Author Topic: thank goodness that's over  (Read 12208 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: thank goodness that's over
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »
I missed who got MOM yesterday, i'd have voted for Nat Brown, I thought he had a tremendous game yesterday.
is was Nat Brown.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »
Pleased for him.
He's had a stop start season, but when he's in the side we look a lot better.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
I was worried when Brown was in the team as they'd run rings around him but fair play to him and the defence, I thought generally we limited them.

Unfortunately they scored every time they had a decent sight of goal! And when we made a good chance of our own we didn't take it, albeit at 0-3 it wouldn't have made much difference.

Excellent home atmosphere during and after the game. That's what it should be like every game, not making YS an easy place to go for visitors, as AM referred to, we want them beaten by the time they get off the bus

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
A shocking season with 2 managers that are worlds apart in setting a team out but weirdly somehow a combination of the 2 styles could be the happy medium!!!

The attacking play of DG, and the solid defence of AM and we'd win the league by February
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 03:07:51 PM »
are you suggesting a dream ticket  P86??  :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
After reading the comments on here, I don't understand what all the negativity is about, we didn't get relegated, we have stopped conceding bucket loads of goals and of late had some decent performances against the top five.
I just wish people would stop slating Chapman, what has he done wrong, he can cross the ball well, score penalties,pick a pass and has a long throw,not to mention that he actually talks and organises the players and talks to the ref, he is no Pogba but he his a good influence on this team.
Adam will bring in much better players next season, the budget is his to spend next seasonr, after all I wouldn't think there wasn't much left to spend after DG had spent his bit.
So come on chin up everyone and lets really get behind him and the players old and new.
And a big thankyou to OXO for his efforts in raising money,good on you 😊.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 07:09:12 PM »
waiting to see highlights because the second goal looked 3 or 4 yards off side to me. will stand corrected if wrong of course

Good luck with that! Need a few more cameras.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
After reading the comments on here, I don't understand what all the negativity is about, we didn't get relegated, we have stopped conceding bucket loads of goals and of late had some decent performances against the top five.
I just wish people would stop slating Chapman, what has he done wrong, he can cross the ball well, score penalties,pick a pass and has a long throw,not to mention that he actually talks and organises the players and talks to the ref, he is no Pogba but he his a good influence on this team.
Adam will bring in much better players next season, the budget is his to spend next seasonr, after all I wouldn't think there wasn't much left to spend after DG had spent his bit.
So come on chin up everyone and lets really get behind him and the players old and new.

You are either AM or AC's  dad ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 07:57:44 PM »

You are either AM or AC's  dad ;)

Adam Chapmans dad more likely !!!!      How many goals have come from his throw-ins and corners ?     Love to know his % rate on misplaced passes .

Give us a skipper who leads by example ,    Gregg Smith is the man .

youngchubby69

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
His throwing's are more productive than you throwing your insults at me GHM.
You slag of everything I say on here, what's your problem with me?
Another one who hide's behind a keyboard.

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »
GHM is Gregg supposed to captain a team when he is injured,please explain how that works, have you gave your thoughts on team selection to Adam personally, I am sure he would love to hear them.
Who really cares about pointless % they mean nothing, we had one the worst defensive % under DG but still made the play offs, so they mean nothing.
No doubt I will get a clever sarcastic,insulting reply from the superior GHM

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »
His throwing's are more productive than you throwing your insults at me GHM.
You slag of everything I say on here, what's your problem with me?
Another one who hide's behind a keyboard.

I am doing what most on here do Chubby ,  expressing an opinion .   In fact I think it is safe to say I do not comment on players performances as often as you , therefore I will use the forum to make comments as you do .   I think you take some comments out of context ,  nothing in my comments aimed at you ,  they were my views on the player .
My opinion  is Chapman will not be the best mid-fielder in the CN as AM predicts  ,  his throws and corners are non- productive , plus he puts too many passes astray . A high percentage of successful passes is a key asset of a mid-fielder .

I did manage to figure out Gregg can.t skipper the side when injured  ::)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »
one thing I do like about Chapman is that he has a lot to say to other players...we have been lacking a leader since GS got injures. however  his talent with his feet has left me a bit cold.....

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
GHM is Gregg supposed to captain a team when he is injured,please explain how that works

Gregg is club captain, and represents the club at a few off-pitch functions, including the younger kids teams. He is a fantastic role model, and Chapman is captain only because Gregg is injured.

IMO a fit Grant Roberts is better than Chapman - does everything Chapman does, including long throws and set pieces, but can also whack one in from 30 yards.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »
Point taken GHM, maybe I am just a sensitive type of chap.
So apologies if I sound off on one, this has certainly been a season like no other, perhaps it will be a catalyst for a better season, and perhaps we both have something in common in "seeing is believing".
I do look at next season with much optimism and a sort of excitement. I think!!