Author Topic: Sin Bins  (Read 2503 times)

youngchubby69

Sin Bins
« on: May 03, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »
Interesting,I wonder if it will take off.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39790484

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sin Bins
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
Time will tell. As with most rules, I can't help feeling it's another chance for refs to make more decisions depending on their individual interpretation of circumstances, and will no doubt dictate different outcomes, and we will all be moaning about lack of consistency again by the middle of August! Personally I think it gives the ref a cop out when red cards should be issued, as it creates a grey area. It's only 12 months ago when they made a rule saying the refs couldn't be surrounded, or its an automatic yellow card. So does this still apply in addition? I know I get onto the seemingly poor quality refs we sometimes get, but they have a bloody awful task, and I do feel a little sympathy.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »
Like any new rule it will be quickly forgotten, remember last August when a penalty was given if a defender pushed or pulled an attacker at a corner? City and Stoke were first ones to get penalties but how many were given after that for same offence? Refs just stopped the corner and spoke to those involved and it carried on. This rule will be forgotten come September along with the likes of the 6 second ruling.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »
Like any new rule it will be quickly forgotten, remember last August when a penalty was given if a defender pushed or pulled an attacker at a corner? City and Stoke were first ones to get penalties but how many were given after that for same offence? Refs just stopped the corner and spoke to those involved and it carried on. This rule will be forgotten come September along with the likes of the 6 second ruling.

Only the other week did we get a penalty from it...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/