Author Topic: murray out?  (Read 24609 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: murray out?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 05:42:41 PM »
On a slightly different note....changing dug outs....I can see warming up in front of town end might be an advantage....

How exactly would this be an advantage?

Most of the York Street end support tends to arrive fairly early and will applaud the team as they run out and start their warm-up. As we're closer to the tunnel the players will hear this. Meanwhile the Town End doesn't start filling up until ten minutes before kick off (by which time the players are on their way back in) having completed a warm-up in front of a large but predominantly empty terrace. I'd say it was more of a disadvantage than an advantage!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
  Just don't subscribe to the myths that things will necessarily improve ..

~  next season

~  when the manager has his own players

~  when we move to new stadium (   if  ?  )

~  everyone gets behind manager and team .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
On a slightly different note....changing dug outs....I can see warming up in front of town end might be an advantage....

Most of the York Street end support tends to arrive fairly early and will applaud the team as they run out and start their warm-up. As we're closer to the tunnel the players will hear this. Meanwhile the Town End doesn't start filling up until ten minutes before kick off (by which time the players are on their way back in) having completed a warm-up in front of a large but predominantly empty terrace. I'd say it was more of a disadvantage than an advantage!
fair point

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Most of the York Street end support tends to arrive fairly early and will applaud the team as they run out and start their warm-up. As we're closer to the tunnel the players will hear this. Meanwhile the Town End doesn't start filling up until ten minutes before kick off (by which time the players are on their way back in) having completed a warm-up in front of a large but predominantly empty terrace. I'd say it was more
of a disadvantage than an advantage!

Fully agree, plus the Main Stand and Spain Road are much fuller in the half nearer to York Street.
United we stand..................

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »
Suppose tradition goes out the window when someone comes in and knows best?

Wonder what the statistics are at playing to town end second half?
I'd say we've lost 75% of the time, and that's not changed since the management decision 8)

Roll on next season, looking forward to a team built round the best midfielder in the league ;D ;D >:(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »
No way you need 40 players at this level.... 25 at most. The vast majority of your starting XI being ever presents (or thereabouts) with the odd horses for courses selection and the inevitable injuries/bans/strengthening the squad

Worcester do seem to be grim and I expect them to get nowhere near 40 points this season. Who knows we may already have enough.... but you don't wanna be relying on that. Its them 3 games in a row after next week that will define whether we can rest easy for the last 6 weeks or bricking ourselves about the prospect of the unthinkable

Not known a team to have 40 players  at this level all at one time ,  most clock up over 40 during a season though .  Even with all the injuries I doubt we have had over 25 on the books at any time .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
  Just don't subscribe to the myths that things will necessarily improve ..

~  next season

~  when the manager has his own players

~  when we move to new stadium (   if  ?  )

~  everyone gets behind manager and team .

Me neither Ted .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
We accept AM is overseeing a difficult period at our club. There will be more ups & downs between now & the end of the season. AM knows what we need to go up next season & he will deliver for us!!  From Mansfield & Ashfield Chad 22/04/13: Mansfield captain AM ranked Stags BSP title glory as his greatest achievement in football. AM in his 3rd spell at the club has been previously promoted with the Stags in 2001/2 and Oxford Utd in 2009/10 season. Let him bring his own players in pre season and there could be in excess of 12 and he will have the whole pre season to develop his own team. Let's keep the faith for rest of this season & AM will take us up next season. Let's thank the Chestnuts too for such an ambitious appointment!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
We accept AM is overseeing a difficult period at our club. There will be more ups & downs between now & the end of the season. AM knows what we need to go up next season & he will deliver for us!!  From Mansfield & Ashfield Chad 22/04/13: Mansfield captain AM ranked Stags BSP title glory as his greatest achievement in football. AM in his 3rd spell at the club has been previously promoted with the Stags in 2001/2 and Oxford Utd in 2009/10 season. Let him bring his own players in pre season and there could be in excess of 12 and he will have the whole pre season to develop his own team. Let's keep the faith for rest of this season & AM will take us up next season. Let's thank the Chestnuts too for such an ambitious appointment!!

