Author Topic: Play Offs  (Read 7993 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Play Offs
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:56:06 AM »
So, we'll be seeing cocky Salford again next season - and Kidderminster too :)

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Play Offs
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
So, we'll be seeing cocky Salford again next season - and Kidderminster too :)

TEP

Looks like 5 full-time teams in the league next season .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:54:34 AM »
The division doesn't get any easier, does it? It's a ridiculously strong league, particularly compared to the south.

Realistically, given the amount of surgery required on the squad over the next few weeks, I'd take top ten next season. Play-offs would be a bonus. Title challenge - highly unlikely.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
The division doesn't get any easier, does it? It's a ridiculously strong league, particularly compared to the south.

Realistically, given the amount of surgery required on the squad over the next few weeks, I'd take top ten next season. Play-offs would be a bonus. Title challenge - highly unlikely.

Nothing short of champions will do.   ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »
there is no chance of a top 5 finish while the manager continues to build his team round the best midfielder in the league

we need energy and athletiscism in the middle of the park

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
there is no chance of a top 5 finish while the manager continues to build his team round the best midfielder in the league

Give him a blooming chance - not unless you have inside knowledge of who else is about to sign?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »

Give him a blooming chance - not unless you have inside knowledge of who else is about to si

One player does not make a team, and don't having a go at AC,lets face it was playing in a very poor team last season,he hasn't even accepted his new offer yet.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
 Where are the signings ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:34:57 PM »
Where are the signings ..
[/quote

Just three at the moment Ted ,  Harry Vince ,  Broardhead midfielders and Gregg Smith .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
 A promise was made at the Forum

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »
If he is planning on bringing in players at the end of their contracts then they won't expire until the end of June unless released beforehand

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 08:11:46 PM »
If he is planning on bringing in players at the end of their contracts then they won't expire until the end of June unless released beforehand

Most non-league contracts will end at the end of May. Even if released, they still get paid until the end of their contract.

We cannot register players for the new season until August 1st, anyway...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
It could be like a repeat of our 2013/4 season (just missing playoffs after a poor previous year), which I really enjoyed in a way. I just think we'll be far more defensive though but the top 5 may be a hurdle too much.

Then again, Chorley can't be offering much more that us. They'll have a better pool of players up in Lancs but hows what a stable squad can do. Sadly our squad will not be stable!

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »
Salford may have all this money and some publicity seeking has-beens that own them.
But my tip for there development for next season,is to focus on bringing in an penalty taking coach.
They must have a Rugby kicking coach at the moment, as most of there penalties in the shoot out went over the bar. 😊
Oh by the way I am still blocked from leaving comments on there FB page.
It must have been so humiliating to be beaten and not get promotion,now they will be forced to play another season against us lesser minions in Conference North.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 07:24:56 AM »
all players in conf north, apart from those still involved in play offs will more than likely stop after the last saturday of the season

i understand george willis, the keeper who kept goal against us for trinity over xmas twice, is talking to boston. he did ok against us and has decent pedigree via sheff u and england u18 but made an error for our first goal up there on NYD. not convinced he's any better then what we've let go. subsequently lost his place to tom nicholson as they escaped relegation

their gaffer dave frecklington was rewarded with a new 2 year deal after winning just once in 12 games. i can see them struggling again

money wise, i think we pay about average, but there is much more money on offer with some of the more aggressive evostik clubs- just shows you the issues we're up against in recruitment terms. don't underestimate how hard it is to get players to come out here because of geography too

it will be interesting to see who we get. i'm betting on a serious 'old pals act'