Author Topic: Top 7 The New Target .  (Read 22599 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Top 7 The New Target .
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
are you Adam Murrays dad ? ;)
three signings from a poor gainsborough is not enough to make me part with season ticket money.

Willis and Beatson makes two. Who is the third?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »
Fairplay P86 .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 09:39:42 PM »
Yes ..I wouldn't buy a season ticket on these signings .
   Nice to see Howmany getting more realistic about  prospects .
I like to think I've always been realistic  Ted ;)
what is surprising me is the role reversal in many posters..
a lot of Happy Clappers are now moaners and moaners have become Happy Clappers (sort of)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »
three signings from a poor gainsborough is not enough to make me part with season ticket money.

Willis and Beatson makes two. Who is the third?
Chapman

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »
Bit like politics Howmany ..

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »
Yes ..I wouldn't buy a season ticket on these signings .
   Nice to see Howmany getting more realistic about  prospects .
I like to think I've always been realistic  Ted ;)
what is surprising me is the role reversal in many posters..
a lot of Happy Clappers are now moaners and moaners have become Happy Clappers (sort of)
the thing is, many  posters wanted to "Gr-exit", but after the initial "good idea" wore off, are some of these posters now disillusioned with the reality that decision left us with? Is the reality seemingly different to the Greener grass that was promised? Sort of a parallel situation isn't it? (For the record, I was a leave, not a remain)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:00:20 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »
 Regardless of League posn , lets see how far AM  gets in the FA cup ..
  I mean if Graham Drury can reach FAC 1 proper !

youngchubby69

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 06:00:01 AM »
hopefully he has something lined up....
tbh signing a keeper is a good move....the last few dabbles and dibbles at the start season haven't been good
No I am not Adam Murray's dad, god knows what that comment means anyway, I support the club, so you will not be parting with your money, your choice.
But I am not going to join the negative gang, we have signed two players from Gainsborough trinity not the whole team, and the ones we have signed have real potential.
You ,me and the rest of the fans don't know who is going to be signed.
But we were poor last season and Jay Rollins is going to be signed by a full-time club,so by your reckoning he must be rubbish too. Hmmmm!!!

youngchubby69

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
Are the fickle football fan ,were would the game be without us.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »
I'm with P86 on this one, I buy a season ticket every year because I am a BUFC supporter. You will never get 100% agreement on a manager or players all you can do as a supporter is support. Some people are very critical of AM in a very subtle way I am sure they wish DG was still here but, he is not.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
Are the fickle football fan ,were would the game be without us.

I'm not a fickle fan chubby , I've  supported the Pilgrims 70+years .    I shall be renewing my season ticket this week but fully understand why many like Howmanynames are thinking differently .      Why commit if you think the product may not be up to the standard of the past few seasons .    At present  looking at the poor signings he has made in his time here I see little prospect of AM  improving his win ratio so far achieved in his managerial career .       I can't see the usual uptake in season tickets until a few quality signings are made .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
hopefully he has something lined up....
tbh signing a keeper is a good move....the last few dabbles and dibbles at the start season haven't been good
No I am not Adam Murray's dad, god knows what that comment means anyway, I support the club, so you will not be parting with your money, your choice.
But I am not going to join the negative gang, we have signed two players from Gainsborough trinity not the whole team, and the ones we have signed have real potential.
You ,me and the rest of the fans don't know who is going to be signed.
But we were poor last season and Jay Rollins is going to be signed by a full-time club,so by your reckoning he must be rubbish too. Hmmmm!!!
just leg pulling Chubby.
as for the Rollins comment..not sure where that came from?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
Just getting back on topic (every thread seems to end up with the same debate at the moment  :) ) am I right in thinking this play off change hasn't been agreed yet ? My understanding was that every club could vote at the end of season meeting in a few weeks time ?

TEP

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »
I'm with P86 on this one, I buy a season ticket every year because I am a BUFC supporter. You will never get 1 JB00% agreement on a manager or players all you can do as a supporter is support. Some people are very critical of AM in a very subtle way I am sure they wish DG was still here but, he is not.

Agreed Tash, I support the club first, of course we all want success on the field & getting behind the players & manager when we're rebuilding is only going to help. I renewed my season ticket like others last week. The money in the kitty from season ticket sales may help with the budget for new players?

Yes there is plenty of subtle criticism of AM. Remember there was a "MURRAY OUT" thread running on here after about his first 7 games?? Many are still angry at the nature of DG"s departure & won't move on & fully support the new Manager.

As regards new signings: as others have said how can we compete with these full-time, moneybags outfits? I would point to Macclesfield in the league above to show we can very much do well. They had the Lowest budget in the conference last season. They flirted with the play off places all season, falling away in the last 6 games & ending 9th on 68pts. They got to the Trophy final & the 2nd round of fa cup.

Chorley are the example in our league, they were so close to promotion on an average budget.

Yes we are all waiting for marquee signings. But sometimes it's the ones who come in under the radar that are successful. Dayle Southwell unwanted at Grimsby, Ricky, Zak & Pidge likewise at previous clubs.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »
Just getting back on topic (every thread seems to end up with the same debate at the moment  :) ) am I right in thinking this play off change hasn't been agreed yet ? My understanding was that every club could vote at the end of season meeting in a few weeks time ?

TEP

Correct. Apparently it's been agreed in principle, and just needs to pass the vote as a formality.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/