Author Topic: big credit where big credit is due  (Read 4413 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
big credit where big credit is due
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:24:57 PM »
I feared we would get battered today but  to get a clean sheet and thus a point is a brilliant result..

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: big credit where big credit is due
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
Great result and well done Mr Murray for selecting young Harry Vince - not surprisingly BUFC's longest serving player in today's squad!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:36:16 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:48:02 PM »
According to AM  in his post match interview  he said that Chapman didn't go into  training this week  and not only selected him but made him Captain.  Rollins couldn't make one training session a few weeks ago and was dropped despite being one the best players so far this season.   Would that AM rule have applied if the team weren't troubled with so many injuries?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »
 Grind em out ! :angel:

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »
84 of us there today and boys did us proud. I have to admit that it took a great deal of effort to get myself up for this trip but very glad I did. Right from the first whistle the boys were into them inspired by some great tackling from Harry Vince, you could almost see it on their faces with the look of if that little bugger can do it so can we. It has to be said that we were playing good passing football and making Halifax play like we have been lately, hopeless long balls over the top. It would be wrong to highlight other performances as everyone gave it their all. Second half Denton entered the fray and was snuffed out of the game by Josh and Batch. Halifax will be very lucky to make the play offs' but we can go on from here. Very happy Pilgrim tonight UTP. 

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:37:53 PM »
According to AM  in his post match interview  he said that Chapman didn't go into  training this week  and not only selected him but made him Captain.  Rollins couldn't make one training session a few weeks ago and was dropped despite being one the best players so far this season.   Would that AM rule have applied if the team weren't troubled with so many injuries?

Depends what the reason was as to why he missed training. perhaps AM was aware of a good reason and we aren't.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »

Sorry but this is not right,AM stated on the radio that AC had not trained the week before the Nuneaton game,not this one and the reason for that was a sicknesses bug.
AM also said he should have not played him because he was poor, due to the illness and took full responsibility fir it.
On the positive side Roberts,Burgess,Rollins,Marshall are nearing a return and back in training,Smith is now in the stage of rehabilitation and strengthening.
But a fantastic result and an awesome performance from Vince,and AM was so pleased with him,he described him as a little lad with a heart of a lion,and lad that loves his club,Boston is his club.
Well done to everyone yesterday.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »

Depends what the reason was as to why he missed training. perhaps AM was aware of a good reason and we aren't.

He said last time basically there is no excuses

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »

On the positive side Roberts,Burgess,Rollins,Marshall are nearing a return and back in training,Smith is now in the stage of rehabilitation and strengthening.
[/quote]
With the above four giving us more choice and with Shane Clarke established in starting line up plus others suggesting Thomas and Gordon (tank engines??) are our best full backs are we now looking at the team DG hoped to put out?
Of course there's Gregg as well....
Just a thought .....