Author Topic: Vs Gloucester  (Read 5111 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Vs Gloucester
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
Relatively entertaining first half, end-of-season type second half. At least we battled for a point. Looking forward to next Saturday and seeing the would be champions.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Gloucester
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:50:31 PM »
some really wild shooting today !
quite a lot of ahem shall we say "big clearances"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
Can't see many of this team being with us next season. I would only keep the left back. My MOM today.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:29:54 PM »
Judging by todays performance we will be competing with NFU in the hoof ball stakes next season .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
Well I thought that we actually played fairly well today...in parts. Gloucester aren't a bad outfit and they were "well up for it " knowing that Darlo may not be able to take their place in the play-offs....With Nat Brown once again absent we looked defensively short at the back and I'm sure that AM will have noticed that...Jay Rollins had a great game and surely will be crowned Player Of The Season bearing in mind that he has played all season with us....Onwards and upwards!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
totally disagree re retained players. no way we'll only keep one from today's starting line up, think you underestimate how hard it is to get decent players to come out here

we're not a million miles away from being a competitive NLN side. we have competed today with a top 9 side and this should be our benchmark for the next campaign

smith broadhead and vince are already contracted for 2017/18

aside from robinson mani gatter and simmons (whose futures are other people's calls) i think, from today's starting XI, we will try to retain also durrant thomas batchelor yeomans chapman briscoe and rollins

not sure about the long term injured like burgess roberts pepe etc

i can see st juste marshall fairhurst clarke gordon brown hilliard and maguire being let go. this will free up a lot of budget

the retained list, of course depends on us offering the right deals to the players we want to keep. AM says in todays programme we will make offers to players we want to keep to try to keep them. decent players are also pro active and will already have their feelers out. most have agents too. many of our current players live in leicester sheffield derby leeds nottingham bradford etc so if they get similar offers nearer to home they will take them for sure. let's not kid ourselves we can be too picky. we need a squad of 20 so to say we're keeping one from today is massively unrealistic

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
pleased for robbo to get the equaliser. he didn't have his best day- losing his marker for goal one and getting out muscled for number two

but he never gives in and is passionate. hope we see him in amber and black next season

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:40:25 PM »
Good to debate T&J.

I've heard AM wants promotion next season and my view is that this won't happen with these guys on board. Midfield seriously lacking the ability to dominate. Defence still fragile - Batchelor really struggles for pace. I know we've had clean sheets recently but I'm not convinced with who we have currently. Be interesting come the first game next season to see who is right.

I thought Gloucester were well worth their point today and would have had all three if they had been more positive. We could certainly do with their forward players.

TEP

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »
we definitely need a midfielder who can pick a pass- like the long haired lad who played for kiddy. he was excellent

gregg's return to fitness will be a real boost. i'd just love us to play 2 up top - we carried so much more threat late on today when karl came on. why not try mani and jay. i reckon  that would be great

a proper winger would be good too. one who can dribble in confined areas. simmo hasn't done it for me

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 09:54:22 PM »
Good to debate T&J.

I've heard AM wants promotion next season and my view is that this won't happen with these guys on board. Midfield seriously lacking the ability to dominate. Defence still fragile - Batchelor really struggles for pace. I know we've had clean sheets recently but I'm not convinced with who we have currently. Be interesting come the first game next season to see who is right.

I thought Gloucester were well worth their point today and would have had all three if they had been more positive. We could certainly do with their forward players.

TEP
I think we lacked protection in front of Batch and Robbo today. However, last time out, I thought that Chapman and Broadhead did it well. Today was a game we had to chase, and we seemed to abandon shape at times, leaving us open to the counter, which, as you say, had Gloucester exploited more, then we may have lost rather than getting a point. Last time out, we were boss of the game, kept our shape better, and as a result didn't look anywhere near as vulnerable.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
we definitely need a midfielder who can pick a pass- like the long haired lad who played for kiddy. he was excellent

gregg's return to fitness will be a real boost. i'd just love us to play 2 up top - we carried so much more threat late on today when karl came on. why not try mani and jay. i reckon  that would be great

a proper winger would be good too. one who can dribble in confined areas. simmo hasn't done it for me
agree with your Simmons comment, his best game at York st for me was when he played down here for Fc Halifax earlier this season. It's a shame, but he just doesn't seem to fit, as there's potential there, but you can't live on potential. Sooner or later you've got to do the biz.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »
Sadly did not go on Saturday, but our unbeaten run at home continues.
Fylde look nervous,so an opportunity for revenge and spoil there party and make them earn the title.
They can celebrate in the changing rooms,as we have the player awards to get presented.
I don't really care who stays or goes next season, its all about who comes in and how the whole team performs next season.
But many people will not like some of Adams decision's or choices, but you have to agree that everyone of those 50 players except Vince and Rollins have had some poor performance's.
Biggest waste of money this season has to St Juste, what a poor player he is, has to beat the same player 5 times before delivering a end product,if he actually does.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
Sadly did not go on Saturday

Nobody did.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »
Good to debate T&J.

TEP

In what world does Batchelor struggle for pace. He's big so looks hard work but he does shift

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
batch takes a few strides to get going but that's because he is eight feet tall

once he gets going he's not slow i don't think. puts a great shift in and is a real leader on the pitch. of the lads AM has brought in i think he has recruited very well. ross is steady and only young for a keeper (21) at this level. he will get better, chappy and briscoe bring great experience and yeomans has been an inspired recruitment decision. he will also improve with games. broadhead gets though an immense amount of dirty work and can play centre half as well which has benefits long term

mani is settling in well too. colby has struggled a bit but it's not easy up there as a lone striker. bringing vinno in has been a good call too

in summary there is loads to be positive about i think. we can beat fylde on saturday believe me. fingers crossed