Author Topic: Vs Nuneaton  (Read 14285 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Vs Nuneaton
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »
Why are those people, who were so vocal in ousting Den and stating that he had made numerous bad signings, not anywhere near as vocal about these bad signings which the current manager has made ?  Answers on a postcard folks ....

I agreed at the start of the new managers term in charge that we can only judge when we see his team, but today, it was mainly his !
The last five games read, L,L,W,L,L, even Greene wouldn't have been showing these figures and at least his team played football on the ground. We have lost our way big time, we have gone from playing good football on a good pitch, to playing hoof ball on a muddy field.  It is worrying, as fans are now split and some are staying away because of this. There is no other reason for declining gates.

Somehow, we have now got to get on with it and fully back the current manager, no matter what we feel about this whole season. This season is a write off,but if we rid the venomous atmosphere then maybe we can get back to what we once was a few seasons back, competitive and in the play offs next season.
In summary though, and to answer your question about why not be calling for his head? There were a minority in the ground yesterday shouting exactly that, but not me.

Thought i would correct you, i didn't mention calling for his head. What i did ask was why, after signing so many poor players, has he not received the same amount of questioning as Den did over his poor signings from the same few people. It does come across a bit strange, and does suggest the campaign to get the previous manager out was more a hate campaign fueled by personal spats. All involved played their parts in those spats, from the ex manager to some fans. In no way am i defending Den, nor these fans, but it does seem that those who had heavy opinions about bad players signed back then are nowhere near as vocal right now under the current manager.

One thing is for sure, the fanbase is still split, and to hear that some were still shouting abuse yesterday is very disappointing to say the least. While i am still not convinced by the new manager and the players he has signed, i am all for backing him and every player, they need us fans after all. Shouting abuse is never productive, is it !
correction accepted, sorry.
The lack of vocal hatred could be due to.....
Giving the new bloke a chance
Or the fact he doesn't fight back on social media
Whatever the reason, the DG situation didn't do any good for anyone, and doesn't need repeating.

No problem, things get misread or misquoted all the time on social media.
One good thing with Murray is that he came out and said from the very start that he wouldn't tolerate negativity or moaning, so i guess that sent out a strong message from the start. Am sure though, that if he were on social media that some people would be tagging him into posts and fishing for a reaction. Lets just hope we never go down that torrid road again. We need a bit of professionalism on and off the pitch.

I do think there was a massive hate campaign against DG and as you say were are they now??
I also think he would still be here if that hadn't happened, it really got to him and he lost heart.
Yes we all need to be more professional and just look forward to next season. 

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »
non league paper ratings

durrant 7 gatter 4 yeomans 6 batchelor 5 robinson 5 chapman 6 simmons 5 hawley 6 bishop 5 clarke 5 rollins 5

hilliard 5 fitzpatrick 5 thomas 6

personally, i feel that we have two of the best full backs in the league in gordon and thomas. ok, both were poor v harrogate, but so were most of the team. gatter simply isn't a full back and yeomans, whilst promising, isn't half the player that gordon is. in my view this is poor team selection. as for chapman, i don't think he's worth his place. doesn't run around enough for me and we are carrying him. no way he'll be dropped though after the 'best midfielder in the league' comment though is there?

i think there are some good lads at the club and i also feel the future is very bright but not sure it's the right shape/ personnel at the minute. watching the highlights back, the first two goals came in channels where full backs should be 'tucking round' to cover the centre halves and the third is an error from gatts who had a clear 'away' call. this is the third time in the last month where defenders have failed to execute 'safety first' clearances and have tried to be too clever. none of these errors have been made by either gordon or thomas yet they're the ones axed. makes no sense to me

we definitely won't go down though so there's plenty to be optimistic about. keep the faith people
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:10:03 AM by tom and jerry »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »
Spot on T&J agree with everything you say. It does worry me a bit when the gaffer thinks Yeomans and Gatter are better full backs than Gordon and Thomas. Chapman for me is way off the pace at the min. Manager seems to rate him highly though especially being made captain in place of clarke. It seems his place in the starting line is assured. Rather see fitzpatrick in there.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
The performances against Nuneaton and Harrogate have been as disjointed as anything I've seen for a long time,  like Beef I can't believe Ben Gordon who's been a rare bright spark this season can't get a game .
Still, going to get behind the new manager as he needs support and  signing decent players at this time of the season is a problem.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 10:27:24 PM »
I really feel for Gatter. He's never a full back and is being exposed.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 11:45:36 PM »
being made captain in place of clarke

He wasn't, he took over when Clarke went off
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
agree re gatter. he's being messed around a bit in my view. he's a centre mid or centre half but not a right back. problem i see is we'll make a system to fit chapman into. to me, he's not even boston's best midfielder, never mind the league's! fitzpatrick and gatter with hilliard in front ticks all the boxes

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
agree re gatter. he's being messed around a bit in my view. he's a centre mid or centre half but not a right back. problem i see is we'll make a system to fit chapman into. to me, he's not even boston's best midfielder, never mind the league's! fitzpatrick and gatter with hilliard in front ticks all the boxes

Not the first manager to do the old pals act ,   can never understand why they put their own jobs on the line just to find short term employment for a pal .     

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 04:06:10 PM »
me neither

i saw chapman against us at gainsborough on NYD and he was bang average. in my view he's been bang average for us since he came in. he will be on top wages too i suspect

hopefully we have yet to see the best of him so let's afford him the benefit of the doubt but i'm just judging him on what i've seen so far and he's not as good as fitzpatrick in my opinion

i do see some decent prospects in the squad though and we won't go down so hopefully better times are around the corner

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »
being made captain in place of clarke
[/quote
Thats esentially what i meant.

He wasn't, he took over when Clarke went off
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Not the first manager to do the old pals act ,   can never understand why they put their own jobs on the line just to find short term employment for a pal .   
Simon Rusk made quite a career from being Steve Evans' taxi driver!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684