Author Topic: Worcester v Pilgrims  (Read 6321 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Worcester v Pilgrims
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:18:06 PM »
Broadcast live on- line Radio Hereford & Worcester.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester v Pilgrims
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
Tricky trip, feels like a must win with recent results, and our record away at Worcester isn't great, lost the last couple with no win since 2013.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »
Good win today and a clean sheet thanks to Durrant's penalty save.  Well done!
United we stand..................

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
a must win won.....well done

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 05:18:33 PM »
Points in the bag, well  done everyone.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
Looks like Gainsboro or Worcester for the drop .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »
well done lads.  Looks like Gainsborough have squeaky bum time.  Just noticed there is a chance we could have a proper local derby next year.  Grantham are knocking on the door.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
grantham have played too many games i reckon and will more than likely be overhauled but they've done really well

saw them the other tuesday and their ground is a really soulless affair

anyway, credit to our lot today.looked much better with briscoe and rollins out wide. batch was immense. best player on the pitch by miles but chapman also did well

penalty save came at an important time and they were v average but no worse than alty

just about safe now. can't see both worcester and gainsboro gaining 9 points on us

good effort to say we're missing robinson roberts maguire burgess smith marshall etc etc etc. fans were good too, a solid day out all round

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
First of all I want everyone to know that I predicted a 2-0 loss today, This is the first time ever I have predicted a loss and as I explained to the others in the bar before the game I did this in the hope I would not gain any points on the prediction league although I am in second place. IT WORKED YAHOO!.
Now something very important. There has been much speculation on here regarding the new stadium some of it from stirrers. I did what others suggest and approached Neil before the game today and said "can I ask you one question"? He replied "certainly" I asked "WILL WE HAVE A NEW STADIUM YES OR NO"? his reply was "YES". My grandson asked "WILL BE PLAYING AT YORK STREET NEXT SEASON"? his reply was "YES". As far as I am concerned this is all we need to know at this stage and I will as always give David and Neil my support and encouragement and invite all true supporters to do the same and let's move on. Hope this is helpful.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »
We played ok today. Not great but did enough. Worcester weren't up to much but if the penalty had gone in then it could have been a different story. Both teams clearly lacking confidence - evidenced by poor composure and ball retention.

Just glad we won. Hopefully this will give us some confidence going into the remaining games.

Good to see Gregg Smith warming up with some of the team before the game. We may see him play yet before the season is out - maybe needs to lose a pound or two though :)

TEP

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
YES very helpful thanks oxo! Two direct questions & two direct answers. We now know it's York Street next season & the new stadium will definitely be delivered.

An unspectacular but workmanlike performance today. As in all the away games since AM arrived we looked solid at the back with the midfielders grafting & making us hard to break down. The forwards put a shift too, tracking back with runners  & we won a lot of second balls to limit their attacks.

What we do lack at the mo is a natural goalscorer! I'm sure it will be addressed pre-season. We've got nobody gambling front or back post or reading flick ons. We have been spoilt over recent seasons with Newsham, Miller & Dayle. DG deserves much credit for bringing in the last two!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 10:12:14 PM »
Was a game of few clear cut chances, never really felt like either team had much threat going forward, however the penalty save was vital, and whether or not Batch got in the way of the rebound I don't know.

Have to say we were given an absolute gift by the Worcester keeper for the second goal, that was the worst wall I have ever seen, not only was it only 3 men long it was completely in the wrong position. I could see from where I was that all Adam had to do was roll it round and into the corner. Baffling.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
2 poor teams but hats off to our lads for not buckling under pressure. Apart from the penalty incident we rarely ever looked threatened. We didn't create much but took what chances we got given.
Should just about do it now for safety. Are them or Gainsborough going to score 9/10 points in 8 games?

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 07:42:50 AM »
non league paper gave MOM to briscoe who was steady but for me batch was our best player. they had a big youth up top which suited him just fine and he won everything

i've been saying for a while nw he should adopt a safety first approach when the ball's on the deck and if in any doubt- rather than trying to lay it back to ross or pass it to a team mate that he should just whack it into the stand

he did that several times yesterday and it takes all the doubt out of things- especially on a poor pitch which we saw yesterday, which we'll see on tuesday and which we have at york street

all in all though a decent shift. feel a bit for bishop, he runs his nuts off with limited service and needs a goal but not one of the lads can be faulted for effort so roll on tuesday

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
T and J, I also thought Bishop did really well - lots of selfless running which is what we needed and a few decent touches when he got the ball....