Author Topic: Prediction League extra - Warman v Nuttall  (Read 10095 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Prediction League extra - Warman v Nuttall
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:54:57 PM »
Home win  8)

Big turnout  :police:

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction League extra - Warman v Nuttall
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
lol...
bit embarrassing that nuttall is coming here thinking it's a safe bet.
I hope the good people of Skegness and Boston will get it right

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »
The guy is an self serving embarrassment to politics and the ultimate career politician. I hope the good people of Boston send him packing and he falls into political oblivion.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »
The embarrassment is with Labour, 100-1 to win the seat.  Conservatives will see it as a hold, trading at 1-10 with UKIP at 16-1.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »
Micky Nuttell  - legend! Would get my vote any day!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:17:03 AM »
I'll decide when I see the full running list, but I can't believe Warman is standing again.
Was his finger not on the pulse of Boston and Skegness in the referendum. He voted stay, and Boston and Skegness voted leave. Now he thinks the same people will forget how he voted and vote him in again, he could be in for a shock.   ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »
I think Matt's achieved a bit of wriggle room since his original position, judging by stuff I've read since the in/in referendum.

The other guy didn't seem to know whether he was at Hillsborough or not, so I'm favouring a big home win  :police:

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 10:28:32 PM »
The guy is an self serving embarrassment to politics and the ultimate career politician. I hope the good people of Boston send him packing and he falls into political oblivion.
After the UKIP wipe out this week your hopes may come true  :police:

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »
That Tim Farron seems a decent bloke ,  stopping the rich pensioners getting the heating allowance and letting those of us on less than £45k a year pensioners continue to receive it . :)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »
Just remember, none of them care about me or you. They only look after themselves and the people they lobby for. The only reason we have elections is to give us the impression that we make decisions, we don't. All we do is re-elect the same shit that was either in, or out before the election.
Have you not noticed that not one of them is homeless, struggling to keep a roof over their heads, using food banks?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 08:14:16 PM »
I genuinely don't think Nuttall would make a good MP for Boston. He's clearly got his own agenda and sees being elected in Boston as an opportunity to further that, as opposed to having any real interest in the town.  It only takes a cursory google search to discover that the man is a scheister who will say almost anything to further his goals.  However, If anyone should be able to recognise these traits I would think it would be the people on this forum.

All that being said, the same is true of many politicians.  I tend to sympathise with Lonegunmans sentiments, although I'm not so cynical to extend that to all individuals who enter politics. Personally I think the only option open is to ignore the press and pundits and apply critical thinking to all the candidates, partys and policies.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 08:24:51 AM »
Matty Warman stands a good chance of taking a major political scalp, albeit a bald one  8)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
I genuinely don't think Nuttall would make a good MP for Boston. He's clearly got his own agenda and sees being elected in Boston as an opportunity to further that, as opposed to having any real interest in the town.  It only takes a cursory google search to discover that the man is a scheister who will say almost anything to further his goals.  However, If anyone should be able to recognise these traits I would think it would be the people on this forum.

All that being said, the same is true of many politicians.  I tend to sympathise with Lonegunmans sentiments, although I'm not so cynical to extend that to all individuals who enter politics. Personally I think the only option open is to ignore the press and pundits and apply critical thinking to all the candidates, partys and policies.

I share Lonegunmans sentiments , judging by the number of spoilt votes (12%) I suspect the French were trying to tell their politicians the same last weekend .    Embarrassing seeing Sophie Ridge on Sky News testing Nuttals knowledge (lack of it ) of  Boston recently .

In fairness is Matts Lincolnshire roots as strong as he suggests ? I suggest not .     Real test is to ask these alleged locals,  how many years have you paid council tax in Lincolnshire ?    Having said that Matt is always keen to make a real effort to help but like our previous MP ,    at a push the party line comes first .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »
I've still not seen the running order yet, but neither the Tory's, UKIP, or Labour will ever get my vote.
Tory's only interested in the wealthy, UKIP, horrid racist party, no matter how hard they try to deny it, and the Labour party will never do any good whilst they have a bloke in charge who still thinks it 1970.
Where's screaming Lord Such when you need him!!  :D :D :D
Oscar Wilde

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »
Quote from: lonegunman link=topic=6718
Where's screaming Lord Such when you need him!!  :D :D :D
[/quote

Passed to greater Politics in the sky.    RIP Lord Sutch.