Author Topic: Lynn wound up...  (Read 13972 times)

Baker Boy

• View Profile
Re: Lynn wound up...
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
Thanks Bostonshire, i do a little bit for you, putting the odd change into the pot at work. Never know we still might be at York Street on Boxing Day, if we are i'll love every minute of it. Guess the difference between both our problems, is that you had time, not just 7 days, to come up with solutions. Thanks again for your support, lets hope get Boxing Day here we can repay it for you all.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 09:11:39 PM »
Bostonshire and oxo are right, we have to look after our own club as we are far from safe. I think most feel for the Lynn fans and if we where in a better position I personally would have no qualms about helping out but at the mo any spare money I have (which isn't a lot) goes into Boston United. Saying that I'd probably still throw a few quid in as a 1 off  :-\

To the people who say they didn't help us so why should we them? Maybe 2 wrongs don't make a right, and if you did help despite them not doing likewise would make you the better person. Seems some people are very bitter, at some stage it needs to be let go else it eats away at you.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
 Agreed w_p .. it's a bit of  a tough time to be asking for money .

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
is that you had time, not just 7 days, to come up with solutions.

not strictly true, don't think the Chestnuts had even 7 days, I remember the radio show where they announced we had been saved, I truely thought we were gone and that I'd be a football fan without a club come August.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 09:48:06 PM »

not strictly true, don't think the Chestnuts had even 7 days, I remember the radio show where they announced we had been saved, I truely thought we were gone and that I'd be a football fan without a club come August.

Yeah remember it well, on the Sunday (fathers day) there was the appeal from Barry Pierpoint and on the Tuesday it was announced Chestnut Homes where taking over, it was also said the club was a few days from going bust.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »
Not quite true about the seven days.
Handley had already got them a six week extension on the origional order and they did not put up any offer to the taxman or defence to the winding up order.
Whatever solution they try to come up with now, they could have tried to do during the six weeks, rather than apparently telling everyone they had the matter in hand.

bb1

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 11:35:03 PM »
Don't be to harsh on other clubs not helping us as when the bucket went round FCUM through a fair few quid in and were very sympathetic to our plight as a one off i would throw two or three quid in if only to see what would have been a good derby

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

It was hours not days when we were plucked from the fires of football hell. god bless the chestnut duo

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 06:38:47 AM »

As a result of a busy period at work I haven't been able to follow the King's Lynn story as closely as I'd like to, and am not too well "read up" on the subject. I think the sentiments of other supporters are about right, when they say that we need to look after our own club first and foremost.

But two hypothetical questions are springing to my mind:

(1) Would King's Lynn be any better off financially if they didn't have to fund the upkeep of their Walks Stadium?

and

(2) Would there ever be a case for King's Lynn becoming a tenant at York Street, playing their matches on either alternate Saturdays to Boston or Sundays and making a contribution towards Boston's own spiralling rent? This would presumably allow for Boston's own playing budget to be increased.

Controversial, I know, but a Lynn move to Boston wouldn't really take them any further from home than (say) Worksop playing at Hucknall and Ilkeston. Some pitches do stand up to having two home sides play there - look at Gigg Lane. And if any Unibond pitch can stand up to the rigours of an extra set of games then I'm confident it would be York Street.

Views?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
I'm not 100% on it, but I don't think the ground is the issue. I'm fairly certain if they carried on it would be at The Walks.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »
I get your point guys, and yes i did feel as you did about the previous regime at york street. I am sorry if i caused you all offence, just desperate to do anything to get us out of trouble.
No offence taken Baker boy.I do agree with others though,that it would be wrong to throw money at the existing regime at Lynn.It would only delay what looks like the inevitable when the others creditors come out of the woodwork.I understand why the Lynn fans would want to retain their current league status,but I think you would get a lot more help and sympathy if you were talking about a reformed Lynn run by the fans,even if that had to be at Ridgeons League level.Which ever way you go,whatever happens,i feel for those who really matter-the fans,and wish you all the luck in the world.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
The long term solution for Lynn is for the club to fold next week . This gives the likes of KEN KLFC  ample time to reform and get tenantcy of the Walks and membership of the Ridgeons League , ready to kick off next season . In 2/3 seasons time you may be back at step 3 level and dept free,  If any of the people involved now some how manage "to pull it of "and "save" the club it will only delay the inevitable.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »
Just been on" Todays Lynn news "thread on the Lynn forum . Seems Bobbins , Handley and Mr Chinn all claim to have the cash to pay the taxman but for various reasons are not stumping up. Seem they all want to talk to the council.  I can see a Laverflow mark 2 here and them trying as Laverflow did to wrongly make the council the scapegoat for the mess they will leave the club in.

Baker Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
Thanks for your messages, sorry if i got it wrong about being saved, but i heard for a long time about Boston struggling, where as we was told everything was fine and sorted up until last weekend when we were hinted at it not being good news. Thats the comparison I was making. Green Hat, me and my boss was saying exactly the same thing this morning, comparing Lynns woes to yours, really hope things work out for you at the end of the season, and if you are succesful in promotion someone up high realises that you aren't anywhere near the label you club once had. All The Best!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
Re 'groundshare ' .. seeing klfc appear to pay a 'peppercorn'  rent and we pay an upwardly mobile rent to the Malks ..
  It' ll be more a  case of us sharing with them !
    And maybe a couple of their star players could join us ..