Author Topic: life under the new manager  (Read 2714 times)

tom and jerry

• View Profile
life under the new manager
« on: March 14, 2017, 06:52:00 PM »
after 13 games under AM, just a reflection on his tenure

won 4 drawn 3 lost 6. scored 13, conceded 17

emphasis seems to have been on 'keeping it tight' rather than going for it

the issue to me seems to be in the goals scored area as with goals against, we've conceded 1 goal or less 9 times (2 clean sheets and 7 singles) but we've failed to score 6 times

we should have got something more from the games with darlington tamworth fcum halifax altrincham and possibly nuneaton if we'd finished better so i think we have a relatively solid defensive unit. aside from harrogate we've not been well beaten by anyone so i feel there are some good signs- especially with the horrendous injury list we've had and continue to have

let's get behind the manager and the lads for the rest of the season and see what next season brings eh?

youngchubby69

Re: life under the new manager
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
Good post, we just need to stay up, I spoke to Adam before the game on Saturday, I am not going to reveal everything that was said, but if anyone thinks this fella does not care, we are all very wrong.
He told me that he works 7 days a week and has only had 3 hours sleep a night since coming to Boston.
Not many of us can say we loose that amount sleep over our job's, Adam knows exactly what's wrong at the club and will put it right.
I personally have doubted Adam since he came to the club,but after the chat I had with on Saturday I am now fully behind him.
Is plan for next season is to win this league, and I believe he will.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »
Good post, we just need to stay up, I spoke to Adam before the game on Saturday, I am not going to reveal everything that was said, but if anyone thinks this fella does not care, we are all very wrong.
He told me that he works 7 days a week and has only had 3 hours sleep a night since coming to Boston.
Not many of us can say we loose that amount sleep over our job's, Adam knows exactly what's wrong at the club and will put it right.
I personally have doubted Adam since he came to the club,but after the chat I had with on Saturday I am now fully behind him.
I have no doubts be can talk the talk, but I'm starting to wonder whether he can walk the walk. As you say, you'll not reveal the conversation you had, but I'd currently take some convincing, as we seem to have gone downhill since his first few games. The only true reflection of his abilities will be after the summer when he's had the opportunity to fully assemble his own squad, and we see the results improve. At the minute, personally I can't see the results are any better than Dennis' results, and for me, they weren't and aren't good enough. We shall see what, or who, the summer brings. I'd like to share your enthusiastic "winning the league" next year, but I think we are a realistic million miles from that. I'd love to be proved wrong.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:32:06 PM »
I have no doubts be can talk the talk, but I'm starting to wonder whether he can walk the walk. As you say, you'll not reveal the conversation you had, but I'd currently take some convincing, as we seem to have gone downhill since his first few games. The only true reflection of his abilities will be after the summer when he's had the opportunity to fully assemble his own squad, and we see the results improve. At the minute, personally I can't see the results are any better than Dennis' results, and for me, they weren't and aren't good enough. We shall see what, or who, the summer brings. I'd like to share your enthusiastic "winning the league" next year, but I think we are a realistic million miles from that. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Exactly my thoughts TTT .   After the initial bounce in form the points return has gone down to relegation level.  Talk of extra training etc has not translated into wins only poorer results .   His signings have been poor .I think he has reason for sleepless nights .
As for winning the league ,  only full-time teams will win this league in the foreseeable future .

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »
On the face of it, changing manager doesn't look to have made much difference, with results being similar. It's not been a good season all round and both Greene and Murray have had a lot of bad luck with player injury problems. This no doubt has been a big factor in the poor season. We must however give Murray a chance, changing the manager again right now simply wouldn't be a good idea so we all need to get behind him.

Looking at the league table, if we lose Saturday and Gainsborough we will only be 3 points off relegation. I don't think we will go down but the next 2 games against teams below us are games we need to get points from.

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
I do agree that Adam's results have been not as good as DG and probably worse, but lets face it the injuries have been horrendous and show no signs of getting better.
If you were a manager and every week another employee went long term sick, how would you cope and be productive.
I think we will all be very proud of the team he will assemble next season, if you think he is only talking the talk, then my advice to you is, call him over like I did during the warm up and have a chat.
I don't do Chinese whispers,I prefer to get it from the horses mouth.
One thing that bothers him is the constant negative attitude from many people at this club, which has always been around in some form or another, and perhaps that is what is holding the club back.
Not totally down to money.