Author Topic: Rollins gone .  (Read 7459 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rollins gone .
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 11:48:40 PM »

Disappointed to see the negative comments regarding Jay's departure. Easily our most consistent player last season, and the POY award shows that many agreed, so thanks Jay, and good luck in the future.
Whereas I don't necessarily agree with all of the comments that have been made, Jay made 38 starts, and only Thomas 28, Hilliard 26 and Marshall 25 made more starts than Gregg Smith 23, who didn't play after Jan 1st. (Source of stats Ken Fox site).
My point being that Player of the Year had very few players who were present for the whole year, and in the absence of anyone else to vote for, then Jay got the vote. He clearly played the most and scored the most, but were his performances really consistent enough, or was he the only candidate?
I can understand why some don't rate him as highly and yet these people feel negative about his departure. #Confused.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 08:21:06 AM »

Disappointed to see the negative comments regarding Jay's departure. Easily our most consistent player last season, and the POY award shows that many agreed, so thanks Jay, and good luck in the future.
Whereas I don't necessarily agree with all of the comments that have been made, Jay made 38 starts, and only Thomas 28, Hilliard 26 and Marshall 25 made more starts than Gregg Smith 23, who didn't play after Jan 1st. (Source of stats Ken Fox site).
My point being that Player of the Year had very few players who were present for the whole year, and in the absence of anyone else to vote for, then Jay got the vote. He clearly played the most and scored the most, but were his performances really consistent enough, or was he the only candidate?
I can understand why some don't rate him as highly and yet these people feel negative about his departure. #Confused.

My question at the top of the thread was  "where would we have been without Jays goals ?"

When you take into account 2 of DG  strikers and 5 of AM strikers between them accumulated 7 goals tells us why Jay got the vote .

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »
I wonder how many votes he received that were cast in an attempt to try and get him to stay...