Author Topic: o/t - Grimsby Town  (Read 7187 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
o/t - Grimsby Town
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »
Sacked former Solihull Manager Marcus Bignot today.

Bit of a strange decision at this time of season.

TEP

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: o/t - Grimsby Town
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
Dennis Green's mysterious close season opportunity??

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:09:24 PM »
Lincoln better hope they get promotion
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 02:45:06 PM »
I would imagine Paul Hurst may have one or two regrets about leaving Grimsby as he may be leading Shrewsbury into the same league.

Considering the way Dave Frecklington's got Trinity 'flying' at the moment (there's a possibility that they could finish below Stalybridge) could there be another changing of management there?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
given that one reason he has gone is that he hasn't matched the ambition of the club, I can't see the Mariners settling for a part timer without any proven record anywhere near football league level. I could be wrong, but I would think they would look at least to the conference national level, and leave Dennis to pick his way around tier 6 or 7. Trinity is still my call for Dennis, despite Freckos appointment.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
given that one reason he has gone is that he hasn't matched the ambition of the club, I can't see the Mariners settling for a part timer without any proven record anywhere near football league level. I could be wrong, but I would think they would look at least to the conference national level, and leave Dennis to pick his way around tier 6 or 7. Trinity is still my call for Dennis, despite Freckos appointment.

I suspect Bostonwoodys was tongue in cheek .

My tip is Alfreton .

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »
i hear hopkins and kirkwood from matlock in frame for alfreton

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »

I suspect Bostonwoodys was tongue in cheek .

My tip is Alfreton .
on reflection tongue in cheek is probably right. I took it seriously, I need to lighten up! I still think when Trinity go down, DG is at his right level if he were to join them, but DGs comment was possibly only designed by himself to antagonise folk like me in wondering where he will show up. I actually dont care as long as its not York Street, but then I'm giving him his desired effect by debating the issue! My yin and yang  must be in end of season trauma!

John Bunyan, 1684

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
To be honest my money is still on Gainsborough, survival or not.

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
I would think DG will go back down south,to manage a southern league team,closer to were he comes from and suits his style of football.
Both him and Carla have portable professions.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 11:43:24 AM »
I would think DG will go back down south,to manage a southern league team,closer to were he comes from and suits his style of football.
in theory he might, but I think Carla is a Trinity fan, and her work is Lincoln based, so Carla's situation might be a geographical factor as much as a love factor. They might move, but I can't see why they would, especially with a new-born baby.
 Reference his style of play, I'm not sure that makes a difference in Dennis' head, as I was always of the opinion that he thought he could win playing Southern style in the Northern league, and he always stuck to his guns in that respect, irrelevant of how much criticism he received.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
in theory he might, but I think Carla is a Trinity fan, and her work is Lincoln based, so Carla's situation might be a geographical factor as much as a love factor. They might move, but I can't see why they would, especially with a new-born baby.
 Reference his style of play, I'm not sure that makes a difference in Dennis' head, as I was always of the opinion that he thought he could win playing Southern style in the Northern league, and he always stuck to his guns in that respect, irrelevant of how much criticism he received.

Fully agree TTT,   typical of most managers , stick to the style of play they trust in .       Those of us who go on Stagnet realise the same applies to Adam .    Sadly some fans do not tolerate a few losses to achieve success and will bemoaning the lack of goals in a bad run .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

Carla is not really a Tinpot fan, she just chose them when Scott Dalton got the breakfast slot and everyone knew he was a Boston supporter so she opted for the nearest same league rival just to spice things up on derby day.

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
I think the Job at Trinity will not be an option for DG as I truly feel that Frecklington will still be there next season, relegation or not.
He will be given the chance either way to revive there team, in this league or not.
Lets face it DF has not had the easiest run ins to the end of season and probably the hardest.
What other club in Lincolnshire at a decent level could DG end up at, I can't see any changes in management at Lincoln,Boston,Gainsborough,and Grantham so were does he go, Boston Town, Lincoln Utd, I don't think so.
He could go and manage a Nottingham based club that would be an option.
He definitely wont be at Scunthorpe or Grimsby they will not take the risk of a non league manager taking the reins.
Or maybe he won't go anywhere and stays away from management for a few years, who knows!