Author Topic: murray out?  (Read 24608 times)

youngchubby69

Re: murray out?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »
Adam Murray must be given a chance and there should be no judgement made until at least halfway through next season. I don't know how everyone else feels but there seems to be nothing to excite me when I arrive at the ground for a home game leaving aside the prospect of the usual defeat, throughout the week there is little on the official site of interest and certainly nothing to lift the spirits of supporters and get them enthusiastic about the future. A feeling of fans being taken for granted, I recently donated to the excellent crowdfunding initiative but the club has done little to encourage this. Every Saturday home game it is the same routine with the CEO dishing out flags to a group of school children to wave as the teams emerge, Now everyone will know I have always encouraged the club to play an important part in the community and in many areas they are doing this but surely on game day they can do better. As for the new stadium many questions are being asked and indeed many have doubts it will ever happen, what has happened to the regular fans forums where we were always brought up to date with the progress of all thing BUFC, as it appears the club is being run by the CEO surely he has the authority to arrange one. Gates are falling, interest is waning so there needs to be some initiatives to halt this and embrace the clubs supporters.   

Mel this is a massive worry to me too, the interest from the club side has dropped since JB retired.
Us as fans have many questions to raise,and a fans forum is over due, but saying that David Newton has always replied to my emails,and answered any questions that I have put to him.
The new ground issue is playing on a lot of peoples mind, and we all know that we cant move forward until it is built,and promotion is near impossible without it,due to the rent being paid on York Street.

I just really hope AM does not get frustrated with the budget situation and leave, as I think DG lost heart when he knew that he could not offer his top players more money to stay.
This season has been terrible for sure.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 12:56:33 AM »
With the lease on York Street expiring Jan 18th next year it seems we are cutting it fine to have the new stadium completed by then? This is what the Chairman said in Saturday's programme. "The question I am constantly been asked is when the new stadium will start? The simple answer is when we have accurately bottomed out the costs (construction costs have increased significantly over the past 2 years) & secured all the funding that will be required. We are not being secretive or evasive on this, but until we can see that all the funding will be in place, clearly we cannot start such a large project. We will let everyone know as soon as we are in a position to move things forward. I know many people are keen to help fundraise, but unless we know the amount to raise, again it is difficult to get things launched. We are making progress on the Quadrant project as a whole, which is of course where the majority of the funding for the new stadium will come from. The land sales of the commercial sites at the Quadrant are moving forward well & the infrastructure for the first part of the residential sites will be completed in March, so construction can commence on the new housing".  I'm no expert in finance, fundraising or construction deadlines but this all seems a big big ask to be in place for next January. Maybe we will be ground sharing when we leave York Street?

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 07:11:19 AM »
Perhaps if I had purchased a programme on Saturday,I could have a answered my questions and concerns.
Lesson learned their I think 😃

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »
Or maybe we'll just move in to a incomplete stadium

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »

This is preferable to a ground-share, IMO.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 09:06:51 AM »

This is preferable to a ground-share, IMO.

I'd say so you'd only need the minimum required for this level.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 09:39:16 AM »
A partially completed new stadium may not meet health and safety requirements for spectators. Personally, I think the club should try and ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road like the successful Youth team already do. I am sure Town's stadium probably meets the requirements for NPL or Conference (North) standards. As for Mr Murray, I have said before he is a brilliant young manager but I am not 100% sure if he is getting much job satisfaction at the moment at the Club - I hope that I am wrong.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
Not a chance of the ground being open by January 18th next year. For that to happen they'd need to be in a position to start building pretty much tomorrow, which quite clearly they're not if they're still not even sure how much the thing is going to cost.

I don't know where this leaves us. Arranging a ground share somewhere will be a horrendous distraction, and crowds and finances will inevitably take a hell of a hit, but it's looking increasingly likely if a lease extension cannot be negotiated.

It's a shame this stuff only ends up in the match programme too. Exiles are as keen for updates on this critically important milestone as anyone else.

Still. Hiccups were to be expected. It's a vastly complicated scheme when you factor in all that needs to happen for the Chestnuts to pull this off, so let's just cross our fingers and hope they can iron out the issues asap. I'm fed up of being dicked around by crap like Nuneaton and Harrogate.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
Back to the topic of AM. Listening to him he knows what needs doing but his hands are tied as we have too many "players" on contracts that we cannot afford to pay off and move on allowing others to join (this stage of the season we would not attract much only fringe players) so he has to shuffle what he has. It seems to me that a lot of the players signed were snapped up without seeing them play (Colley for instance) how else did they get a contract? As AM said Saturday night, too many boys not enough men and they cannot keep feeling sorry for themselves when a goal goes in and basically wave the white flag.

