Author Topic: Top 7 The New Target .  (Read 22518 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Top 7 The New Target .
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »
Robinson - another average defender. Must be plenty out there AM could source without reverting to him. For me, he is a bit too hot headed - and doesn't always channel this in the right way. Felix was good when he was with us before and I would welcome him back. Having said that, surely we don't have to keep dipping back into our previous players. I would like to think AM and his team are well connected enough not to have to do this.

TEP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:22 PM »
Pleased to see some experience coming in. For a while, we've been naive in games, although often that exuberance you get with youth, someone eager to show what they can do, is better than a 30-something on a last payday. Delicate balance.
I'm sure the lad from Barnsley wants to show that he can play at a higher level, likewise the older lad from Mansfield will hopefully  nurture some of our younger players (Vinno, Liam Adams etc) about in the middle of the park (something useful given he is now also a youth coach!)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »
Colby Bishop signed for Leamington.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »
absolutely no loss there. I struggled to see anything positive in his game. Good luck to him, and to AP Leamington.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 10:09:53 PM »
absolutely no loss there. I struggled to see anything positive in his game. Good luck to him, and to AP Leamington.

No connection to Automotive Products since 1988

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 11:40:59 PM »

No connection to Automotive Products since 1988
I'm old school! I often refer to former teams names! e.g. Nuneaton Borough, not Town, etc, etc

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:30 AM »
There will be some good games to watch next season in league2 with Lincoln, Grimsby and Notts County all in that league together, will try and get to the County home games against them next season.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 06:11:15 PM »
This must be the first season for a while that our home shirt hasn't been changed in design/style. A good deal of fans buy the new style home shirt pre season & this must be worth a good few quid to the club each year.

It seems a strange one keeping the home shirt the same as last season; the club will loose money as fans already have the seat belt on shirt??

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 10:43:38 PM »
I thought the respective home and away shirts changed every two years. This year it's the turn of the away shirt ?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 06:28:11 AM »
The new away shirt is out now
White with grey sleeves

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »
Please do not forget we still have Harry Vince, newly capped England C International and the club's senior player, next season too!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 05:46:23 AM »
Play offs going down to 7th place has now been ratified.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »
We will finish were we finish, no body can truly predict anything, I don't think it's right to put a team down when we don't even know or have seen the players play yet, we don't even have a full squad, and the signings have not been completed yet.
Let's stop jumping to conclusions and just get behind the AM the players and club, for god sake we are building a new ground this season, that's got to be a positive thing at least.

How wrong was I when I wrote this, and what's happened to starting the build of the new stadium this year.
Or have I missed something.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 09:24:51 PM »
We will finish were we finish, no body can truly predict anything, I don't think it's right to put a team down when we don't even know or have seen the players play yet, we don't even have a full squad, and the signings have not been completed yet.
Let's stop jumping to conclusions and just get behind the AM the players and club, for god sake we are building a new ground this season, that's got to be a positive thing at least.

How wrong was I when I wrote this, and what's happened to starting the build of the new stadium this year.
Or have I missed something.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it? You usually look at things with great positivity and optimism. Even your enthusiasm has waned recently, and a grey cloud hovers over your normally buoyant belief in all things Pilgrim. What a shame we find ourselves in the current predicament, where we seem to be teetering on the dark void that is the Unibond vortex, and a "tasty" Yuletide double header with The Gingerbreads. My big concern is the lack of the new stadium. Nothing built, so no future home. No doubt a huge saving for the Chestnuts if it's not built. Okay, so they say it will be, but will a reduction in available funds mean a reduction in size?, What level football would be played in it? The way things are going, who knows?

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2017, 09:49:10 PM »
TTT its Gainsboro not gingerbreads in yuletide double header .   Impressive win again tonight for blues .

Has Lincolnshires  best non-league side done the double on us ?  :'(