sure, he can't have known the severity of it immediately, but to react like he did about a fellow professional in such pain is beyond appalling to me. I've no doubt there are plenty of Pilgrims ready to tell me to forget the past, etc, but his actions stuck in my throat that badly that day. Sorry, but I cannot go beyond that.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 09:10:40 PM »

Correct!
I have avoided saying this but as someone else brought it up...I cannot forget the disgust I felt as i was stood immediately behind the goal at The Northolme watching Mr Willis' initial reaction to Gregg's injury. It was despicable, and for that I will NEVER forgive. Sure, he can't have known the severity of it immediately, but to react like he did about a fellow professional in such pain is beyond appalling to me. I've no doubt there are plenty of Pilgrims ready to tell me to forget the past, etc, but his actions stuck in my throat that badly that day. Sorry, but I cannot go beyond that.

As you say TTT ,  despicable .