As for some of his selections, did he not say on day one of taking over that he wanted the lads in training three nights a week and if they could not commit to that they would not be selected? He saw a bunch of unfit players and is trying to get them fit, this has worked as we have witnessed late goals in games where the opposition have tired and we have kept going.

Clarke for me needs to get the ball under control first, he lets it roll across his body and tries to turn to the ball hopefully wrong-footing his opponent, this only works once as the opponent soon wises up to this but Clarke insists on doing it all match then stand in midfield watching the defence cope with runners.

I like the way AM never singles players out for criticism in interviews unlike some ex-managers, things like that should stay in the dressing room and not publicised to the media.

I will give my verdict again next season when he has had a chance to get his own team together and outed some of the current squad, talking of which who would you keep out of this squad? I can think of about 7 of the squad (cannot judge injured players until they make a return).

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
A partially completed new stadium may not meet health and safety requirements for spectators. Personally, I think the club should try and ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road like the successful Youth team already do. I am sure Town's stadium probably meets the requirements for NPL or Conference (North) standards. As for Mr Murray, I have said before he is a brilliant young manager but I am not 100% sure if he is getting much job satisfaction at the moment at the Club - I hope that I am wrong.

Knowing a bit about ground grading not a chance would Tattershall rd make it. You'd need new floodlights for a start.  I did state get the new Ground up to minimum requirements.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 12:22:56 PM »
A partially completed new stadium may not meet health and safety requirements for spectators. Personally, I think the club should try and ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road

1) It will if you make it do so. Corby's is fine, and they have 2 stands.
2) Why would Tatt. Road be more likely to meet H&S requirements for a 1000+ crowd, than a brand new purpose-built facility (albeit at reduced capapcity)?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »
Back to the topic of AM. Listening to him he knows what needs doing but his hands are tied as we have too many "players" on contracts that we cannot afford to pay off and move on allowing others to join (this stage of the season we would not attract much only fringe players) so he has to shuffle what he has. It seems to me that a lot of the players signed were snapped up without seeing them play (Colley for instance) how else did they get a contract? As AM said Saturday night, too many boys not enough men and they cannot keep feeling sorry for themselves when a goal goes in and basically wave the white flag.

As for some of his selections, did he not say on day one of taking over that he wanted the lads in training three nights a week and if they could not commit to that they would not be selected? He saw a bunch of unfit players and is trying to get them fit, this has worked as we have witnessed late goals in games where the opposition have tired and we have kept going.

Clarke for me needs to get the ball under control first, he lets it roll across his body and tries to turn to the ball hopefully wrong-footing his opponent, this only works once as the opponent soon wises up to this but Clarke insists on doing it all match then stand in midfield watching the defence cope with runners.

I like the way AM never singles players out for criticism in interviews unlike some ex-managers, things like that should stay in the dressing room and not publicised to the media.

I will give my verdict again next season when he has had a chance to get his own team together and outed some of the current squad, talking of which who would you keep out of this squad? I can think of about 7 of the squad (cannot judge injured players until they make a return).

Don,t think AM has thought some of his plans though ,   fine saying getting the players in 3 nights a week .   Many p/t will not or cannot commit to 3 nights a week ,  this will restrict he number of players available .   To get players to commit to 3 nights a week a bigger wage is demanded ,  do we have a smaller squad ?  increase the budget ?  or get cheaper lesser quality players ?

When we concede a few early goals one late goal due to superior fitness is of little use .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 01:00:04 PM »

Don,t think AM has thought some of his plans though ,   fine saying getting the players in 3 nights a week .   Many p/t will not or cannot commit to 3 nights a week ,  this will restrict he number of players available .   To get players to commit to 3 nights a week a bigger wage is demanded ,  do we have a smaller squad ?  increase the budget ?  or get cheaper lesser quality players ?

When we concede a few early goals one late goal due to superior fitness is of little use .
[/quote]
a previous, now gone and name escapes me, fitness coach gave the players a regime they were asked to adhere to...
cheaper less quality players??? Aldi sell big bags of peanuts.................

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Also i find it unfair on players already signed, to then say you have to come in more nights. They my have arranged work around it the way it was

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
It sounds to me like AM wants the players to train 3 nights in some weeks but not others. In his post-match video on Saturday, he said he'd be having the players in for an extra session.

I can see the benefit if we play on a Tuesday night, of a tactical session on a Monday.