Author Topic: Adam Chapman  (Read 5267 times)

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Adam Chapman
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:53:53 AM »
Would you keep him?

Based on what I've seen I wouldn't. Doesn't look fit and hasn't done much

I think the fact he is an automatic pick means we have to play 3 central midfielders as he's not mobile enough for 4 4 2

On another note I thought yesterday's formation was a car crash. It's all well and good the manager banging on about the players not being good enough but the formation was his creation. No wonder we look like a poor side. We just got nicely settled defensively then he changes it all. Sure errors from Batch to lose his man got goal one, then sloppiness from Nat and Hilly for 2 and 3 didn't help, but the way we lined up was alien to the players. Too much tinkering for me

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Chapman
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
I would keep him. I wasn't a fan initially, but given more matches, I genuinely think he has plenty to offer us. You mention needing an extra man along side him, but AM seems to like a back four with two "enforcers" in front of them. This leaves Chapman more room and time on the ball. Accepting this, it does mean only three attacking players, hence, in my opinion, the lack of goals, but when AM came everyone one new of his style at Mansfield, and said he would block up the backline and reduce the goals against. For the most part this has happened, not yesterday of course. So, Chapman fits AM's preferred playing style, so that's why he's central to the master plan, and therefore needs to stay. We have no-one else good enough to fill what AM sees as the pivotal role.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
Billed as 'the best midfielder in the league', he has to be among Murrays worst signings this season and has certainly failed to live up to that headline. Do we take a risk keeping him on, or gamble on finding someone better before the season starts.
I still fear that we might become a bit predictable under the new manager, opting for the hoof ball type of football which is not always pleasing on the eye. I hope with better recruitment's this summer that the playing style will reflect on the skillful players that are hopefully brought in. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »
I agree TTY, he has the chance to get a full summer to get fit and a preseason to sharpen up in.
He is an organiser and fully understands Adams tactics and how to apply them.
If he is let go,it would be a shock,the younger players like Vino need an experienced head with them.
I too didn't think much to him when he arrived,but have grown to like his style.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
Tom and Jerry, after the Gloucester game you said we should try and keep Chapman. Has your view changed since ?

I think we should invite him to pre-season and take it from there.

TEP

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
With reference to the point about formation, if you listen to Murray's post match interview with Craig he says he gave them the chance to play 'with more freedom,pass the ball and express themselves,instead of his usual more direct method' and that was the result😳😐

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »
TEP

No doubt he is decent but I reckon he'll be on top top money and for that money we maybe could do better?

My biggest concern is we have to go  451/ 433 if he plays and that limits us

I have no doubts AM will offer him a deal though as he is a favourite and all managers have favourites despite saying they don't

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 01:30:47 PM »
Chapman was getting dog's abuse at Curzon. Gave some of it back to one older fan who was really laying into him the whole game. I haven't seen much of him, but I wasn't massively impressed - then again, everyone at Curzon was crap. And it's worth pointing out that when one supporter shouted at one of our players to ignore what Chapman was telling him to do, the player glanced over in a manner that suggested he intended to do just that. And when your captain has lost his players, you know it's curtains.

What a terrible mess that team was/is. Murray has a lot of work to do to even get us close to the best of the Dennis Greene sides. I'm expecting a busy few weeks ahead.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »
I don't think Adam has ever referred to Mr Chapman as "Friend,Buddy,my favourite at anytime.
Adam is no fool,and I would think if he thinks AC has not got it anymore,then out he will go.
Footballers are used to being surplus to requirements,that's the nature of the beast.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
New terms offered to Chapman, so Murray is looking to keep him....

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
TEP

No doubt he is decent but I reckon he'll be on top top money and for that money we maybe could do better?

My biggest concern is we have to go  451/ 433 if he plays and that limits us

I have no doubts AM will offer him a deal though as he is a favourite and all managers have favourites despite saying they don't

Hes as good as any body else we may get IMO....sometimes you cant put a value on "experience". OK he might not last 90 minutes but its a squad game .
AM knows what hes doing and wouldn't waste precious money on somebody whos not up to it. Remember- he released Chapman when they were both at Mansfield Town.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:29:21 PM by Johnny Pilgrim »