Author Topic: Fantastic victory v S@lford...  (Read 8866 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic victory v S@lford...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 07:10:04 AM »
Good to see David Norris back at York Street. Thought he had retired ! Don't think he troubled us too much on Saturday. Must be getting a good wedge up there.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 10:22:50 AM »
Yes was big result especially as first Saturday home win & against top 4 side.

Maybe the ferriby  play off first leg last may was up there with best performance in last 12 months? 2-0 when it could have easily been 3 or 4.

However, we couldn't go there on the Sunday & park the bus!  Yes the early pen was a shocking decision, but we were awful that Sunday & rolled over.

Any of Murray's results in his first 7 away games would have taken us through that awful Sunday.

In the 7 away games before he arrived we shipped 24 goals.

In Murray's first 7 away games we have conceded 4.

Real test comes next season .      Blyth Spartens or Southport away on a Tuesday night in November is the real test .  NFU will show how hoof ball is played .

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
A good win granted, but, once again we played really well against a top of the table team, why on earth can't we play like that against the bottom end teams!!!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
A good win granted, but, once again we played really well against a top of the table team, why on earth can't we play like that against the bottom end teams!!!
I'm sure Jurgen Klopp asks the same question at a much higher level!!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 02:57:55 PM »
Good post re: next season GHM. Many tough tests lie ahead. As well as blyth & southport likely to join us, York city could be coming down with a £237,000 parachute payment! With nfu also coming down wonder if they will switch brackley into conf south to accommodate maybe 4 new Northern clubs?

With at least 2 more clubs turning pro, next season could be the strongest conf norths ever been. The promotion mix this season is all to play for. If kiddi win their game in hand (staly) they go within 3 PTS of £ylde. After all the dosh £ylde have thrown at it they just might be in the play offs again. If they are they will be bricking it after losing in play offs last 2yrs! We have to play them both yet so we could still have a say in the shake up.

If it is £ylde & kiddi that go up it leaves a really strong bunch of hopefuls for next season. When u look at the cash Stockport have thrown at it & they may not even make the play offs this time. Surely they will be top 5 next year. 1883 will be around, along with FC Halifax, tamworh, Salford, Harrogate, York & Chorley.

Will it be our year next season? We've come agonising close past 2yrs running & had play off finals snatched away! The league is going to tougher next year but so are we. Tough to beat away & we have to make York Street our fortress. Hopefully a recipe for success!

YABA

youngchubby69

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »
I think the team will continue to improve and better players will come in, I did like the way Briscoe played, a bit of experience and no how goes a long way.
I think the game against Fylde at the end of the season will be the true measure of how much we have improved and how far we have to go for next season.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
we're not far away. we have some good lads who we 'own' who are good enough and who i wouldn't mind being here next season

in these i class chapman briscoe vince batchelor durrant thomas smith broadhead rollins yeomans gordon as those players

add to these loans who may or may not stay like simmons/ robinson/ gatter/ desurewe and we're not a million miles from being a decent outfit. these lads are of course dependant on decisions from their parent cluns

i'm unsure on hilliard clarke roberts emery adams brown st juste bishop maguire burgess marshall chippendale ngoma fairhurst as to whether they'll be here next season. some might not be wanted and some may choose to leave. would be interested to hear other fans views on the above. these are just my views but the 11 i'd like to keep will form the basis of a solid squad i think

we have much reason for optimism and should look forward to next season in my view. looks like we're playing at york street for another season and we have time now to restore the pitch which will also help. i've seen nothing to be scared of this season so let's hope we can continue the development of the young squad we are assembling. good times aren't far away

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 08:44:01 PM »
I think at least 4 of Saturdays squad will be released ,  with being virtually safe from relegation a good opportunity to give the likes of Liam Adams a few games to show if they are up to it .