Author Topic: Harry Limb signs for Burnley  (Read 10125 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Limb signs for Burnley
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:17:11 PM »
Well done Harry. Shame you have signed for lacklustre Burnley who couldn't raise their game against Lincoln - but Premier League all the same! Could never understand why such a talented youngster, who was given a first team contract at 15, had only limited appearances for the Club who, let's face it, preferred to field succession of one month loanees and less talented (albeit more experienced) players. Severely our loss - but glad that his talent has been recognised in spite of his lack of opportunities given by BUFC. Definitely "the one who got away" - wilfully!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
Well done Harry and a massive good luck for the future.
A bit disappointed that Wisbech are taking full credit for developing this young talent,when obviously he came through the youth programme at BUFC .
But well-done to them for spotting an opportunity to progress Harry, no mention of a fee though.
But you are right BB,what the hell was DG doing not giving the lad a proper chance.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:24:16 PM »
I think it would be a better focus to say well done to Harry, rather than concentrating on another negative slant thrown at a previous manager (and you all know I wasn't his fan).
Harry is doing very well for himself, and I hope he takes his big opportunity, and stays injury free.
In the few short appearances I saw him, he didn't look phased by first team football, and gave as good as he got against more experienced and stronger opposition. He looked comfortable on the ball and has an eye for goal.
I'm sure there are many young talented players who never get chances like this, so I want to wish him well, and hope just maybe one day he may be in a televised cuptie playing for an average top flight team losing to a non league team from Lincolnshire. Far fetched? Maybe not, eh?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »
I think you will find that BB and myself,stated at the start of our posts, Well done Harry.
So I don't take kindly to being criticized for something I clearly did not do.
So please point out on my post were I did not congratulate Harry and wish him luck.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
I think you will find that BB and myself,stated at the start of our posts, Well done Harry.
So I don't take kindly to being criticized for something I clearly did not do.
So please point out on my post were I did not congratulate Harry and wish him luck.
I was referring to your.....quote "what the hell was DG doing not giving the lad a proper chance." I believe you said exactly that, and if you .....quote "don't take kindly", then don't say you didn't do something that you clearly did do. It's in black and white.
For the record, I never mentioned whether or not you said well done.
To clarify.......I think the negative reference to DG serves to overshadow the lads achievement, which should be the focus of the post, hence my comment. Nothing else.
Sorry if you're miffed, but it's a forum and the whole point is discussion, whether or not you like it, I found an issue with what I read, like you did with my post. And just like you, I raised the issue.

John Bunyan, 1684

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
Can we all stop criticising each other and congratulate Harry on an incredible achievement?

DG may have missed a talent but we also missed a trick with Tom Hopper.  That's the joy of non league, no? Players who fit the bill in the Vanarama don't necessarily work on the big leagues and vice versa . Shame, but  c'est la vie. Did any clubs approach Harry when he was knocking goals in for the U21s? Maybe. But did anyone think he could "mix it" in the Vanarama north? No.

Good luck Harry!

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 03:29:55 AM »
Hmmm oh well!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
Well done Harry ,   

No sure what you mean "we missed a trick with Tom Hopper ",   S P .

Leicester City did what other which clubs do ,   take young talent off small clubs  without having to pay a fee .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
Great move for Harry.  Harry was highly rated by Greene, but game time in our first team was not happening due to the fact that we had strikers above him in the pecking order at the time, before his loan move out to Loughborough in Jan 2016. Those strikers were Felix, Southwell and Rollins, as well as Jones. As much as the manager at the time rated Harry, i guess he knew that to progress him, first team football, wherever that may be, was needed. To me, the attraction of first team football for the young lad was the reason why he left this club. As much as it is gutting that we have let go a talent, this is football, where clubs up and down the Country release players who cannot get into the first teams, but have the need for first team football to enable them to grow as a player. At the end of the 2015-16 season, he wouldn't have got a chance here. But in hindsight, this season, what with our poorer front line 'excluding Smith', probable he would have got a look in. Who knows....

I wish Harry all the best, none the less.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
Didn't Manchester United let Paul Pogba go for next to nothing and then had to pay a world record fee to get him back? Isn't that a similar type of error of judgement to what people are accusing Greene of? Anyone want to blast Alex Ferguson on here?

The point is a lot of players don't make it at their first clubs for a variety of reasons. Think Jamie Vardy at Sheffield Wednesday, Stan Collymore at Wolves, Dayle Southwell at Grimsby, Ricky Miller at about 20 different clubs, etc. Maybe it's character building for players to be released and it's about how they react. Most of this season's squad could go on to play at a higher level next year ;D

Good luck to Harry, would like to hope Burnley are aware of Boston having a role in his upbringing and maybe allow Harry to captain a team in a pre season friendly against us at some point?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:25:50 AM by York Street Pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
Burnley taking a team to Wisbech for a pre-season friendly . 

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
Harry came on as a 55th minute sub for Burnley u23's today against Sunderland u23's. They won 5-3. Not a bad start for a 17 year old. Max Stryjek was probably pleased to be an unused sub for Sunderland!

John Bunyan, 1684

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 03:59:51 PM »
Derby u23s 0 - 5 Burnley u23s

Limb got two.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
If he'd have commanded a large transfer fee, would he have cost an arm and leg?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/