Welcome to Patter .

Success as a player does not mean it is going to be replicated as a manager .      AM only produced average results at Mansfield .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »
Thanks for the welcome GHM. AM was assistant manager to Paul Cox when Mansfield won the BSP in 2013 (& Captain). He also had two other promotions with Carlisle Utd between 2006-9. He also as Manager in his first season took the Stags to there highest league finish in 10 yes. Just think & hope AM can bring his promotion winning mentality to the Pilgrims next season!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »
Thanks for the welcome GHM. AM was assistant manager to Paul Cox when Mansfield won the BSP in 2013 (& Captain). He also had two other promotions with Carlisle Utd between 2006-9. He also as Manager in his first season took the Stags to there highest league finish in 10 yes. Just think & hope AM can bring his promotion winning mentality to the Pilgrims next season!!

I agree, we have got to give him a chance.

Nothing I have seen as given me much hope at present.  But he has a solid track record.

It must be hard to take over mid season with a team in such a mess.  I say let him bring in the right type of player post season, because mid season all the best players have been snapped up.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
I would think we will see a dramatic improvement when our performance analyst reports start taking effect .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
I thought AM moved the dugouts so he could be nearer the linesman to bet in his ear, and the Boston subs wouldn't be warming up in front of the away fans... which makes a bit more sense.

Little things can make a difference. Of course, it helps if you aren't effing crap too, that bit needs a little work, but with a summer to work on it I am hopeful next season will be better than this. Even if Fylde and, say, Salford go up though, still a massively tough ask to compete for the title. On the plus side, maybe an away day in York on the cards!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »
Adam Murray must be given a chance and there should be no judgement made until at least halfway through next season. I don't know how everyone else feels but there seems to be nothing to excite me when I arrive at the ground for a home game leaving aside the prospect of the usual defeat, throughout the week there is little on the official site of interest and certainly nothing to lift the spirits of supporters and get them enthusiastic about the future. A feeling of fans being taken for granted, I recently donated to the excellent crowdfunding initiative but the club has done little to encourage this. Every Saturday home game it is the same routine with the CEO dishing out flags to a group of school children to wave as the teams emerge, Now everyone will know I have always encouraged the club to play an important part in the community and in many areas they are doing this but surely on game day they can do better. As for the new stadium many questions are being asked and indeed many have doubts it will ever happen, what has happened to the regular fans forums where we were always brought up to date with the progress of all thing BUFC, as it appears the club is being run by the CEO surely he has the authority to arrange one. Gates are falling, interest is waning so there needs to be some initiatives to halt this and embrace the clubs supporters.     

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »
Adam Murray must be given a chance and there should be no judgement made until at least halfway through next season. I don't know how everyone else feels but there seems to be nothing to excite me when I arrive at the ground for a home game leaving aside the prospect of the usual defeat, throughout the week there is little on the official site of interest and certainly nothing to lift the spirits of supporters and get them enthusiastic about the future. A feeling of fans being taken for granted, I recently donated to the excellent crowdfunding initiative but the club has done little to encourage this. Every Saturday home game it is the same routine with the CEO dishing out flags to a group of school children to wave as the teams emerge, Now everyone will know I have always encouraged the club to play an important part in the community and in many areas they are doing this but surely on game day they can do better. As for the new stadium many questions are being asked and indeed many have doubts it will ever happen, what has happened to the regular fans forums where we were always brought up to date with the progress of all thing BUFC, as it appears the club is being run by the CEO surely he has the authority to arrange one. Gates are falling, interest is waning so there needs to be some initiatives to halt this and embrace the clubs supporters.   

Agree Murray has to be given time ,  many have the same match day lack of expectations and have the same thoughts as you Mel ,
Must be time that the club gave an update regarding off the field matters .
What concerns me short term on the field is many of the players should do better ,  Lets hope AM can get motivating the players and not  fail on motivational skills like Jason Lee .