Author Topic: V Halifax  (Read 6859 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V Halifax
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »
Can any of the Yorkshire based Pilgrims fans comment on the weather in the Halifax area? Any risk of waterlogging? Hopefully this can turn into the matchday thread!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Halifax
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
Can any of the Yorkshire based Pilgrims fans comment on the weather in the Halifax area? Any risk of waterlogging? Hopefully this can turn into the matchday thread!

I've been down in London all week working, but my wife tells me it's been better weather in Leeds than it has been in London. Not much rain and some nice sunny intervals and blue skies. However, this afternoon apparently it's been tipping down and is forecast to keep raining well into the night. Should be home in a couple of hours to see how wet it really is.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:26:34 PM »
Very wet back in Leeds. Big puddles on my lawn. Still raining. So worth checking for pitch inspections tomorrow before setting off.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »
Good point away today.  Well done!
United we stand..................

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »
Good point away, but I see the teams close to us, both above and below, won!!

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »
Good point today and a clean sheet ,would be nice to see a win next week 😎

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:38:51 PM »
A great point, and like another poster, I had feared a hammering today. I like the inclusion of Harry Vince, and he's taking many of the plaudits reading the other posts. I had to chuckle to myself, though. 4 changes and a less physically built player in midfield getting the praise! I'm all for a setled and more physical team, what the heck do I know? Clearly bugger all!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »
good point. thoroughly deserved against a high flying big budget side. we've matched both halifax and chorley in recent weeks so signs are good

josh robbo was top man for me. young vince did very well too

i have never understood why gordon and thomas were dropped. both have to be in our best eleven don't  they? no surprise the team does better when they play

well done to all involved. makes the saturday night stella taste much better. on another note, thought the ref was good today for a change

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 08:06:15 AM »
Here's the usual link to a public Facebook album with some snaps from the game. Not sure how many got in as Facebook is playing up. Should be about 150.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155061919474282.1073741987.570994281&type=1&l=52addcf623

At least I got all the goals this week. :)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:32 AM »
Well deserved point. Looked much more solid. I was very underwhelmed by them, expected them to have a lot more joy that they did. Durrant only had one really good save to make, although I still shit myself every time a ball goes in behind as he is very uncertain to come or not.
We didn't offer a threat up top though, but would've been hard on us to lose. Now for the really important games.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
agree with indecision on balls over the top. that's an area where we look vulnerable. personally i'd prefer defenders to go 'safety first' and welly it into the stand! takes all the doubt out of the situation that way

keeper and defence were much better yesterday. i can remember 4 saves of note. 2 free kicks in the first half, a block with his legs after the break and the point blank save from garner's header late on

much as yesterday was good, we never really looked like scoring did we? in fact i can't recall a save from their keeper. bishop had a chance down the inside left channel second half and vince was in the other channel but neither got a shot away

all in all though a decent point and one which maybe we weren't expecting. we are looking at a run of games which we can win coming up so let's hope the improvement continues

just looking on halifax's forum and there's not a lot of love for their gaffer it seems. first time i've been there and it was a very impressive set up

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
A selection of snaps for those that don't do Facebook.

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/fchalifaxtown040317.html

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 05:36:14 PM »
Other Posters at the game have covered it well. I would add that their player should have been sent off for a shocking foul on Harry Vince midway through the second half!! Ref had a long think, linesman got involved, then yellow came out. We were looking right onto it and all thought it was a red.

Harry Vince was exceptional!! Massive praise to Bunny & the excellent work he's putting in with the youngsters!! Harry's Parents were their yesterday they must have been so proud of their Son!!

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
young vinno was really good. for his size he can tackle and didn't shirk it once

nice technical player too. hopefully we can get some work done to make our pitch better ahead of alty to enable the more technical lads like vinno and hilly to get it down and play

10 games left now- nothing to lose really. lads like vince are the future. hope we stick with him as the side currently has a good number of young (ish) lads playing

other than vince, durrant, yeomans, thomas, gordon, joe fitz, robbo and bishop are all on the right side of 25 i think with the rest 25- 30 and only clarke over 30 which bodes well going forward

not sure what the future holds for gatter now. presumably he came in to get game time but yesterday wasn't in the 16. seems to have dropped down the pecking order and wouldn't be surprised to either see him go back to burton before his loan ends and move to an evostik club like spalding where he spent time earlier in the season. good luck to the lad whatever happens. always gives 100%

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »
much as yesterday was good, we never really looked like scoring did we?

I thought Simmons looked lively, his best game for us since he came back.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/