Author Topic: Wrexham - Boston, 2007  (Read 2531 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Wrexham - Boston, 2007
« on: May 05, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »
Today marks ten years since we dropped out of the Football League at Wrexham, so I wrote this for the Boston Standard about it...

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/wrexham-10-years-on-a-decade-after-dropping-out-of-the-football-league-boston-united-fans-paul-ellender-and-chris-cook-reflect-on-that-tearful-farewell-1-7946050

Anyone else go along to the match? It really is amazing how fans talk of the day so fondly, but like many I remember enjoying the trip despite what happened on the pitch. I remember being convinced at the time that I was witnessing the club's last ever game, such was the mess behind the scenes.

Sadly, I was driving so I couldn't take any of the Wrexham fans up on their offer of a pint, but I'll never forget their warmth.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham - Boston, 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 12:01:26 AM »
I remember playing football before the game  :)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
So do I TEP. Did we lose two penalty shoot outs or just the one? I can't remember...

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »
I went on one of the coaches,  such an emotional day out, highs and lows but in hindsight, had we stayed up i don't think we would have a club right now. Was gutted for all our players that turned out in such a threadbare squad, and yet did the best that they could.