Author Topic: murray out?  (Read 24572 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
murray out?
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
Dire, dross, and have got to say where was murray? for a manager whos team was being badly beaten found it strange he never got out of his dug out once.in the 2nd half to shout instructions? dont get me started on Karl Hawley...

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: murray out?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:32:57 PM »
No. Just no.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:41:42 PM »
i wish i could agree, but honestly, he didnt get out of his dugout once in the 2nd half which is very suprising
, a manager needs to be pushing his team.all the way.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:43:24 PM by jelangley »

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 05:59:06 PM »
No not out,lets not start with that again, judge him on next season.
I do agree that he did not get out of the dug out much, he really does have to stop sulking over the pitch though, its the same playing surface for us and our opponents.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:54 PM »
judge him on next season
Which division will we be in?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:27:11 PM »
Maybe Murray was like the rest of us and thought wtf? Defender calls out his ball and then promptly tamely heads it to the only forward player with 30 yards. It has now proved that half this squad (at least) will be moved on. Batchelor looks decent but needs help. As for Clarke, why does he insist on letting the ball roll past him so he can try and spin and get away? It only works once then the opposition are aware of it and snatch it back everytime after that. Lewis put some life into it once he came on but again we had numerous shooting opportunities but insisted on passing it wide for a cross that we hardly won. First 20 minutes could not fault them but as soon as Jay went off we seemed bereft of ideas.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 01:40:32 AM »
judge him on next season
This league of course,we are 7 points above and yes above the relegation zone.
Doom and gloom I don't do.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:49:10 AM »
I don't do doom and gloom either but I am a little concerned. 42 points should thankfully be be enough to stay in the league as Alty, Staylbridge and Worcester are poor. So 7 more points needed, Alty and Telford, maybe Gloucester  at home, Worcester, Alfreton and Curzon  away are games we should get something from but I can't see anything other than defeats coming at the other 5 games. Still some work to do.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
Ridiculous thread

Although I'm happy to admit Harrogate and yesterday were as bad as anything I've seen in years.
Are we really playing at home when we use 48 players a season? There's no routine, no continuity and the players are effectively strangers to eachother.
We need to make sure nothing stupid happens this season, maybe take a handful of players forwards then give the group the whole season to get to know eachother and play like a team again.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
Why is it ridiculous Josh?
He has had 11 games..brought in players who are no better than the ones shipped (Colley excepted)
The standard of play is dire...it's all about winning I know but it would be nice to be entertained.
I'm sure there were clamouring for Graham Drurys head well before 11 games.
Has Adam Chapman improved the team? Apart from long throws not sure what he gives us.....is he better than Chippy?..
The two full backs brought in...better than Thomas and Gordon?
On a slightly different note....changing dug outs....I can see warming up in front of town end might be an advantage....however....kicking towards York street in the 2nd half was a bit of an advantage as the sun was setting over town end and away keeper gets sun in his eyes...

Who would be a manager ? :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 01:21:21 PM »
Ridiculous thread

Although I'm happy to admit Harrogate and yesterday were as bad as anything I've seen in years.
Are we really playing at home when we use 48 players a season? There's no routine, no continuity and the players are effectively strangers to eachother.
We need to make sure nothing stupid happens this season, maybe take a handful of players forwards then give the group the whole season to get to know eachother and play like a team again.

I get your point josh but you will find 40+ players a season is about normal for our league ,  with having 7/8 long term injuries all season I suppose that 48 roughly translates into about 40 .

When looking at what players to take forward for next season I cannot see any of AM new signings which we would want to keep .    Agree about constant team chances , this has escalated under AM , got to the stage where we play mid-fielders at fullback etc , knee jerk reactions ?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
I don't do doom and gloom either but I am a little concerned. 42 points should thankfully be be enough to stay in the league as Alty, Staylbridge and Worcester are poor. So 7 more points needed, Alty and Telford, maybe Gloucester  at home, Worcester, Alfreton and Curzon  away are games we should get something from but I can't see anything other than defeats coming at the other 5 games. Still some work to do.

You'll not need 42 this season Worcester have no team they'll be lucky to get 1 point. And how the other 2 will get 42.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »
No way you need 40 players at this level.... 25 at most. The vast majority of your starting XI being ever presents (or thereabouts) with the odd horses for courses selection and the inevitable injuries/bans/strengthening the squad

Worcester do seem to be grim and I expect them to get nowhere near 40 points this season. Who knows we may already have enough.... but you don't wanna be relying on that. Its them 3 games in a row after next week that will define whether we can rest easy for the last 6 weeks or bricking ourselves about the prospect of the unthinkable

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
judge him on next season
This league of course,we are 7 points above and yes above the relegation zone.
Doom and gloom I don't do.

Still a long way to go! We need to improve.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »
Come on everyone, lets get our chins of the floor and fight on, this club has always had to fight for everything.
Things will get better, if we all stick together and get behind this team and manager.
AM will improve this team enormously next season, no budget left to spend this season so he can only get what's cheap and free, and lets face it,if it's available this time of the season, its for a reason.