Author Topic: Player of the Year  (Read 4598 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Player of the Year
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »
It's a really tough choice this year. Usually there is one stand out player who gets the majority of votes and the winner is no surprise. But this season it's not so obvious - at least to me! If Gregg Smith hadn't picked up his injury and missed the second half of the season then he probably would be favourite, ditto Liam Agnew. So many injuries this season and the change of management mean there aren't many players who have had a long run in the side.

Jay Rollins will probably get my vote as every game I've seen this season he has put in a performance full of effort and skill and he will probably end the season as top scorer and he has played 10 more games than anyone else. Other contenders on my list would be Kalern Thomas and Lewis Hilliard.

You've got until 4.00pm on Tuesday 18th April 18 to email in your vote to the club (vote@bufc.co.uk).

As usual the award will be presented after the last home match of the season - against AFC Fylde on Saturday 22nd April.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Re: Player of the Year
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
undecided between smith thomas and rollins to be honest

agree with ken- if it was 'player of the second half of the season' there are a number of other contenders like batch ross etc but that isn't what we're voting on is it?

so it has to be either tommo or jay given gregg hasn't played since NYD

it's been a really strange season but i think we are on the verge of something good next season people

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:58:38 AM »
I've voted for Harry Vince for his contributions to both the Youth and 1st team this year.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:58:33 AM »

We've both voted for Jay Rollins - not a difficult choice as he's our most skilful player, and as Ken says, always puts in loads of effort. Think Liam Agnew could have run Jay close if he had agreed to stay, and Batch as he gets more experience at this level could well be a future winner

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »

There is only one candidate in my thinking, the bloke who works full time to egg on his team mates and crowd, he did enough in 5 months of the season to warrant my vote, Greg Smith,  get well soon Greg, we will need you next season.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
Not seen enough games to vote really, but the ones I have seen, Jay Rollins would get my vote.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Batistuta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 01:15:20 PM »
I voted Thomas purely because for me it had to be someone who has been here for the majority/the whole season and the improvement of Thomas from the start of the season to now made him my candidate.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
Batistuta-great minds think alike. Agree with you 100%

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »

There is only one candidate in my thinking, the bloke who works full time to egg on his team mates and crowd, he did enough in 5 months of the season to warrant my vote, Greg Smith,  get well soon Greg, we will need you next season.
I will second that. Fully agree. A shining light in a sometimes dismal season.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »

I will second that. Fully agree. A shining light in a sometimes dismal season.

A big , big miss ,  we owe him our vote .  Did enough in half a season to earn it .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »
Anyone who has played more than a dozen games. That'll narrow it down. Jay rollins or Gregg Smith for me. Smith will get it as he seems to show pashun which fans like...

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »
Anyone who has played more than a dozen games. That'll narrow it down. Jay rollins or Gregg Smith for me. Smith will get it as he seems to show pashun which fans like...

Tom Batchelor for me. He's played 18 games so far. The defence has been properly shored up since he arrived. He's been excellent in most of his appearances. We were all over the shop at the back before he came.

In the 18 games before he came we conceded 42.

In the 18 he's played we have let in 18.

Tom's been a major factor in our defensive improvement because we were awful at the back & heading down.

He gets my vote just ahead of Gregg & Jay.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
Batch for me too.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »
If the award was based on, performance, selfishness, arrogance, tantrums, overweight,unfit, trouble making,disruptive,and thinking you are better than you actually are.
My award would go to Fairhurst, what a waste of money.