Author Topic: last eleven games for DG v first eleven for AM  (Read 9485 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: last ten games for DG v first ten for AM
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 05:31:53 PM »
Time will tell. If we're averaging 1.4 pts per game next season then that would represent a big disappointment. Until he gets his own team in and has a pre season to make his signings, I can't really judge him.

Repairing our shambolic home record is an urgent priority. Boston should be a horrible trip for opposition, but instead it's an easy game after a few hours on the road
How much time Josh?
At least with DG it was for the most part entertaining....this  today was terrible....

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
Re: last eleven games for DG v first eleven for AM
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
What wS DG's first 11 games like when he took over from Drury with most of Drury's team .?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:53:49 PM by mike brolly boots »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »
What wS DG's first 11 games like when he took over from Drury with most of Drury's team .?

He came in with the 4-0 win over Gloucester, followed by W,W,L,W,D,L,L,D,L,W.  The latter three loses were by a single goal each time, so we was at least competitive.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 09:28:07 PM »
Not a clue MBB. ;) ...and can't be bothered to look....bit down on the whole thing tbh.
I saw DG lose all his players and replace them with ones who got injured and some who let him down (and themselves)
I saw DG get involved on social media...a battle he was not going to win...and fell on his sword
I saw the rise of anti DG feeling to the point where he fell out of love with the whole thing.
I've seen him replaced with someone who talks the talk...to the point where there's a fund raising page when he hasn't proven himself here (well not to me anyway)
Personally I don't see an improvement on GD (yes I do mean GD)
I've seen a terrible game today where the motm was a DG player (apparently...I had gone by that time) and people asking why Hilliard wasn't brought on and all our attack went breasts up when Robbins went off.
I see posts about Gregg Smith coming back ....not sure how he will save the day..similar posts were about the return of Nat Brown...now people are glad to see back of him.
Let's be honest Nuneaton are poor...very poor but we made them look good.
I honestly felt I couldn't be ar%^*ed to post about this game...but I have...surprised myself :)

SpayneRoadPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 09:57:09 PM »
Time will tell. If we're averaging 1.4 pts per game next season then that would represent a big disappointment. Until he gets his own team in and has a pre season to make his signings, I can't really judge him.

Repairing our shambolic home record is an urgent priority. Boston should be a horrible trip for opposition, but instead it's an easy game after a few hours on the road

How many from the team on Saturday were AM signings? I will accept they may not be his preferred choice of player, but still, are they any better than what we had before?

In my opinion the team seem to be going backwards. I am hopeful that we can just scramble to the end of the season. We can then judge AM properly.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »

How many from the team on Saturday were AM signings? I will accept they may not be his preferred choice of player, but still, are they any better than what we had before?

In my opinion the team seem to be going backwards. I am hopeful that we can just scramble to the end of the season. We can then judge AM properly.
8 starters were AM. All except Josh Rob, Clarke and Jay.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 10:32:36 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote] 8 starters were AM. All except Josh Rob, Clarke and Jay.
[/quote]
I believe the previous management had been looking at Batchelor for sometime....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 12:47:17 AM »
 Re Batchelor , remember he was often on the bench at - Stamford  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 12:36:10 PM »
Re Batchelor , remember he was often on the bench at - Stamford  ???

Probably  that's why the previous manager didn't sign him .
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:53:25 PM by green hats mate »