Author Topic: Those Released ?  (Read 30327 times)

TheWizard

• View Profile
Re: Those Released ?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »
matson && wrighty at stamford according to o/s
Ben Sedgemore has also joined Matson and Wright at Stamford.
As a player/coach according to a post on KL site
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:59:27 PM by TheWizard »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »
Bloody good signing for Stamford that.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Might go and watch Stamford a few times next season after my water skiing lessons at Tallington Lakes!

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 02:36:13 AM »
Could well be worth while.....

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »
According to the Stamford web site they are signing loads of players a lot understandably from Deeping.

Interestingly though, they did have one player there last year, Pearson, a 19 year old centre half, that is quality, I watched him a few times last year and the year before that a couple of times at Spalding. Dont know where he lives but he really is worth the new managers having a long hard look.

It suggests he might not re-sign because higher rated clubs are looking at him which is understandable, maybe we are one of them

Tyronne Kirk, certainly their most skilful player is another who has left with future undecided

Apparently Tom, some would like to see Ricky Miller play with Matson next year, though I dont know if thats just wishful thinking. Actually it's a well used web site, with a quite lively forum especially when considering they dont have a huge fan base, it's actually well worth a read, I pop in quite reguarly

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
Don't know about player movements,but I see Ricky Millers dad has "transferred" to the Stamford forum.Still banging on about what Ricky was,or was not,offered here.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 05:19:09 PM »
Don't know about player movements,but I see Ricky Millers dad has "transferred" to the Stamford forum.Still banging on about what Ricky was,or was not,offered here.

I could see his point about the offer and why it couldnt be accepted, this was no foult of the club thou but for him to be sighned he would have needed the wage to move to boston. And in fairness to the club that sort of money is not warrented on part time. one of those that nobody was going to win.

Stamford would be a ideal move for him as he lives there and currently cant drive. dissapointed he couldnt stay but i wish him well were ever he goes

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 05:25:49 PM »

He must have transferred a fair while ago he's done nearly 1500 posts ;D

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

I could see his point about the offer and why it couldnt be accepted, this was no foult of the club thou but for him to be sighned he would have needed the wage to move to boston. And in fairness to the club that sort of money is not warrented on part time. one of those that nobody was going to win.

Stamford would be a ideal move for him as he lives there and currently cant drive. dissapointed he couldnt stay but i wish him well were ever he goes

I agree, it was no-ones fault, a real catch 22 in fact, deciphering his old mans post, it would appear that KL might be one of the teams interested but if thats true he would presumably have the same travelling problems as was the case here.
At least neither ricky or his old man bad mouth the club, in fact he reiterates again how much ricky wanted to play for us.

Like Bostonshire though, I too wish him well wherever he goes and there are many players from last year, and in truth years gone by who I wouldn't thats for sure

TheWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »
David Farrell gone to Stanford..

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
Theyre certainly helping themselves to our old players arent they!

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
They spoke to nearly all of the players that were released

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »
David Farrell gone to Stanford..

ryan clarke as well i believe

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
Bloody hell they may as well just be our reserve side

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »
Not strictly released by us, but Gary King is hoping to sign for Accrington. If that falls through he already has offers from Ilkeston and Harrogate.