Author Topic: Lynn wound up...  (Read 13964 times)

woad_pilgrim

Lynn wound up...
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »
According to their forum

Hope they get something sorted as it's not good to see any clubs struggling. Also means we'll lose our Boxing Day and Easter Monday fixtures.

Makes me appreciate more every day what a fantastic board we have here now.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Re: Lynn wound up...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »
Totally right.
Supporters suffer the short comings of poor leadership at the helm

we are VERY lucky too have such a fantastic team running the club

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »
http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=2907

A nice little article, briefly summing up the goings on down there.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »
It has been sugested on here that we should hold a bucket collection or play a friendly with Kings Lynn with all gate receipts going to them in their hour of need. These are noble sugestions but I tend to agree with PILGRIMS 67 that 65k may only be the tip of the iceberg.
Yes we should help any club at our level who are in danger but only if that money will not just be a delay of the inevitable.
At this moment in time if there are to be bucket collections or other methods of raising money it should be for BUFC, this is not being selfish it is being realistic. The facts as I understand them are that Kings Lynn require 65k to have a chance of survival yet it is easy to forget that only a few short weeks ago BUFC were landed with an unexpected rise on the ground rent and a loan to repay that was taken out by our previous owners which amounted to more than twice the 65k owed by Kings Lynn. As we know David Newton almost walked away over this but thank God we still have him. David and Neil will not say it but Iwill, not only do they deserve our heartfelt thanks for saving us but they also deserve every supporter to make greater efforts to raise funds to offset these unexpected setbacks and assist in seeing their excellent vision of a club at the centre of the community.
I make no apologies for saying look at our club first and foremost, only when other clubs have a board with the merits of our own should we look to give money.
I still wish the supporters of Kings Lynn all the very best and hope that they can somehow sort out the mess. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »
You are right Oxo . If we had collected 20k in the bucket in the Lavaflow days would it have prolonged the life of the club, ? no . Nor will it at Lynn at the moment. Lets hope they can rid themselves of this present board then we can think about giving help.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »
I think from reading the papers from that direction today,going throu the countless sites of different news on the issue,reading the forum and listening to the radio, It seems that £67k will overturn the wining up order but will only by them time, the estermated figure to get kings lynn fc running smooth and the minimum that is needed to get propper payment plans in place is around 150k(this will not clear the dept thou so they must be more in the mill than even the fans now) althou at the mo it seems any body at the club must have a gagging order or summit.

Baker Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 04:25:55 PM »
I'm a Lynn fan living and working in Boston. At the moment I am totally gutted. I've waited 10 years to stand at York Street and cheer my team on, instead of standing there pledging a bit of support for you on the odd occasion. Now to get to within a month and lose it.
 If there is anything you can do to help it would be grateful.  Sorry I am begging a bit.

http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=52782.0

All the best for your season, and at the moment i would love Milly to score a goal against us Easter Monday to take you up. Least Lynn would still be here!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
Sorry Baker Boy but there is nothing that can be done to help until the present regime have gone .

Baker Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 04:40:20 PM »
I echo your feelings and think that you were very very lucky to get rid of a certain person linked to both clubs. He managed to do to us what he didnt to you.
O really hope we can stay somehow, because as well as us still playing football, i know how handy the revenue from Boxing Day would be to you. 

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 05:00:20 PM »
Just makes me think why wasnt we doomed with a unpaid tax bill of over 1 mil for around 5 years(i may be thick but can someone help me work out how the hell we was given so long)

Shodfried

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
I didn't see too many clubs rallying round Boston when we needed help.......

Fine sentiment people but charity begins at home. I won't be chucking anything in anyones bucket, I remember how we were treated by other clubs when we needed help.

Now don't forget to bid on that shirt on e-bay to help BOSTON UNITED.

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 07:08:31 PM »
Got to agree with oxo. Not heartless, just practical. Very sad about KL though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »
As you say Shodfried nobody nobody gave us help , but then again they were like you and I and could see what a load of rabble was running the club. With that lot you and I would,nt put anything in the bucket (well i hope you would,nt). for BUFC.

Baker Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »
I get your point guys, and yes i did feel as you did about the previous regime at york street. I am sorry if i caused you all offence, just desperate to do anything to get us out of trouble.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
I get your point guys, and yes i did feel as you did about the previous regime at york street. I am sorry if i caused you all offence, just desperate to do anything to get us out of trouble.

I dont think you have caused any offence, were just as sad as you about klfc, i think the point that as came up is we are still fighting for our own club and arnt in any possission to be able to help.

Im sure people would if they could as bufc fans are also aware on the impact the loss of the kings lynn game will have on our club