Author Topic: murray out?  (Read 24640 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: murray out?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
It sounds to me like AM wants the players to train 3 nights in some weeks but not others. In his post-match video on Saturday, he said he'd be having the players in for an extra session.

I can see the benefit if we play on a Tuesday night, of a tactical session on a Monday.

Like other work forces some players will have genuine reasons to miss the extra session ,  a few will have a "funeral "  "wedding " or "important meeting to attend" ,  (we've all done it ).    A recipe for friction in the squad .
"tactical session" !  when are we going to start them ?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »
All this talk about the new stadium...we've been told countless times by 'those in the know' that no stadium is going to be built !
 ;D ;D :bunny :o
I've resigned myself to thinking we are now going to be homeless for good, lol. 

Conspiracy theories
BUFC
Hand in Hand

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »
Regarding a new stadium all I'm saying is when you have valuable land and 2 sets of property hungry people involved on many occasions the football club will be forgot about.
Kettering, Edgware Town, Grays Athletic and Scarborough are a few examples.
In the case of Grays they were promised a new stadium from the sale of the old Rec a few years went past support dwindled the plans were scrapped and now the are just existing and guess what groundshareing still!!!!
For me a cautionary read is the answer to the programme notes.

youngchubby69

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »
The stadium has to be built,it is part of the planning consent for the Quadrant, the council donated the land to BUFC that it is being built on.
Did nobody watch the podcast at the council planning meeting,when the plans were being passed.
If you had then you would have known that, David Newton is legally bound to build it, if he doesn't then he will be in breach of planning laws, and face huge fines sanctions.
Probably enough to put chestnuts out of business.
But DN does not have to build it before the Quadrant is built,there is obviously a timescale to allow him to generate money for the stadium from the Quadrant.
Why wouldn't he build it anyway,after all he has done for the club, so far ge has delivered everything he has promised.
After loosing the sport England grant, he could have come cap in hand to the Jo public to raise funds,but what has he done,he has decided to sell off the commercial land on the Quadrant to raise the money for the shortfall in funds for the stadium, no doubt these commercial plots were going to be leased out to generate long term income for Chestnut homes, so he is loosing money there.
After all just remember one thing,this club has no assets and you try building a stadium without any money in the bank, because that's what DN is trying to do.
If we have to ground share,so be it, but I have no doubt that DN has that already planned out as a contingency anyway.
That's what makes a successful businessman, always planning and thinking ahead.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
A partially completed new stadium may not meet health and safety requirements for spectators. Personally, I think the club should try and ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road like the successful Youth team already do. I am sure Town's stadium probably meets the requirements for NPL or Conference (North) standards. As for Mr Murray, I have said before he is a brilliant young manager but I am not 100% sure if he is getting much job satisfaction at the moment at the Club - I hope that I am wrong.

Tattershall Road might meet standards required but the access road certainly wouldn't! Just imagine leaving time!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 01:06:13 PM »
We accept AM is overseeing a difficult period at our club. There will be more ups & downs between now & the end of the season. AM knows what we need to go up next season & he will deliver for us!!  From Mansfield & Ashfield Chad 22/04/13: Mansfield captain AM ranked Stags BSP title glory as his greatest achievement in football. AM in his 3rd spell at the club has been previously promoted with the Stags in 2001/2 and Oxford Utd in 2009/10 season. Let him bring his own players in pre season and there could be in excess of 12 and he will have the whole pre season to develop his own team. Let's keep the faith for rest of this season & AM will take us up next season. Let's thank the Chestnuts too for such an ambitious appointment!!

"Let him bring his own players in " .   I,m sure you agree that these new players will have to be a lot better than Adam Chapman ,  one player not rated by most Stag fans .   No better than the mid-fielders  we had on the books .     Any idea why AM signed him .?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
A partially completed new stadium may not meet health and safety requirements for spectators. Personally, I think the club should try and ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road

1) It will if you make it do so. Corby's is fine, and they have 2 stands.
2) Why would Tatt. Road be more likely to meet H&S requirements for a 1000+ crowd, than a brand new purpose-built facility (albeit at reduced capapcity)?
Hello Scotty. Very good points as usual. As long as H&S are happy that playing football at partially completed new Chestnuts/Quadrant Stadium in an ongoing construction area is safe with minimal danger to spectators then, maybe, games could be played there.
In reply to your second question, I do not know! Does Tattershall Road already meet H&S requirements for a 1000+ crowd? I am sure that better men that you and me have looked into this. Which is a better venue for a short period of time - a partially built Chestnuts/Quadrant stadium or Tattershall Road? Not for me to say as I do not know all the pitfalls.
Either way, the new Chestnuts/Quadrant stadium will eventually be built as the roundabout and service road is already there and so is the "stadium" directional sign on the A16!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:37:15 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Chapman
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
Prior to joining Trinity last Nov Adam Chapman's last 112 club appearances were in League 2 between 2013 & September 2016. Newport Co offered him a new deal at the end of 2015 but he chose to join Mansfield in a 1 year deal and went on to play 37 times 2015/16. I think it must be fair to say he has League 2 pedigree! This could be part of the reason AM has given him a chance here. Because that's what I think it is: an opportunity to adjust, adapt & perform for us at a competitive lower level. AM played in midfield with him in Oxford United's 2010 Conference promotion winning side so he knows what he brings to the team. Will he do it for us?? For me fitness looks an issue at the moment. He was injured in his brief spell at Trinity. Dom Roma said of him "he is a great lad who I have allot of time for & he undoubtedly has a lot of talent". As said by other posters many of the current crop won't be here next season, Chapman may or may not cut it here? Murray said of Chapman when he came "he knows he will have to prove himself to a new set of supporters but at his best he is way too good for this level". I thoroughly agree that we haven't seen him at his best yet but i do think AM was right to give him a go because of his recent League 2 track record.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
How long do we give him?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »
How long do we give him?
Chapman or Champs next year??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
How long do we give him?
[/quote

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:]

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Chapman
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:21 PM »
Prior to joining Trinity last Nov Adam Chapman's last 112 club appearances were in League 2 between 2013 & September 2016. Newport Co offered him a new deal at the end of 2015 but he chose to join Mansfield in a 1 year deal and went on to play 37 times 2015/16. I think it must be fair to say he has League 2 pedigree! This could be part of the reason AM has given him a chance here. Because that's what I think it is: an opportunity to adjust, adapt & perform for us at a competitive lower level. AM played in midfield with him in Oxford United's 2010 Conference promotion winning side so he knows what he brings to the team. Will he do it for us?? For me fitness looks an issue at the moment. He was injured in his brief spell at Trinity. Dom Roma said of him "he is a great lad who I have allot of time for & he undoubtedly has a lot of talent". As said by other posters many of the current crop won't be here next season, Chapman may or may not cut it here? Murray said of Chapman when he came "he knows he will have to prove himself to a new set of supporters but at his best he is way too good for this level". I thoroughly agree that we haven't seen him at his best yet but i do think AM was right to give him a go because of his recent League 2 track record.

If he is way too good for this level he will soon be gone , or do we pay him Div 2 wages ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2017, 08:33:54 PM »
How long do we give him?

Maybe they are the same person  :laugh: :laugh:
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »
How long do we give him?

funny how we now have a new well informed (apparently) poster ........
where is ShauneyG these days?
Danny Davidsons left foot?
Miele?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »
How long do we give him?

funny how we now have a new well informed (apparently) poster ........
where is ShauneyG these days?
Danny Davidsons left foot?
Miele?

And oop's the 60minute wonder with his record breaking 4 posts in 60mins, never to be seen again .
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:13:03 PM by green hats mate »