Author Topic: Defeated by D@rlo...  (Read 7888 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Defeated by D@rlo...
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »
Another Saturday home game,and yet another defeat!
Another poor first half performance and we are 0-2 down at half-time...once again stupid defensive errors being our undoing...
Just like the Chorley game we did much better in the second half,especially after changing to a
4-4-2 after the two substitutions....we had at least two golden opportunities to equalise and could also have been awarded a penalty on another day....We are "getting there"  under our new manager....I have to say that D@rlo were fantastic at time wasting.....I dont like to criticise the Officials just for the sake of it,its just a shame that these "weak" officials did nothing about it and seemed oblivious to it all...

D@rlo I think brought on Liam Hardy as a late substiture,but from what I can see he wasnt mentioned as one of the official substitutes (just saying)...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:59:05 PM by Johnny Pilgrim »

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Re: Defeated by D@rlo...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:00:06 PM »
very frustrating

a slow start, we switched off for the first goal and didn't pick up the runner

second goal was a great finish

much better after the break. bishop made a difference and will surely start next week

a point would have been at least fair

officials very weak

final word about the pitch. AM said recently the club were aware of the problem and were doing something about it. once more today it was horrible. got worse as the game went on as it cut up. has to be the worst in the league. come on powers that be- give the lads a proper surface to play on as this one is holding us back

off for a pint

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
Another hard to watch game lots of hoof ball and another poor 1st half lacking in any sort of quality.
Yes the pitch is poor but the forward balls need to be a lot better.
It was good to see we improved with the subs and the return of some width to the pitch in the second half.
Huge scope for improvement!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »
D@rlo I think brought on Liam Hardy as a late substiture,but from what I can see he wasnt mentioned as one of the official substitutes (just saying)...
[/quote]

JP. You've got a serious point there. Their named subs were: SUBS: 12 Galbraith, 14 Gillies, 15 Marrs, 16 Blackford, GK Bell.

No Hardy named and yet a Hardy came on! I was not at game so do not know the situation but this seems to be the case. Well spotted JP.

Did they play an ineligible player? Over to Craig and the boys to investigate! We may have "won" this game after all!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »

JP. You've got a serious point there. Their named subs were: SUBS: 12 Galbraith, 14 Gillies, 15 Marrs, 16 Blackford, GK Bell.

No Hardy named and yet a Hardy came on! I was not at game so do not know the situation but this seems to be the case. Well spotted JP.

Did they play an ineligible player? Over to Craig and the boys to investigate! We may have "won" this game after all!
[/quote]

According to Darlington twitter - when Hardy replaced Cartman in the 70th minute it was stated that Liam Marrs was on the teamsheet and it should have been Hardy.  So no ineligible player.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:17:57 PM »
Another Saturday home game,and yet another defeat!
Another poor first half performance and we are 0-2 down at half-time...once again stupid defensive errors being our undoing...
Just like the Chorley game we did much better in the second half,especially after changing to a
4-4-2 after the two substitutions....we had at least two golden opportunities to equalise and could also have been awarded a penalty on another day....We are "getting there"  under our new manager....I have to say that D@rlo were fantastic at time wasting.....I dont like to criticise the Officials just for the sake of it,its just a shame that these "weak" officials did nothing about it and seemed oblivious to it all...

My thoughts entirely. Officials have plenty of difficult decisions to make, but one of the easiest is showing yellow to a player kicking the ball away. That would soon stop it.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 07:22:14 AM »
We moan about the officials every week. Non league players = non league refs = not great quality / consistency. Teams that win rarely moan about the refs.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:17:40 AM »
We moan about the officials every week. Non league players = non league refs = not great quality / consistency. Teams that win rarely moan about the refs.

TEP
When that sub came on the announcer mentioned he wasn't on team sheet

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »

TEP
I agree, moaning about other issues comes instead of taking responsibility for our shortcomings. We were poor again, and that's all there is too it. If we were winning away, do you think we would bemoan taking too long over throw ins, or kicking the ball away? I think not. And if you get away with it, you do it all the more.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 11:42:15 AM »
We were poor in the first, but in the second we had 3 very good chances - Bishop, Simmons and Rollins - plus an incredible penalty shout.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 11:55:06 AM »

TEP
I agree, moaning about other issues comes instead of taking responsibility for our shortcomings. We were poor again, and that's all there is too it. If we were winning away, do you think we would bemoan taking too long over throw ins, or kicking the ball away? I think not. And if you get away with it, you do it all the more.

Yes, I would. I find it embarrassing. But that's just me. As for your last point, well, that's just what I was moaning about. They DID get away with it, so they did it all the more.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

TEP

I would think if an impartial observer with a good knowledge of the game assessed the players and officials and awarded marks for performance the officials would score better than many of the players .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »
Another hard to watch game lots of hoof ball and another poor 1st half lacking in any sort of quality.
Yes the pitch is poor but the forward balls need to be a lot better.
It was good to see we improved with the subs and the return of some width to the pitch in the second half.
Huge scope for improvement!

I think this will continue to be the storey for the rest of the season .     When Hilliard has an off day (as he often does ) it leaves us with no guile or creativity in midfield .

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
Important differences between the teams yesterday were that Darlo were more comfortable on the ball (we wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible ), and they had much more quality from dead balls. Whereas we looped corners etc in rather aimlessly, giving defenders plenty of time to get in position, they whipped them into danger areas. That was what happened with their second goal; Chapman gives away a silly free kick needlessly and they score. But we had enough decent chances in the second half to get at least a draw, so it's not all bad.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »

TEP

Yes, I would. I find it embarrassing. But that's just me. As for your last point, well, that's just what I was moaning about. They DID get away with it, so they did it all the more.
I understand your moan, and yes, it shouldn't be allowed to be got away with, but my point is if we had done it and it said Pilgrims 2 Quakers 1 in the results column, personally I with wouldn't care whether or not we had employed tactics to achieve it. Embarassing or not, they did it, the ref allowed it, and this morning the column says we lost, 0points.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684