Author Topic: Martyn Bunce  (Read 4890 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Martyn Bunce
« on: June 10, 2017, 11:10:29 AM »
Appointed first team coach by Wisbech Town ,  should be a big asset to Wisbech .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:13:08 AM by green hats mate »

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Martyn Bunce
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
Appointed first team coach by Wisbech Town ,  should be a big asset to Wisbech .
Agreed GHM. Good luck to him. At the end of a week that included disbanding part of the youth team set-up, I don't really see the direction the club is taking here. Maybe purely to do with the balance sheet, but if you don't sow a seed, the flowers never bloom. We're in danger of a very barren garden, and then the questions will be asked as to where the next set of up and comers are. Catch 22.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »
I would think the manager has someone else in mind to be his assistant.
Watch this space, as the saying goes.  ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »
I'm not really liking all these changes that are going on, perhaps a bit of clarification from the club would be welcome.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »
I'm hating these changes too. Bunny is a HUGE loss to this club/business. If the successful Youth set-up is to be partially disbanded - whatever that means - then the footballing side of the business will mainly be to facilitate multiple on-loan or short term contract players throughout the season which may, or may not, be enough for a promotion at the end. Reap what you sow - if you reap that is, of course!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »
Bunny is a HUGE loss to this club/business.

He's not left BUFC.

If the successful Youth set-up is to be partially disbanded - whatever that means - then the footballing side of the business will mainly be to facilitate multiple on-loan or short term contract players throughout the season which may, or may not, be enough for a promotion at the end.

The flagship team of the youth system, the Under 18s/19s, are not being disbanded (nor the Under 21s) - it is only the younger age groups.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/boston-united-axe-five-centre-of-excellence-youth-teams-to-focus-on-first-team-progression-1-7998571
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:01:27 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »
I would think the manager has someone else in mind to be his assistant.
Watch this space, as the saying goes.  ;)

Karl Hawley has been given the role.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:20:51 PM »

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »
Thank you once again Mr Walden for confirming things!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:36:51 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 12:47:36 AM »
I don't get all of the negative comments on here, the centre of excellence cuts and Bunny s new role,it's all been explained by the club and Bunny, so what's the issue?
Bunny will be able to concentrate on bringing more players through,like he has done already.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 07:35:53 AM »
I don't understand how anyone can have a role with two different clubs without the potential for a conflict of interest. If we drew Wisbech in the FA Cup, for example, Bunny would presumably be spending the week getting youth and U21 players prepared for a call up (especially with seven subs to pick in the cup). He'd then link up with Wisbech on the Saturday to plot the same players downfall. How can that work?

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
BUFC obviously must have an agreement in place with Wisbeach,
I think this is good for both clubs, our youth team players and under21s will most likely be able to go out on loan to Wisbeach, gaining invaluable experience at playing at a higher level in a senior team.
Wisbeach get a bigger pool of players to pick from.
I would think Bunny would not be able to be on bench if we played against Wisbeach in the FA Cup/Trophy.

Regarding the cuts in the centre of excellence, those teams could be reinstated at anytime, so that's not a concern really, the main concern is that the first team has the financial resources to compete for promotion in the league, if the they are not successful on the pitch, we won't attract any decent youngsters anyway.