Author Topic: Vs Telford  (Read 3732 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Vs Telford
« on: April 08, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »
Mathematical safety could be a reality this afternoon.
With Alty already down, Stalybridge have Fylde at home, Gainsborough have Stockport at home and Worcester also have home advantage with the visit of Curzon.
A win for Boston, and a draw or defeat for both Gainsborough and Stalybridge would guarantee mathematical safety, as neither would have enough points still available to overtake us.
A win for Boston and defeat for Worcester would also guarantee finishing above them.
So as long as we do our bit and win, it's likely that we can all breathe a sigh of relief, finally, and draw a line under what has been an eventful season, not always in the right way!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Telford
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
Safety assured
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »
Fantastic win today,and great to be safe.
This squad has shown some true resilience and determination of late, which is full credit to them.
Had some fantastic banter with the linesman today, thoroughly nice chap.
Best comment of the day from a fan was to Lee Hughes, " better to be off side, than inside.
Banter at its Boston best.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:45:05 PM »
Can I give a huge vote of thanks to those who dropped jars of coins off before the game today. As I only started this last week to have got four jars handed in is really great, also thanks to those who dropped a total of some £15 in the bucket at the side of my table. I have counted and bagged the silver and pounds and have a wonderful £65 with the half a ton of copper yet to count. I really hope everyone will get involved in this painless way of raising funds to move our club forward, as you can see in a few days we have a good amount to add to the £1000 extremely generous donation from a great fan to get the thing started. This will be ongoing throughout the closed season and next season in full so please start putting your loose change in a coffee or jam jar and drop them in with me in the Lounge before home games or the club shop at any time where I will collect. I will keep you all up dated with the totals each week on here. Thank you.  UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
So, safety it is. We can enjoy the last few games and look forward to a summer of squad shaping by Mr Murray. Great to see another clean sheet, and 3 goals was a rare treat. I have to say I thought we deserved it.
Telford rarely threatened, and 2 of their better chances were spurned by Mr Hughes. He quite disappointed me, considering the level he once played at, but a nice touch by Telford to allow him to bring walking football to the National League. His team mates must be seriously frustrated by his lack of effort, even allowing for his age.
Back to the Pilgrims, I thought Mani was fantastic up top, and was a real handful. Batch and Browny look solid again, and the midfield is both protecting the backline and creating things going forwards. And despite he only played the first 55 minutes or so, well done to Vinno, who proved again youth and size don't make any difference when you give everything and never stop working for your team mates. Another good performance.
I have to say well done all round, and the good ship Pilgrim is once again in steady hands, and I admit I was wrong a few weeks ago when I posted I was basically uninspired by the new regime. Things seem to be well on the up, so I hope it keeps going and we can end the season with a surprise or two for the title challengers! We may not be up there, but we can have an influence on proceedings.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »
missed a couple of games..glad to see a great improvement.   skill..desire and attitude all look a lot better.
well done ....
3 very well earned points.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »
decent performance against a very average bucks side. we closed down very well, hunted in packs and didn't give them a second on the ball. closing down like that has to be coached to get it spot on and you could see the lads working in groups and off certain triggers to get it 100% effective

early goal helps and we got it again, after which we were very efficient at preserving the lead. had hughes taken his chance, or had they scored the follow up then 1 1 at half time may have made it a different game second half but the keeper saved both and we were ruthless after the interval i thought

pleased for mani to get the goal his performance deserved. for me he ran jay close for MOM award and is steadily improving. shame he can't play at kiddy but that will give someone else a chance i suppose

5 clean sheets in 7 is terrific. the back 5 are rock solid at the moment and are developing a superb understanding. you can tell they are very much a unit and are prepared to put themselves on the line for each other

a month ago i wrongly wrote nat brown off. he has been superb recently forming a great pairing with batch. also we now have the size to handle the long ball/ long throw teams. ross batch nat broadhead mani are all well over 6 foot and both full backs are really good in the air too

all in all a solid win. lovely day out in the sun so lets hope we can get something from both easter games to keep building. the end of the season is coming at the wrong time for us really but i think we are well equipped for next season and if summer retention/ recruitment is good then we will be aa force next season

many clubs are now starting to reveal which players are staying/ going and i expect we'll here news coming out of york street pretty soon on our retained list

when you have the likes of gatter gordon burgess pepe roberts gregg not even changed for various reasons you see how strong we are already and a couple of shrewd signings will top the squad up. i'd love to see us get robbo permanently but that's up to york. i think we also need a proper number 10

but happy overall. keep the faith people. fans were good again yesterday.  really good support. plenty doubted mr murray a month ago but i bet they don't now!

Davey Crockett

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
Too be honest I've missed loads of games this season. I'm glad I chose this one to watch, really enjoyed it too. Boston's number 8 had two fantastic free kicks, neither wouldn't have looked out of place in the Prem.
Boston's number 5 won everything in the air, and put in a really good shift, if Jay hadn't knocked two goals in, he should have got MOM.
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?