Author Topic: thank goodness that's over  (Read 12108 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
thank goodness that's over
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
well done Liam Adams on bringing something different to a one dimensional performance.
Great effort from Jay Rollins.
Hawley on for Hilliard??
Chapman best midfielder in the league??
Broadbent already signed??

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: thank goodness that's over
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
Be interested to see who will be on that retained list.
I wonder how many Lincoln players will be looking for new clubs next season.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »
I actually didnt think fc fylde were that much better than us, we allowed them too much space and they were clinical, but not as good as i thought they might be.

Good clear out required of dead wood, especially our on loan striker from lincoln who seems to think he knows better than Adam Murray

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »
Well after that performance,Adams retained list has just got shorter, the difference between them and us is Rowe, as simple as that.
They have the ex - factor striker and we don't.
Anyway well done to Fylde,they have been knocking on the door for a few seasons.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »
IMO FCF werent that much better from ourselves...I,for one,expected them to be much better...Rowe was the difference between the two teams today...FCFs second and third goals were both classy,clinical finishes...To be frank,I just couldnt see us scoring today....

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
Rowe is playing 3, if not 4 leagues below his level, you expect him to be good. How many goals has he knocked in, 40+, any team would be top if you had a player who scores that many a season.

We're poor up front, I expect to see a lot of movement in players in the close season.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
most posters have a common  theme ie we just lack punch

i didn't think fylde were as good as kiddy but they have the resources to pay people a grand a week which we don't have

we weren't too bad. pen was nailed on. tommo just dived in. waiting to see highlights because the second goal looked 3 or 4 yards off side to me. will stand corrected if wrong of course

third goal was a really good finish too but they've really only had about 5 chances and taken 3 of them. that's the difference. jay had a decent chance from the header but missed a sitter

my long term concern is over our lack of ambition. if chapman is to play we need to play 4 5 1 as he hasn't got the legs for 4 4 2 so we're going to be a 4 5 1 side unless he gets the right people for a 4 3 3

we've got a decent base for a squad. with 3 or 4 more we'll finish top 10 but i think we're miles away from top 5 unless a massive overhaul comes

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 07:43:31 PM »
I wasn't just on about the game I meant the season...

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »
Big big clear out. So many average and below average players that we don't need to hang on to.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 08:11:31 PM »
Just changing the subject for a moment. May I sincerely thank all those who have responded to my coins in a jam jar fund raiser over just three home games. Quite a few jars filled and handed in plus donations which are very welcome and very generous, I will update you on here when I bank this week, but for such a simple idea I think you will be impressed. Please carry on filling your jars over the close season as I intend to keep this moving as long as it takes. Just a little amusing ditty, A chap came to me and said "I'm sorry but I don't have any jam jars". "I replied that's okay sir". He said "How do you get rid of them?"  You guessed it he honestly thought I was collecting empty jam jars, It could only happen in Boston.     

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
Am pleased this season is over, we couldn't score in a brothel for most of it !  Ok, so we do score the odd goal, but we seem to be a bit one dimensional this season.  Sure we have tightened things up at the back, well, until letting three in today that is. But we need an awful lot more to be competitive next season, otherwise we'll be looking at mid table again.  I cannot deny that the new manager has had to work with who he could get in halfway through a season, but some of his signings so far have seemed not up to the required standard to be competing for the play offs next season. As always though, i am willing to give the manager all the time throughout the summer to get the right players in, and i trust he will. We all have to move on from the early times of this season now, forget the past, regroup, have a good summer, and hopefully get a good pre-season run and hit the ground running come the start of what could be an exciting season. Lets hope we can even win a few cup games, wouldn't that be nice !
UNITED NOT DIVIDED  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »
What are you talking about? The season is not over for us devoted fans who will be at next weeks game at Curzon Ashton, room on the bus if you want to come.   UTP.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:38 PM »
you are a credit Mel and I admire your devotion....for me a bit of the magic has gone. The knobhead army...the bad and devisive feeling and the dull fare on offer (a problem with the pitch I believe was said at the forum)....

maybe a few weeks away from it and the promise of some exciting talent may get me to renew my ticket.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »
A shocking season with 2 managers that are worlds apart in setting a team out but weirdly somehow a combination of the 2 styles could be the happy medium!!!
Worryingly tho many players that were obviously not up to the standard in pre season and then more substandard signings by the new gaffer.
So with Mr Murray constantly suggesting promotion is his aim for next season he must have one hell of a lot of contacts or maybe a big wallet to tempt them along.
The current crop will only bring another season of mid table struggle.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 06:12:04 AM »
I missed who got MOM yesterday, i'd have voted for Nat Brown, I thought he had a tremendous game yesterday. 
Oscar Wilde