Author Topic: Fantastic victory v S@lford...  (Read 8867 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fantastic victory v S@lford...
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
IMO our best home performance of the season...really good in every dept.-especially the first half....Batch.and Brown looked a good sound combo at the back and we did have a reasonable midfield for once aswell...Young Harry Vince capped a supern man-of-the-match performance with a great opening goal...onwards and upwards!

youngchubby69

Re: Fantastic victory v S@lford...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:55 PM »
Absolutely totally agree, and what a performance.
Salford have the money but IMO they do not have really determined battling players.
I just cant get my head round the poor quite support they brought with them, no supporters coach either, yes we use the term hobby club alot, but this one is.
Harry Vince wad outstanding,a goal, one player sent off and another booked, then MOM.
I would also like to give Adam Chapman a mention,I thought he was outstanding and really bossed the team and midfield.
Its nice to knock the money class of 92 boys down a peg or two, I am gloating with a huge smile on my face, I know it's wrong to do so, but I am going to do it anyway.
Well-done to everyone and have a good evening 😊

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
 Don't knock the money in these May times  ???

Keep hiring effective  central defenders/ def midfields from the lower leagues .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
Good win that many of us did not expect .   See potential in the new striker ,  would be good to get Gregg back to see how they link up as a strike force .

Surprised how poor and badly organised Salford were ,  only tactic was goalie hoofing ball down the middle which our defenders easily won .    Don't think these managers will have much to offer to a full-time set-up .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
Good win that many of us did not expect .   See potential in the new striker ,  would be good to get Gregg back to see how they link up as a strike force .

Surprised how poor and badly organised Salford were ,  only tactic was goalie hoofing ball down the middle which our defenders easily won .    Don't think these managers will have much to offer to a full-time set-up .
fully agree GHM. Great win, played as a team, got our reward, and another clean sheet to boot. As you say, they were surprisingly poor. Maybe we just got them on the wrong day, and may be they could and should have got at least one at the end, but we rode our luck. I thought our overall performance began to show some quality on the ball and some real commitment. Well played Pilgrims.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:34 PM »
Much better - and a much needed three points. All about the result today. Not getting carried away about the Brown / Batchelor partnership. Let the ball bounce from goal kicks too often for my liking and we could have shipped plenty of goals today.

Roll on next season :)

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
batch and brown were fine for this game. salford are notoriously direct. a proper long ball side and this played into our hands i thought. they had a couple of chances before we got settled but thereafter we did well. a relatively comfortable win. pitch looks much better so a pat on the back for the new groundsman. fans were great too. at times this season it feels like a few are just waiting for a mistake then they get right on the lads' backs straight away. this achieves nothing apart from unsettling the players further. if you are one of the negative ones then please try to change as this will benefit our club for sure. but superb support yesterday has to be applauded

just watched salford's post match interview with their joint boss and he gave us no credit whatsoever which i think shows a lack of respect. our lads deserve massive credit for a
 really good battling display. it's not our fault their lad had 'head loss' and got sent off. in reality he should have been given a straight red the first time for kicking vinno off the ball but was really thick in getting his second yellow which he fully deserved

for me, the game showed that in this league there is little between bottom and top. salford were ok but not miles better than alty or alfreton. at least we are all but mathematically safe now. looks like gainsboro or worcester for the third drop slot and gainsboro have a horrendous run in so i think they'll go down. i also hear unconfirmed rumours that worcester will drop down two leagues voluntarily and look for a base in their home town at step 4 next season so gainsboro may benefit from this

i think we have much to look forward to. we have a very young squad for this league. if recruitment and retention is successful over the summer we'll be much better next campaign. broadhead had a solid debut. he's only 21 as are ross and jan. colby is 20 and young vinno is a real prospect so i think we can be optimistic. the manager is very very good too so let's get behind them all for the last 6 games

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
"He's one of our own
  He's not here on loan
  Harry Vince is....
  one of our own!"

Those of us who watch the youth team have known and seen his potential for years.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
loved the 'one nil to the proper club' chants from the town end

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 05:29:20 PM »
I was there yesterday with my camera so there's the usual public Facebook album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155136870244282.1073741989.570994281&type=1&l=93a143a1e0

Facebook was being awkward last night so there are probably a few duplicates in there as it kept hanging and some reloads were needed.

For those that don't do Facebook there's the usual selection of shots in the Gallery on the website:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/salfordcity250317.html

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
Arguably the best result in the last 12 months? Whatever happens in the next year or so - new ground or no new ground - this is a result which should be remembered for some time. After some shocking results, well done Mr Murray!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
Yes was big result especially as first Saturday home win & against top 4 side.

Maybe the ferriby  play off first leg last may was up there with best performance in last 12 months? 2-0 when it could have easily been 3 or 4.

However, we couldn't go there on the Sunday & park the bus!  Yes the early pen was a shocking decision, but we were awful that Sunday & rolled over.

Any of Murray's results in his first 7 away games would have taken us through that awful Sunday.

In the 7 away games before he arrived we shipped 24 goals.

In Murray's first 7 away games we have conceded 4.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 08:28:35 PM »
it made me laugh when the away contingent were chanting "you've only came to watch Salford" just as Harry V scored the first. Strangely the same chant wasn't heard again. He certainly shut them up. If I had been paying to watch Salford, i'd have wasted my cash, I thought they were very ordinary at best, and someone is wasting their hobby cash if they think that team can make it further up the ladder.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
Spot on TTT, I don't see them getting promoted this or next season, they are a long ball team.
Very little tactics from a naive management team, they the team,fans and club think they are the better than they actually are.
It's strange really how they all act, they truly think that they are untouchable riding on the back of the class of 92 success.
It's good for a club and it's fans to be confident but they truly look down their nose with insulting arrogance at other clubs.
They think because they have the backing of the class of 92 that everyone should respect and bow down in front of them.
Well yesterday they came up against a proper football club with proper fans,who don't just turn up when the TV cameras ate there.
I still can't get my head round there poor away support, you would not be cancelling a supporters coach due to lack of interest if we were 3rd in the league.
A great win and I loved it.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »
Spot on TTT, I don't see them getting promoted this or next season, they are a long ball team.
Very little tactics from a naive management team, they the team,fans and club think they are the better than they actually are.
It's strange really how they all act, they truly think that they are untouchable riding on the back of the class of 92 success.
It's good for a club and it's fans to be confident but they truly look down their nose with insulting arrogance at other clubs.
They think because they have the backing of the class of 92 that everyone should respect and bow down in front of them.
Well yesterday they came up against a proper football club with proper fans,who don't just turn up when the TV cameras ate there.
I still can't get my head round there poor away support, you would not be cancelling a supporters coach due to lack of interest if we were 3rd in the league.
A great win and I loved it.
they certainly do think they'd better than they are, and you're right, arrogant to the enth degree. Reading their report they're playing that way regularly away from home, and all the more frustrating to the fans. Regarding the rubbish away support, I heard there was bad blood between the people who've organised the away travel and the club, due to the club announcing away travel for a fiver for the last two games. I understand they didn't consult the usual organisers at all before t hey announced the deal, and now the organisers have thrown the toys out of the pram and won't do buses. That's the price of the money in the club, they over ride what's been done for ever and a day, and the club purists won't like it. It's a fundamental flaw in the setup of such a club. The famous five think that anything they do is of a benefit, but they can't necessarily see the big picture.

John Bunyan, 1684