Author Topic: Kidderminster away  (Read 5410 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kidderminster away
« on: April 13, 2017, 09:27:47 AM »
Looks like it may be a closer game than it would've been a month ago. Kiddy have all but had to settle for second behind fylde but still need to secure second. Our team seem to have a plan now and we're not conceding like before.
Still a tough task against one of the best home records going but a good test for our team to see how far off we are for next season

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster away
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »
interesting stat on main site.."Last time we played them at theirs, Andy Kirk put 3 past Frazier Forster"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »
I'm sure it was Ben Foster - not Fraser Forster.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
you say tomato i say tomata :)
rushing about looking at BUFC stuff when i should be working!....i hope i haven't made any mistakes elsewhere
FF played for Stockport in 2008...thats close :)

Harriers9

• View Profile
    • Harriers Online
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
It was Ben Foster. He was rubbish for us and vanished soon after that game. Don't know what he's doing now  :-\

http://www.kidderminsterharriers.com/stats/20041106.php

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Shame to loose the clean sheet, but on to the next one.
I see Salford still can't win in Lincolnshire and can't stop there players getting sent off, great win for Trinity.
Would like to leave a comment on Salford's FB page, but they don't like criticism and blocked me after the Boston game.
Still up there own backsides,but keep getting them kicked in Lincolnshire.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:41 PM »
I see Salford still can't win in Lincolnshire and can't stop there players getting sent off, great win for Trinity.
Would like to leave a comment on Salford's FB page, but they don't like criticism and blocked me after the Boston game.

A nice post that will appeal to anyone outside Salford  involved in  Conference  North football .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 08:22:09 PM »
salford are a pub team with sunday football managers. they won't last til xmas in charge i don't think. players won't put up with being shouted at day in day out for long. to me they're just a bunch of chavs. hope they go up as will be glad to see the back of em

as for us today- so nearly another defensive masterclass. soaked everything up for 87 minutes. unlucky to see the original header deflect off robbo hit the bar and fall to their fella

solid display from us again though. they were a quality side, make no mistake. best footballing side i;ve seen in NLN. we showed that, with a schemer to pick a pass, a decent winger and a 20 goal striker that we can be right up there next season, we really aren't far away. my ratings:

durrant 7.5. no chance with goal, 3 decent saves, wasted time effectively!
thomas 8.5. our best player for me. improves every week. great energy
yeomans 8. another who continues to improve. a real prospect
gordon 6.5 steady in a alien position. missed our best chance though
batchelor 7.5 won everything in a typically batchelor display
robinson 7.5 same as batch, solid
chapman 6.5 not his best game but not bad. looked a yard off it first half but improved
broadhead 7.5 does a lot of dirty work in the background. will improve with time. 100% effort
rollins 7 tireless running and a couple of half chances
simmons 6 never got into the game. not sure he's quite up to it
bishop 6.5 tried hard without much luck

subs
vince 6.5 industious as ever. more effective further forward for me
briscoe 6.5 switched off in build up to goal but dis some good things

well done to all involved. a good effort and plenty  to build on

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:49 PM »
If they're the benchmark, we're not far off. A bit more bite in midfield so we're not chasing the ball as much (can only had had max 30% possession today) and something up front as we played with nine men today so ineffective were our forwards. Thought the defence were outstanding though. Hardly any respite all day but limited them to one shot from a counter attack and the goal.
Remember at home, they should've put 7 or 8 past us before we equalised near the end

A shame the winning goal went straight to their bloke having hit the bar, but if anyone was going to nick it, it was them.

Not sure how some Kiddy fans/media expected us to go toe to toe with them, regardless of our safe position. Players have contracts to play for, we have a town to win over, it ain't gonna happen by going man for man and getting walloped like we did at Fylde, parking the bus is not alien to them and they've found a way round it before, so not sure why all the fuss today.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:35:04 PM »

Salford the most despised team in non league football, not improved by the clowns in charge.
Sick of the 'class of 92' and all the sh1te that surrounds them (tv cameras again today)
Two or three seasons at this level will see them lose interest

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 08:27:19 AM »

Salford the most despised team in non league football, not improved by the clowns in charge.
Sick of the 'class of 92' and all the sh1te that surrounds them (tv cameras again today)
Two or three seasons at this level will see them lose interest

👍👍👍
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »
Unless they throw even more money at it, looks like they'll be hanging around... and the league seems to get a new "big club" every year. Wonder if York's late surge will come to nothing

Think Solihull will drop now with a southern team and Southport/Ferriby

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
Without having a threat up front the team really went toe to toe with a very good team. Clearly we need a couple of additions and to this end can I remind you off the jam jar collection. I will again be in the Pilgrims lounge before the last two home games so please drop in your jars if you have any full of loose change or if you have started filling your jar (I know they take a while to fill) please carry on through the close season and get next season off to a flyer in July, jars can also be handed in at the club offices at any time and I will collect. So far in just two weeks we have raised some £1100 so you can see every penny counts. Thank you for your great efforts to raise funds to move our club forward.    UTP